Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Why Do People Still Support Bush after all the screw ups?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please Leave Your Opionion of why they do....:confused:
Because they are stupid!
Because he is still the president of our country.

Do we have to agree with everything he does? No

Should we support our leaders, regardless of who they are? Absolutely
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Because he is still the president of our country.

Supporting your country, and supporting your leaders is something that should not be intertwined in all occasions. Yes he is our president still, but that doesn't mean we have to "support" the things he does. Every action he commits falls unto all the citizens of this country, he speaks for us all, and he has done a terrible job these last 8 years.

I believe people still support Bush because they agreed with a lot of his policies, tax cuts, the war, no child left behind, etc. Now that we know these policies are flawed, and have ultimately failed, admitting that one has lost support for him would be admitting that they where wrong, thats hard to do for a lot of people. Thats why I think a lot of people still support this idiot, they where so heavily in support of him, that they don't wont to come to grips with the lies and failures of this administration.

I will always support my country, but I don't always have to support the people who lead it, and im glad that as an American, I have the right to do this. Although some on the right may call it "treason" I just call it common sense.

I totaly agree!
sherman14 Wrote:I totaly agree!

Naaaa, dont agree. The United States is based on being a democracy. This would be a mad house if we were all programed to be little robots. In that case, what if the whole country of Germany followed and agreed with Hitler in the 40's just because Hitler was their leader. I do love my country and support the troops, lalalalalal and on and on and on, but I do not support our president or his actions and what he has done to our country. Thats just me and my opinion.

President Smesident! This guy sucks no matter how you slice it! Were you as supportive of Bill Clinton when he was under fire politically? Will you be as suppotive of whatever candidate achieves the office in November?

We don't HAVE to agree with ANYTHING he says!

We shall see if you practice what you preach FOX SPORTS!
DevilsWin Wrote:President Smesident! This guy sucks no matter how you slice it! Were you as supportive of Bill Clinton when he was under fire politically? Will you be as suppotive of whatever candidate achieves the office in November?

Wow!
Thanks for the personal callout!! I appreciate it.

Btw, if you'd read my post past your obviously biased opinion then you would see that I stated "Do we have to agree with everything he does? NO"

IMO, support and agreement are two different things.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Wow!
Thanks for the personal callout!! I appreciate it.

Btw, if you'd read my post past your obviously biased opinion then you would see that I stated "Do we have to agree with everything he does? NO"

IMO, support and agreement are two different things.

We shall see if the Hypocracy continues..

BTW as for the Personal callout. It was my pleaseure.:thumpsup:
BlueBells Wrote:Naaaa, dont agree. The United States is based on being a democracy. This would be a mad house if we were all programed to be little robots. In that case, what if the whole country of Germany followed and agreed with Hitler in the 40's just because Hitler was their leader. I do love my country and support the troops, lalalalalal and on and on and on, but I do not support our president or his actions and what he has done to our country. Thats just me and my opinion.

well sherman can't help it...he just agreed with him to make me mad...Rolleyes

what if our leader was a tyrant would you support him??? Absolutely! because your Opionion is flawed...also how acan we support a man who has put us Trillions of dollars in debt over this stupid war that's over nothing besides war another thing is he gave tax breaks to the rich during war which is a big NO-NO....
RammsteinFan92 Wrote:what if our leader was a tyrant would you support him??? Absolutely! because your Opionion is flawed...also how acan we support a man who has put us Trillions of dollars in debt over this stupid war that's over nothing besides war another thing is he gave tax breaks to the rich during war which is a big NO-NO....
I believe he would. Why are some people such sheep?
Is it possible to separate a person's opinions, his or her policies, from the worth and dignity of the person him or herself? I would hope so. I do not support this war, nor very many of this President's policies. However, to suggest he is vastly unintelligent and things of this nature only creates hostility and closes avenues of discussion and needful debate. And, I do not think it accurate to portray people who support this President as "sheep."
thecavemaster Wrote:Is it possible to separate a person's opinions, his or her policies, from the worth and dignity of the person him or herself? I would hope so. I do not support this war, nor very many of this President's policies. However, to suggest he is vastly unintelligent and things of this nature only creates hostility and closes avenues of discussion and needful debate. And, I do not think it accurate to portray people who support this President as "sheep."

idk why they would support them but i don't think their "sheep" that's their beliefs
Where is Ronald Reagen when you need him?
Panther Thunder Wrote:Where is Ronald Reagen when you need him?

why so he can lie to us and then forget about it...lol...i'm glad he's not here if he was this would already be closed..lol....Rolleyes
DevilsWin Wrote:President Smesident! This guy sucks no matter how you slice it! Were you as supportive of Bill Clinton when he was under fire politically? Will you be as suppotive of whatever candidate achieves the office in November?

LOL. I love it.Smile
thecavemaster Wrote:Is it possible to separate a person's opinions, his or her policies, from the worth and dignity of the person him or herself? I would hope so. I do not support this war, nor very many of this President's policies. However, to suggest he is vastly unintelligent and things of this nature only creates hostility and closes avenues of discussion and needful debate. And, I do not think it accurate to portray people who support this President as "sheep."
I respectfully disagree.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Where is Ronald Reagen when you need him?
4 real! I used to Dust that guy like a shelf!Smile
Richard Nixon! We need a Richard Nixon in the White House. And the Richard Nixons of the world are long gone. Now we are left with a bunch of wannabe politicians who cant balance their own checkbooks, let alone fix the friggin economy. Then they tell everybody what they want to hear, and most of us are immune to the bull**** fed to us everytime they get on television. Oh and by the way, to those politicians that care to get a vote, we know that your not gonna do **** with Kentucky, we already knew that, but my vote will go to whoever says theyll do away with the IRS, drop us from the laughable UN, and send a big fat FU to the Geneva Convention. Yeah we know Ron Paul ran with all of that, but seriously. And yes, we'll know its bull****, but if your gonna lie, at least make it an original (two points for RP). Hope those in Washington with a big pay raise are enjoying my wonderful big fat contribution to the United States Treasury. I am a republican. Tried and true, thick and thin. Any Richard Nixons out there, please run. Quickly.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Richard Nixon! We need a Richard Nixon in the White House. And the Richard Nixons of the world are long gone. Now we are left with a bunch of wannabe politicians who cant balance their own checkbooks, let alone fix the friggin economy. Then they tell everybody what they want to hear, and most of us are immune to the bull**** fed to us everytime they get on television. Oh and by the way, to those politicians that care to get a vote, we know that your not gonna do **** with Kentucky, we already knew that, but my vote will go to whoever says theyll do away with the IRS, drop us from the laughable UN, and send a big fat FU to the Geneva Convention. Yeah we know Ron Paul ran with all of that, but seriously. And yes, we'll know its bull****, but if your gonna lie, at least make it an original (two points for RP). Hope those in Washington with a big pay raise are enjoying my wonderful big fat contribution to the United States Treasury. I am a republican. Tried and true, thick and thin. Any Richard Nixons out there, please run. Quickly.
I admire your candor.:Clap: TongueirateSho :thumpsup:
Why thank you DW..:Thumbs: I just wonder, and I know this is a question asked eleventy billion times, but I wonder if you took away the party affiliation, how much different would it actually be? A lot of people (myself included) usually vote straight republican, although I did cast a vote for Perot (and I did not regret it, as I believe Perot would be a GREAT leader for our country), but I wonder how much different our nation would be? We all know it would be different, but its hard to fathom the scale..
DevilsWin Wrote:I admire your candor.:Clap: TongueirateSho :thumpsup:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Why thank you DW..:Thumbs: I just wonder, and I know this is a question asked eleventy billion times, but I wonder if you took away the party affiliation, how much different would it actually be? A lot of people (myself included) usually vote straight republican, although I did cast a vote for Perot (and I did not regret it, as I believe Perot would be a GREAT leader for our country), but I wonder how much different our nation would be? We all know it would be different, but its hard to fathom the scale..
I think it would be interesting for sure.
Lets see the man lead us through the darkest time in American history since the Civil War (9/11)[Even though the problems leading up to 9/11 were left to him from the previous president.]. He crushed a dictatorship goverment in Iraq and gave less fortunate indiviuals of the world a taste of democracy (Something we as Americans take for granted every second we live). Up untill 2006 consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high, gasoline prices were at $2.19 a gallon, and the unemployment was at 4.5%. Since that time (The same time we elected a Democratic Congress) consumer confidence has plummeted, gas has soared to well over $3.00 per gallon, unemployment is up 5%, American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate, Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars, 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

I assume this is all Bush's fault even though none of these problems existed before we changed majority in Congress. We as American's always look to push the blame on someone and unfortunatley, Bush is it.

George Bush will in time be regarded as one of the better leaders to come from the United States in recent times. The way the public has turned on him is very similar to the way the British turned on Winston Churchill. Churchill is regarded as one of the greatest leaders in recent British history, and in time the same will be said about Bush and America.
Super-Card Wrote:Lets see the man lead us through the darkest time in American history since the Civil War (9/11)[Even though the problems leading up to 9/11 were left to him from the previous president.]. He crushed a dictatorship goverment in Iraq and gave less fortunate indiviuals of the world a taste of democracy (Something we as Americans take for granted every second we live). Up untill 2006 consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high, gasoline prices were at $2.19 a gallon, and the unemployment was at 4.5%. Since that time (The same time we elected a Democratic Congress) consumer confidence has plummeted, gas has soared to well over $3.00 per gallon, unemployment is up 5%, American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate, Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars, 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

I assume this is all Bush's fault even though none of these problems existed before we changed majority in Congress. We as American's always look to push the blame on someone and unfortunatley, Bush is it.

George Bush will in time be regarded as one of the better leaders to come from the United States in recent times. The way the public has turned on him is very similar to the way the British turned on Winston Churchill. Churchill is regarded as one of the greatest leaders in recent British history, and in time the same will be said about Bush and America.
You seem to forget that more than half of the people in 2000 voted for Gore and nearly half some 49% voted for Kerry in 2004. Bush has always been a TARD and anyone that voted for him because of his, "Pro-Life Christian Conservative" values must feel like they got took for a fool at a carnival game.
Half of the country saw this "Joke of a President" for what he was before he was elected President. The rest of you had "Great Delusions of Granduer". What about all those social issues he was gonna change to bring America back into the fold of being a Christian Nation. If I were a Socially Conservative Republican I'd feel like I got took for a fool! But I'm not so I don't.
DevilsWin Wrote:I respectfully disagree.

With all...or part?
Super-Card Wrote:Lets see the man lead us through the darkest time in American history since the Civil War (9/11)[Even though the problems leading up to 9/11 were left to him from the previous president.]. He crushed a dictatorship goverment in Iraq and gave less fortunate indiviuals of the world a taste of democracy (Something we as Americans take for granted every second we live). Up untill 2006 consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high, gasoline prices were at $2.19 a gallon, and the unemployment was at 4.5%. Since that time (The same time we elected a Democratic Congress) consumer confidence has plummeted, gas has soared to well over $3.00 per gallon, unemployment is up 5%, American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate, Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars, 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

lol, thats one of the funniest post I've ever read on BGP.

You really got me when you said in time that he would be viewed as one of the better leaders we have ever had. Wow, thats just amazing stuff. A poll was recently done in which historians where asked to review this presidency, 98% of those polled viewed his presidency as a failure. 61% viewed his presidency as the worst in history, and another 31% put him in the bottom 10.

http://hnn.us/articles/48916.html

“As far as history goes and all of these quotes about people trying to guess what the history of the Bush administration is going to be, you know, I take great comfort in knowing that they don’t know what they are talking about, because history takes a long time for us to reach.”— George W. Bush, Fox News Sunday, Feb10, 2008"

Too bad for bush that only viewers of fox will believe this BS.

anyone who does a little research will find out why the historians view him this way, but it appears super card likes being spoon fed propaganda.

I believe most of the problems started before the change in congress. Lets not forget that for Bush's first 5 years, the white house was controlled by Republicans, and Bush didn't veto a single bill. Bush Tax cuts (which mostly went to the wealthy, Bush's tax's where cut 12%, and Cheney where cut by 18%), the war in Iraq (which all sane people know was fought on lies), and being in bed with oil and gas companies (Bush ran an oil company!) has lead this country into the place we are now. Those bills and tax cuts passed during his first term are just now starting to set in on the economy, and look where it has taken us. The democrats didnt get us into this mess, but they aren't doing much to get us out either. Which is why I have little faith in our political system.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:lol, thats one of the funniest post I've ever read on BGP.

You really got me when you said in time that he would be viewed as one of the better leaders we have ever had. Wow, thats just amazing stuff. A poll was recently done in which historians where asked to review this presidency, 98% of those polled viewed his presidency as a failure. 61% viewed his presidency as the worst in history, and another 31% put him in the bottom 10.

http://hnn.us/articles/48916.html

“As far as history goes and all of these quotes about people trying to guess what the history of the Bush administration is going to be, you know, I take great comfort in knowing that they don’t know what they are talking about, because history takes a long time for us to reach.”— George W. Bush, Fox News Sunday, Feb10, 2008"

Too bad for bush that only viewers of fox will believe this BS.

anyone who does a little research will find out why the historians view him this way, but it appears super card likes being spoon fed propaganda.

I believe most of the problems started before the change in congress. Lets not forget that for Bush's first 5 years, the white house was controlled by Republicans, and Bush didn't veto a single bill. Bush Tax cuts (which mostly went to the wealthy, Bush's tax's where cut 12%, and Cheney where cut by 18%), the war in Iraq (which all sane people know was fought on lies), and being in bed with oil and gas companies (Bush ran an oil company!) has lead this country into the place we are now. Those bills and tax cuts passed during his first term are just now starting to set in on the economy, and look where it has taken us. The democrats didnt get us into this mess, but they aren't doing much to get us out either. Which is why I have little faith in our political system.

For starters you did not and will not read that post on BGP so there is strike one.

The statment about the War in Iraq being fought on lies is total Democratic Horse ****. I guess the people of Iraq don't deserve the freedoms and liberties that we Americans have? I guess the USA should be ok with nations that harbor and support terrorists. Because that is the way that Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and the other founding fathers fealt. Please!!!!!!!

As far as being spoon fed propoganda, every American is spoon fed propoganda every day. News shows only show the negative aspects of things because those are the stories that increase ratings.

As far as the economy goes I guess it is Bush's fault that Hilliary Clinton took over 10 million dollars from the national budget to build a Woodstock Memorial Museum. She did not recieve the money untill the Demorcats had majority, but we can pin that on Bush I guess. I'm not saying Bush's hands are totally clean, no politicans are, but I am saying that he is having to shoulder the blame alone when he had plenty of help getting America where it is today.
DevilsWin Wrote:You seem to forget that more than half of the people in 2000 voted for Gore and nearly half some 49% voted for Kerry in 2004. Bush has always been a TARD and anyone that voted for him because of his, "Pro-Life Christian Conservative" values must feel like they got took for a fool at a carnival game.
Half of the country saw this "Joke of a President" for what he was before he was elected President. The rest of you had "Great Delusions of Granduer". What about all those social issues he was gonna change to bring America back into the fold of being a Christian Nation. If I were a Socially Conservative Republican I'd feel like I got took for a fool! But I'm not so I don't.

How do you know how people feel if they were Socially Conservative Republicans that voted for Bush and your not one? You have no reason to assume you know how they feel, espically as a whole.
This whole thread has turned into a degradation of people who dare to disagree with the democrats who are spouting some of this nonsense. Do I agree with everything Bush has done? NO! Do I think that things could be better? YES! Do I think that it is ALL Bush's fault and none of the blame should be placed on the democratic congress of the past several years? ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I still support Bush because I believe in the overall purpose behind the decisions he has made... it doesn't mean I would have chosen the same road to get there.... As for tax cuts to the RICH... can you people not work a basic math problem? Everyone was given a percentage, across the board, tax break. For example, someone who makes ten thousand dollars a year was given a ten percent tax break... amounting to $1000. People who make 100,000 dollars a year were given a ten percent break, amounting to $10,000. THIS IS MATH, not some conspiracy for the rich to get richer as you present it! Someone who makes a quarter mil a year WILL SAVE MORE when taxes are cut! BE LOGICAL!

Come November, you won't have to deal with it anymore... hopefully, we won't have to deal with more years of Hillary Clinton either!

AND, before you come out and start calling me stupid, dumb, retarded, etc. for speaking my opinion, please know that I am none of the above. Someone asked a basic question and, if you can't read responses without attacking someone, I suggest you find somewhere else to spend your time.