Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Leaving Iraq Is Not Surrender
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can an army surrender in a war that the Commander in Chief (on the deck of an aircraft carrier) said we won? If "victory" can only be declared when American soldiers stop dying, we will be in Iraq as long as sand is in the desert.
thecavemaster Wrote:How can an army surrender in a war that the Commander in Chief (on the deck of an aircraft carrier) said we won? If "victory" can only be declared when American soldiers stop dying, we will be in Iraq as long as sand is in the desert.
You are right, leaving Iraq is not surrendering, but leaving Iraq would be a very bad idea. If we leave the country in an unstable condition and a terror group or dictator such a Saddam can come to power, the world will be back to were it started in 2003 and all the lives that have been lost will be for nothing. It is my belief that this war is making the world safer and we need to stay there as long as it takes, while still requiring Iraqis to take more and more control -- a place where they are making great strides.

"Victory" was achieved in 2003 when conventional war against the Saddam's Regime. The battle that is still being fought is against guerrilla insurgents in the War on Terror.
thecavemaster Wrote:How can an army surrender in a war that the Commander in Chief (on the deck of an aircraft carrier) said we won? If "victory" can only be declared when American soldiers stop dying, we will be in Iraq as long as sand is in the desert.

i agree and BUSH MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACH LOOKING FORWARD TO JAN.20 MORE AND MORE:mad:
Beef Wrote:You are right, leaving Iraq is not surrendering, but leaving Iraq would be a very bad idea. If we leave the country in an unstable condition and a terror group or dictator such a Saddam can come to power, the world will be back to were it started in 2003 and all the lives that have been lost will be for nothing. It is my belief that this war is making the world safer and we need to stay there as long as it takes, while still requiring Iraqis to take more and more control -- a place where they are making great strides.

"Victory" was achieved in 2003 when conventional war against the Saddam's Regime. The battle that is still being fought is against guerrilla insurgents in the War on Terror.

Couldn't it be just as easily argued that if we left an irritant would be removed and a peaceable leader might emerge to unite factions? In the end, you are guessing and the above scenario is guessing. Guessers in high places cost mothers and fathers their sons and daughters, children their parents, wives and husbands their spouses.
I think we need to leave. But do it in a way that would help them and keep them safe as well. I know they can't just pack up and leave all at the same time. But have they even started to bring people home? No. I have 3 friends in the military and all of them were told that they will be in Iraq at least 3 times at the least before they can retire.
Well I guess we shouldn't even have a military if everyone is going to whine and cry about people dying in war. That's what happens. People die.
vundy33 Wrote:Well I guess we shouldn't even have a military if everyone is going to whine and cry about people dying in war. That's what happens. People die.
War must be Just! This one in Iraq is not!

If you think we should only pull out when "peace" is achieved I got something for you to ponder.

Why hasn't Israel been able to achieve peace with the Palestinian Authority?

I'll tell you why.
Because as long as there is a conflict between Western Ideals and Muslim Ideals parents of Arabs persecuted by the Israelis will teach their childeren to hate and make war. So, should we continue fighting until one of our peoples have all but disappeared?
Shia Muslims will be dead set on killing Americans as long as we continue to make mistakes and kill civilians in Their Land. The Air Force has done a terrible job when it comes to strategically dropping bombs. They were admonished just last week for doing a terrible job. I know and understand the issues involved in bombing. Sometimes a group of foot soldiers don't have time to wait on a Laser Guided bomb and in that instance we have to take what we can get in the shortest amount of time.
I understand this. But!
It will never end as long as we are there. No matter how many we kill there will be more behind them.
Just as the problems in the West Bank will never end as long as the Israeli occupation continues.
The sooner some of you flag waving war mongers realize that, the sooner America can get itself back on track to being a world leader of positive change rather than the world leader in bombing civilians.
vundy33 Wrote:Well I guess we shouldn't even have a military if everyone is going to whine and cry about people dying in war. That's what happens. People die.
Why do we have to be the ones doing the killing Vundy33?
Beef Wrote:You are right, leaving Iraq is not surrendering, but leaving Iraq would be a very bad idea. If we leave the country in an unstable condition and a terror group or dictator such a Saddam can come to power, the world will be back to were it started in 2003 and all the lives that have been lost will be for nothing. It is my belief that this war is making the world safer and we need to stay there as long as it takes, while still requiring Iraqis to take more and more control -- a place where they are making great strides.

Apparently you have not paid attention the the National Intelligence Estimates over the past several years. This war has created MORE Terrorists! Don't be such a TARD! You're smarter than that?
DevilsWin Wrote:Why do we have to be the ones doing the killing Vundy33?

No one else will.