Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: College Students
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the class size like at your College?

At University of Richmond, I am currently enrolled in:
4 classes with around 25 students
1 class with 7
1 class with 6

When I was in Australia last semester I had this:
1 with 250+
1 with 100
1 with 50
1 with 35

I didn't like the larger classes so it got me thinking what classes are like for everyone else.
My biggest class at Morehead State is around 65. Other than that my other classes are around 20 to 25 students and thats the way I like it. MSU has one of the best student to teacher ratios in the state.
My biggest class at morehead was 82. that was gen ed in my department id say 28 is the largest class I've had and 7 for the fewest
Most of my classes at EKU had around 20-30 people in them.
I go to Big Sandy and the most I've had in a class was probably 14 (if that). And I absolutely LOVE IT!!! I honestly don't think I could adapt to and learn in a large class like that. I learn so much better in smaller classes. Plus I'm real shy so that helps there too.

My online classes have a lot of students in them. But the students never see the teacher and vice versa so that doesn't really count
I've had classes at UK that have ranged from around 12-15 students to around 400 students (3 times)

I've had several with around 150, but I'd say on average 40 or so.
The majority of my classes at Morehead State had 35 to 40.
Thomas More generally had between 8 and 20 (if that).
at EKU theres around 30-40 on average
I have had classes at UK that have ranged from 15 to 30 people. Along with the stereotypical classes like Chemistry and Biology which have 200-250. Still I do not think the class size effects anything. It is all about what you do OUTSIDE of the classroom.
at ALC I had a class once with just me and 1 other guy.
At UofL they cap most of the major classes between 25-35... most of the larger Gen Ed classes like Bio or chem have around 275-300, but Ive had some with 60, some with 120, some with only about 15 so it just depends on what class and your major. I went to Paintsville so even a class with 30 was an adjustment... but I love it, and most of the time I know 10 poeple in each class.
Most of my experiences are similar to Alfus's
Well i go to Pikeville and went to Univ. of the Cumberlands so it ranged on the norm 14-20 with the largest being about 35