Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2008 Official Schedules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What does everyones schedules look like for the upcoming season?
Prestonsburg Blackcats 2008

Aug. 15 Clay County -- Home (Scrimmage)
Aug. 22 Sheldon Clark -- Home (Scrimmage)
Aug. 30 Paintsville -- Home (Joe P. Tackett Bowl)
Sept. 5 Breathitt County -- Home
Sept. 12 Bath County -- Away (District Game)
Sept. 19 Lawrence County -- Away
Sept. 26 Morgan County -- Home (District Game)
Oct. 3 OPEN
Oct. 11 Beechwood -- Away
Oct. 17 Pikeville -- Home
Oct. 25 Cooper -- Away
Oct. 31 Shelby Valley -- Away (District Game)
Nov. 17 Perry Central -- Home
Lawerence County Bulldogs (don't have the dates on me)

Scrimmage Pikeville
Scrimmage East Carter
North Laural A (bowl game)
Belfry H
Sheldon Clark A
Russell A
Prestonsburg H
Rowan Co. A
Boyd Co. A
Greenup Co. H
Breathitt Co. H
Letcher County Central H

Defiantly one of if not the toughest schedules in Eastern KY.
bulldog42 Wrote:Lawerence County Bulldogs (don't have the dates on me)

Scrimmage Pikeville
Scrimmage East Carter
Belfry H
Sheldon Clark A
Russell A
Pburg H
Rowan A
Boyd A
Greenup H
Breathitt H
Letcher County Central H

They sure do know how to schedule them up there in Louisa... Thats gotta be the toughest schedule in eastern Kentucky.
Aug. 15 Jenkins--Home (Scrimmage)
Aug. 22 ERHS Teco Coal Bowl Kickoff Classic vs Hurley, VA--Home (Scrimmage)
Aug. 29 Pike County Bowl vs Shelby Valley--Away
Sept. 5 Grundy, VA--Away
Sept. 12 Belfry--Away (District Game)
Sept. 19 Sheldon Clark--Home (District Game)
Sept. 26 Pike Central--Away (District Game)
Oct. 3 Knott Central--Home
Oct. 10 Haysi, VA--Away
Oct. 17 Letcher Central--Home
Oct. 24 Magoffin Co--Away (District Game)
Oct. 31 Open
Nov. 7 South Floyd--Home
Nov. 14 KHSAA 3A Playoffs Round One
Pikevilles is like this Im not sure on the dates but Im sure on the order of games.

Corbin-Pike County Bowl
Ashland-@Putnam
Betsy Lane-Home (District Game)
Lex Cath-@ Lex Cath
Allen Central-@ Allen Central(District Game)
Belfry-Home
South Floyd-Home (District Game)
P-Burg-@P-Burg
Paintsville-@Paintsville (Distict Game)
Phelps-Home (District Game)
Im guessing the South Floyd game will be Homecoming and the Phelps game is senior night. I could be wrong on that though. I know Lawrence has a tough schedule but our non-district schedule is pretty tough too. We play four teams that went to the region title game last year in their respective classes. 2 of those teams made it all the way to Louisville. Throw in having to play at Putnam against Ashland which is a tough place to play no matter how down they may or may not be.
bulldog42 Wrote:Lawerence County Bulldogs (don't have the dates on me)

Scrimmage Pikeville
Scrimmage East Carter
Belfry H
Sheldon Clark A
Russell A
Prestonsburg H
Rowan Co. A
Boyd Co. A
Greenup Co. H
Breathitt Co. H
Letcher County Central H

Well is definatley doesnt get any easier in Louisa, another tough year for the Dawgs
blackcat_student Wrote:They sure do know how to schedule them up there in Louisa... Thats gotta be the toughest schedule in eastern Kentucky.
Pretty much finishing out the schedule that was already in place for home+home series. I think it will be better in the future. I'm all for great competition but this schedule doesn't leave much room to breathe. I think LC's out of confrence schedule last year combined for 60+ wins and less than 10 losses especially when you take out those teams beating each other.
bulldog42 Wrote:Pretty much finishing out the schedule that was already in place for home+home series. I think it will be better in the future. I'm all for great competition but this schedule doesn't leave much room to breathe. I think LC's out of confrence schedule last year combined for 60+ wins and less than 10 losses especially when you take out those teams beating each other.

That schedule will defiantly make those boys tougher when they face district opponents and when the playoffs roll around.

Best of luck to you guys this upcoming season!
Pikeville has a good schedule...sounds like it should be fun to watch. Question is are yall going to be able to handle it with all the seniors you lose?
blackcat_student Wrote:That schedule will defiantly make those boys tougher when they face district opponents and when the playoffs roll around.

Best of luck to you guys this upcoming season!
Good luck to you all too. I was just saying yesterday that I thought you guys have a chance to make a nice run this year. That is one heck of a backfield coming back and Burchette getting experience at the end of the year last year will only help this year. I like Sester + Cranyon a lot. Reminds me of the old duo that beat me out of my last game in the Regional Championship (Hyden+Garza).
i think the Sheldon Clark schedule looks this without dates
Aug. 22 scrimmage at Prestonsburg
Regular season Perry Central - Teco Coal Bowl
Fairland , Ohio - Away
Lawrence County - Home
East Ridge - road - district
Pike Central - road- district
Magoffin County - home- district
Belfry - Home - district
Rowan County - home
Bell County - away
Paintsville - home

:Thumbs:
bulldog42 Wrote:Good luck to you all too. I was just saying yesterday that I thought you guys have a chance to make a nice run this year. That is one heck of a backfield coming back and Burchette getting experience at the end of the year last year will only help this year. I like Sester + Cranyon a lot. Reminds me of the old duo that beat me out of my last game in the Regional Championship (Hyden+Garza).

Thanks.

Yeah, Setser & Craynon are going to be very tough to stop, Burchett is a very good kid that has great work ethic, he should be alot stronger this upcoming season. He has two very nice receivers he can throw too in Austin Gearheart & Matt Sword. Prestonsburg should be pretty explosive this season.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Pikeville has a good schedule...sounds like it should be fun to watch. Question is are yall going to be able to handle it with all the seniors you lose?
The good thing about this brutal non district schedule is that it allows us to play good competition and get better as a team without hurting our playoff chances. As far as our graduating seniors go. With the exception of a few good solid character kids it will be "Addition by Subtraction" IMO. Last year we had to many seniors who had the attitude of "The rest of you are out here to make US look good". This year we have true team leaders in our senior class who put "Team" before "Self" and that is what any team needs to be successful. Not to mention that we have a new coach that has an attitude and coaching style that meshes better with the community than the previous one did (Not offense intended to Coach J). In short well see you guys in region this year. LOL!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:The good thing about this brutal non district schedule is that it allows us to play good competition and get better as a team without hurting our playoff chances. As far as our graduating seniors go. With the exception of a few good solid character kids it will be "Addition by Subtraction" IMO. Last year we had to many seniors who had the attitude of "The rest of you are out here to make US look good". This year we have true team leaders in our senior class who put "Team" before "Self" and that is what any team needs to be successful. Not to mention that we have a new coach that has an attitude and coaching style that meshes better with the community than the previous one did (Not offense intended to Coach J). In short well see you guys in region this year. LOL!

Hopefully not...lmao...id much rather play Lexington Christian to redeem ourselves from last year. But o well...dont matter. Lol....yeah seems like yall always have a hard schedule no matter the team. I agree 100% with getting better by playing hard times non-district bcuz honestly our district is prty weak..lol

1. @ Lex Catholic vs. Green Co.
2. Pike Central (gridiron classic)
3. @ Pineville
4. Grayson Co. Virginia
5. @ PCC
6. @ Harlan
7. Lynn Camp
8. @ Johnson Central
9. Jenkins
10. @ Lex. Christian

we scrimmage belfry....so our schedule isnt all that easy...lol

Good luck next year
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Hopefully not...lmao...id much rather play Lexington Christian to redeem ourselves from last year. But o well...dont matter. Lol....yeah seems like yall always have a hard schedule no matter the team. I agree 100% with getting better by playing hard times non-district bcuz honestly our district is prty weak..lol

1. @ Lex Catholic vs. Green Co.
2. Pike Central (gridiron classic)
3. @ Pineville
4. Grayson Co. Virginia
5. @ PCC
6. @ Harlan
7. Lynn Camp
8. @ Johnson Central
9. Jenkins
10. @ Lex. Christian

we scrimmage belfry....so our schedule isnt all that easy...lol

Good luck next year

Only 4 home games! GRRRRRRRRRRRR :boosign:
Powell County Pirates 2008

8/29 @ Jackson
9/5 Morgan
9/12 @ Estill
9/19 Fleming
9/26 Lewis
10/3 @Bath
10/10 Walton Verona (I believe this is a first year team for them)
10/17 @ Besty Lane
10/24 @breathitt
10/31 Berea

I see Powell winning 6 or 7 games next year.
Most of the schedules can now be found on here:

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb08?
Leslie Co. 2008 Schedule

8/29- Lynn Camp - Pioneer Bowl- Lynn Camp
9/5- Clay Co. - Pride Of The Mountains Bowl- Hazard
9/12- McCreary Central - Home
9/19- Open
9/26- Middlesboro -Away
10/3- Letcher Central -Home
10/10- Knott Central -Away
10/17-Perry Central -Home
10/24-Corbin -Home
10/31- Bell Co. -Away
11/7 - North Laurel -Away
warriorpride Wrote:Most of the schedules can now be found on here:

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb08?

There sure are a lot of incomplete schedules for this late. Or, coaches haven't posted them yet. Come on coaches, keep us up to date!
This is the start of a new 2-year contract cycle, right?
That always slows things down.
Heck, VA is in the 2nd year of our cycle and we don't have schedules posted yet.
(but we don't release them 1 at a time. They're due in the state office by 5/1, then put together as a book. Takes some time to do 300 schedules)