Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Turf and Grass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it will be interesting to see what kind of difficulty teams will have adjusting to playing on the new turf at Belfry this upcoming season.

I wonder if it will have any affect on Belfry switching from turf at home to grass on the road almost every other game ?

Defenses will have a hard time on the turf, while passing/running teams should have an advantage.
well i went to the jones southwest virgina football camp at uva wise and we were on there feild the hole time and to me that kind of turf was awsome its easyier on your body running and doing drills and your faster so i like turf.
I doubt it will have any effect at all on Belfry... It didnt bother us going from turf to grass, as far as i could tell everything went smoothenly for us, considering we had turf cleats, some other teams said though they had trouble even jogging when the field was wet or it was cold, slicker than snot on a door knob if u dont have shoes for it
According to today's News-Express the field turf at the new Belfry HS will begin going down tomorrow July 24th. In 28 days the first game of the 2005 season kicks off at Belfry with the Pike County Bowl !!!
i like turf cause you are quicker on it, but if you fall, it hurts like a mother...like carpet burn times 5
no kiddin man, i got marks on both knees and arms
like big patches
Really... i have a burn or two... turfs nice except when your in the sun... the turf makes it so much hotter
T-Blankenship78 Wrote:Really... i have a burn or two... turfs nice except when your in the sun... the turf makes it so much hotter

AMEN TO THAT! we got back from Morehead yesterday, and everyday we practiced on their turf. We went out in the hottest part of the day, and where we have metal tipped cleats, the turf would heat up the metal in the cleats and it would go all the way through the shank of the cleat into the bottom of your foot, and it would cause huge blisters. it sucked so majorly bad.
theswag Wrote:
T-Blankenship78 Wrote:Really... i have a burn or two... turfs nice except when your in the sun... the turf makes it so much hotter

AMEN TO THAT! we got back from Morehead yesterday, and everyday we practiced on their turf. We went out in the hottest part of the day, and where we have metal tipped cleats, the turf would heat up the metal in the cleats and it would go all the way through the shank of the cleat into the bottom of your foot, and it would cause huge blisters. it sucked so majorly bad.

LOL!! You didnt have to run up and down that hill at lake at 5am did you? My apartment is right next to that lake and you guys got me up everymorning.. Smile
Where is lake, and i will tell you.