Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill Co. vs. Powell Co. - "Under The Lights"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Estill and Powell in a big district game tonight under the lights. From what I've heard, it's Estill's first night game since they put in lights. Who wins?
Estill 1
Powell 0

Good baseball game... Freeman gave up one bunt single; Brewer gave up only three hits... only run scored in the 1st inning on a bases loaded walk.
any updates
Great game! If Powell don't start hitting I don't think they will have a shot come tournament time.
Great performances on the mound for Freeman and Brewer.
Great district game. Wish there could've been more hitting on both teams. But I guess this is what you get when you face good pitching. I can't wait to see what happens the next time these two face off. Should be another good game.
Freeman was dominant on the mound all night racking up 11 K's and allowing only a bunt single. Estill's defense was also solid. Brewer threw well but had command problems early.
A lot of it was the kids just aren't used to hitting under the lights. Everything looks a lot different coming in and it takes several games to adjust to playing games in the dark. And since this is not done a lot, there are not usually a lot of hits in these games. Pitching was great though, but probably would of been a lot more hits in the daylight hours.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:A lot of it was the kids just aren't used to hitting under the lights. Everything looks a lot different coming in and it takes several games to adjust to playing games in the dark. And since this is not done a lot, there are not usually a lot of hits in these games. Pitching was great though, but probably would of been a lot more hits in the daylight hours.

Just about every game that I have seen this year has been under the lights. Most high schools have lights and if they played away games they probably played under them at one point. I can't see this being an excuse for no hitting.
There was plenty of contact, just not alot of base hits. More walks than hits on both sides. Guaranteed there will be plenty more in a few weeks when they square off against each other in Stanton.
Godspeed Wrote:There was plenty of contact, just not alot of base hits. More walks than hits on both sides. Guaranteed there will be plenty more in a few weeks when they square off against each other in Stanton.

Why will there be more? Does Stanton have a hitting park?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Why will there be more? Does Stanton have a hitting park?

No, but they will be hit a lot better.
bluegrassballa Wrote:No, but they will be hit a lot better.

Oh I didn't know if you had a reason they would hit better, or were you just saying that?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Oh I didn't know if you had a reason they would hit better, or were you just saying that?

Nah, I'm just saying it. But I'm sure that Coach Varney will try and work on their hitting.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Nah, I'm just saying it. But I'm sure that Coach Varney will try and work on their hitting.

HaHa! Yea I would hope so.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:HaHa! Yea I would hope so.

You and me both, lol.