Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard-20 vs Riverside Christian-0 (14th Region All "A")
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Isn't it about time that Riverside hang it up, or maybe consolidate with someone. i know they are a christain school and they can't with a public school, but come on this is almost as bad as Piarist in basketball, and i don't even think Piarist has a baseball team. Maybe Riverside should just pick one sport to play and that should be it.
Maybe it isn't all about winning. Maybe those Riverside boys just love baseball and enjoy being a team and being together and going out and trying. Didn't someone once say "It is better to have played and lost than to have never played at all"?
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Maybe it isn't all about winning. Maybe those Riverside boys just love baseball and enjoy being a team and being together and going out and trying. Didn't someone once say "It is better to have played and lost than to have never played at all"?

If they do not play to win then why play in a touny like the All- A. I understand that maybe we have gotten away from the love of the game and turned it into a job, which is sad, but take it from me, I played college baseball it will only get worse.

Also I love quotes so i will answer your quote with another.

" If you do not play to win then why keep score? "
Bosox Fan Wrote:If they do not play to win then why play in a touny like the All- A. I understand that maybe we have gotten away from the love of the game and turned it into a job, which is sad, but take it from me, I played college baseball it will only get worse.

Also I love quotes so i will answer your quote with another.

" If you do not play to win then why keep score? "

"So the other team, who is playing to win, will know when they have won." Big Grin
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Maybe it isn't all about winning. Maybe those Riverside boys just love baseball and enjoy being a team and being together and going out and trying. Didn't someone once say "It is better to have played and lost than to have never played at all"?

Well whomever said that wasn't getting beat by 20 runs! Everybody wants to win, that's apart of it. How unbelievablly frustrating it would be to get beat that bad almost every time you go out on the field. That's no love for the game, that's torture. There is no since in other teams even playing them because they will not get any better from it. It's just rediculus all around.
I'm sure Hazard could have beaten them alot worse. You're right, there's not much good that can come from a game like this. Unfortunately, teams in their district and "A" teams in the region are required to play them. There few teams that they could compete against. I think they need to drop out of District until/if they become more competitive. Those kids from Riverside may love the game now, but to be embarrassed, demoralized, and beaten so badly game after game might change their minds.
Congrats Hazard
mandan Wrote:I'm sure Hazard could have beaten them alot worse. You're right, there's not much good that can come from a game like this. Unfortunately, teams in their district and "A" teams in the region are required to play them. There few teams that they could compete against. I think they need to drop out of District until/if they become more competitive. Those kids from Riverside may love the game now, but to be embarrassed, demoralized, and beaten so badly game after game might change their minds.

Here's an idea. If it's truly for the love of the game, then just let them split up and play an intersquad schedule for a few years until they can actually compete. For them to be a required game someone has to play is rediculus. All it does is give a bigger chance for somebody to get hurt in a game that makes no difference and in a game they are getting no better in. They would be better off forfeiting and just having practice.
Congrats DAWGS!!!!