Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 60th District
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How will Phelps do
Could they repeat championships
i'm sure they can,they lost patrick dotson & charlie hunt ,but austin campbell is really showing lots of improvement and i dont hink he's stopped playing ball since the season ended.
Yea i agree with you they also have Dillon Stiltner, Ryan Hager, and Brennan Smith coming back
Wasnt Dotson and Hunt something like 70% of their offense and two best players on the team? Next year they could be another Belfry after Jamie Case left. They have some big shoes to fill.
Stiltner was pretty consistant throughout the year as was Hager and Campbell. IMO they can be the same calibar of team they were this year and I feel Coach will have them ready to play when the time comes!
phs1986 Wrote:Stiltner was pretty consistant throughout the year as was Hager and Campbell. IMO they can be the same calibar of team they were this year and I feel Coach will have them ready to play when the time comes!

As weak as the 60th will be next year , Piarist may have a shot ! The 60th will be one of the weakest in the state.
hawkhead Wrote:As weak as the 60th will be next year , Piarist may have a shot ! The 60th will be one of the weakest in the state.

SO.... basically your saying that the kids in the district in which you reside have no talent? Granted... we are not going to be as strong as we were back before consolidation BUT I think the 60th will be pretty decent. There are some very good ballplayers who are still capable of making the district very interesting.....
hawkhead Wrote:As weak as the 60th will be next year , Piarist may have a shot ! The 60th will be one of the weakest in the state.

By the end of the year Belfry will be as good as anyone in the region. They are loaded with young talent.
NEXT Wrote:By the end of the year Belfry will be as good as anyone in the region. They are loaded with young talent.

Loaded?
hawkhead Wrote:Loaded?

Yes.

They have 3 athletic bigs that are fresh, as well a some athletic guards who are 6' or bigger. Only lost a few games a freshman and in 8th grade only lost to Pikeville(couple of kids went other places), Martin Co, and Johnson Co. from the 15th.

By the end of the year they will be as good as anyone in the 15th aside from SV.
Will there be a 60th District next year?
Piarists rumor is they wont even have a team
There has been a shakeup in the 15th region as how the new format will take place next season. Pike County minus Piarist sends four teams to the region, 57th sends three and 58th sends three with Piarist coming back to the 58th.
Wyatt Earp Wrote:There has been a shakeup in the 15th region as how the new format will take place next season. Pike County minus Piarist sends four teams to the region, 57th sends three and 58th sends three with Piarist coming back to the 58th.

Yea i heard yesterday they were combining the 59th and 60th and will send 4 teams to the region
Interesting... I hadn't heard any of these "alignment" possibilities. Any word on when the official decision will be made?
Wyatt Earp Wrote:There has been a shakeup in the 15th region as how the new format will take place next season. Pike County minus Piarist sends four teams to the region, 57th sends three and 58th sends three with Piarist coming back to the 58th.

It still has to go before the Board of Control and be voted on bfore KHSAA accepts it
This is true Hawkhead and they will have the final say. I would not be shocked with anything that happens concerning the BOC.
hawkhead Wrote:It still has to go before the Board of Control and be voted on bfore KHSAA accepts it

Its a done deal.
mcharles3 Wrote:Yea i heard yesterday they were combining the 59th and 60th and will send 4 teams to the region

I am confused...Explain how this will work...Would any team that made it to the semi-finals of this new district have an automatic bid to the regional?:confused:
Chuck Taylor Wrote:I am confused...Explain how this will work...Would any team that made it to the semi-finals of this new district have an automatic bid to the regional?:confused:

No one could answer that.

It was a done deal before the meeting even took place. Questions were asked and stern looks, not answers were given. The lead on all this - Roger Waggner and Ancie Casey...........................
You mean that it was already decided as to how the districts would be lined up before the meeting took place?
Wyatt Earp Wrote:You mean that it was already decided as to how the districts would be lined up before the meeting took place?

Pretty much.

The way they explained it the region tourney will now consist of 10 teams.

4 from Pike Co.

3 from Floyd

3 from the 57th

They could explain no farther than that.

Its a cluster.........
I think it would be great to have all the teams in the region with seeding of the teams, and play in the Expo. Would make for a great week of fun...
i have no clue what will happen
NEXT Wrote:No one could answer that.

It was a done deal before the meeting even took place. Questions were asked and stern looks, not answers were given. The lead on all this - Roger Waggner and Ancie Casey...........................

First it was Paul Dotson and now it is Roger Waggner and Ancie Casey... :dontthink
Chuck Taylor Wrote:First it was Paul Dotson and now it is Roger Waggner and Ancie Casey... :dontthink
lets leave names out of it and wait and see how it shapes up i am betting nothing changes
Chuck Taylor Wrote:First it was Paul Dotson and now it is Roger Waggner and Ancie Casey... :dontthink

You NEVER heard a bad word about Paul Dotson in one of my post.
Phelps will be a good team this year.
Since apparently the 60th district is no more, I am closing this thread.

What a shame, IMO.