Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike County Teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[color=darkblue][/color

How well do you think these programs will do next year East Ridge, Belfry, Pike Cantral,Shelby Valley,Pikeville and Phelps
East Ridge, same as they have been
Belfry,wins region and possibly state,not likley, but have to wait and see
Pike Central, a little bit of improvment, not much
Shelby Valley, district maybe?
Pikeville, wins region again more than likley
Phelps, same as they have been

Of course these are just opnions, know one knows for sure.... only time will tell
Belfry, might win region, depends on pburg.
ER, i dont really know their team all too good, we'll see about them
Pikeville, win region
Valley and Central, both improving but not enough to knock off the best two teams in their district. It will be years before it'll happen.
Phelps, ummm...i dont really know thier team either.
i believe that East Ridge will improve. ME being a player at the ridge i think we are developing very well with Coach Ratliff and Coach Osborne. 8) Idea 8)
has anyone heard anything about who phelps new coach is and were he came from. is he any good
I will rank the programs and give my opinion of them:

1.Belfry-Will compete for a region and state title, best program in AA right now statewide but will not dominate Pikeville anymore...BTW, BEATIFUL new athletic complex and they deserved it.
2.Pikeville-Will compete for a regional title....will improve a lot over the next few years with the addition of Coach Jackson. Will be back in Louisville within the next 3-5 years

3.Shelby Valley-Will make the playoffs this year and will get a lot better in the upcoming years...Pike Countys next powerhouse in a few years

4.PCC-May make the playoffs but will get pounded in 1st round. The addition of Caoch Mac is good from them but he will have the opportunity to come watch his old team in the playoffs most years
5.ER-Could be good in the future but as of right now that future looks to be a long way off

6.Phelps-I feel sorry for the Hornets
belfry will be down but hey its still belfry so never look down upon them

pikeville has a ton of returning talent should contend to the run up on beechwood

valley most young talent comin up imo should be a powerhouse shortly

pcc vertually no talent coming up unless i have missed somen

east ridge decent talent and two good coaches should compete

phelps ?
1. Belfry - The Offensive & Defensive line will be returning from last season. There will be 2 talented QB's - Devin Kohari and Nick Bowe ( transfer from P'Burg). Belfry may stumble in the PCB, but look for them to get better each week....then who knows. Record (8-2)

2. Pikeville - Very competitive team, I am afraid the lack of tough non-district opponents will hurt them in the playoffs, much like last season. Record (7-3)

3. Shelby Valley - New coaching staff, Hillard will work his magic in Virgie...Playoff team for sure if all the cards fall into place. Record (6-4)

4. East Ridge - Warriors continue to improve. Record (5-5)

5. Pike Central - McNamee back in Blue & Orange again....Hawks rebuilding. Record (4-6)

6. Phelps - Good Luck. Record (?)

* All records are my regular season predictions only...
Who do you think Valley will lose to this upcoming season?
kyfootballfan Wrote:Who do you think Valley will lose to this upcoming season?

Here is my opinion.......

Aug 12, '05 Hazard - Win
Aug 19, '05 East Ridge (PCB) - Win

Aug 26, '05 @ South Floyd - Win
Sep 2, '05 Grundy, VA - Loss
Sep 9, '05 OPEN
Sep 16, '05 @ Pike County Central - Win
Sep 23, '05 @ Breathitt County - Loss
Sep 30, '05 Letcher County Central - Win
Oct 7, '05 Sheldon Clark - Win
Oct 14, '05 @ Magoffin County - Win
Oct 21, '05 @ Prestonsburg - Loss
Oct 28, '05 @ Belfry - Loss
BelfryPride Wrote:2. Pikeville - Very competitive team, I am afraid the lack of tough non-district opponents will hurt them in the playoffs, much like last season. Record (7-3)

You don't consider Newport Central Catholic, Corbin, Prestonsburg, and Belfry tough non-district opponents for a Class A school? I asume you are taling about Pikeville's district oppontnets. Pikeville's district has hurt them for years in the playoffs but there is nothing they can do about it but hope the teams get tougher.
PHSFAN Wrote:
BelfryPride Wrote:2. Pikeville - Very competitive team, I am afraid the lack of tough non-district opponents will hurt them in the playoffs, much like last season. Record (7-3)

You don't consider Newport Central Catholic, Corbin, Prestonsburg, and Belfry tough non-district opponents for a Class A school? I asume you are taling about Pikeville's district oppontnets. Pikeville's district has hurt them for years in the playoffs but there is nothing they can do about it but hope the teams get tougher.

Yeah, I meant the District Competition....My bad. 8)