Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who is Johnson Central's Shawn Grimm Gonna Sign With?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know?
Grimm signed to play baseball with U OF L .
wrong grim....and no he didnt...that grimm has signed with no one...
I'd expect him to be wearing black and orange next year, or blue and yellow, if he plays college football at all. Not everyone who was a great HS athlete is cut out for college sports. Not all of them WANT to be in college sports.

I know for me, sports in HS was a game. Something to enjoy and have fun. Winning was something to strive for, but it wasn't everything. Football was FUN. In college, sports is LIFE. You practice so much trying to stay competitive that most of the fun is taken out of the game.

Not every HS athlete is cut out for having something fun turned into a job.
Thats not true......I played college ball and I loved it. It was MORE FUN then High School. I wish I still could play today.
I agree it is more of a job in college, but it is still football. The fun, for me, never left when I went to college. You still get the that unbelievable feeling when you are getting ready to play on Saturday afternoon's.
I heard he was going to walk on at Marshall.
Sarrr Wrote:I'd expect him to be wearing black and orange next year, or blue and yellow, if he plays college football at all. Not everyone who was a great HS athlete is cut out for college sports. Not all of them WANT to be in college sports.

I know for me, sports in HS was a game. Something to enjoy and have fun. Winning was something to strive for, but it wasn't everything. Football was FUN. In college, sports is LIFE. You practice so much trying to stay competitive that most of the fun is taken out of the game.

Not every HS athlete is cut out for having something fun turned into a job.

That is completely untrue. It is only a job if you make it a job. College sports can be the highlight of your life if you make it that way. Not too many get the chance to play college sports, and it is a shame to see some kids take it for granted the way they do. College athletics is a opportunity to not only get your education paid for, but to get some nationwide recgonition that you would otherwise not get. If he has a chance to go, he needs to go, because you have the rest of your life to work, but you only have a select few years to play college sports.
This is about Grim... Not about the change from high school to college for you guys.
I know Pikeville,Union, and Cumberlands where all looking at him