Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 12 - Pikeville 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from the Championship of the 15th Region All A Classic.
Great day for the Tigers! Dillon Brown had an Inside the Park HR in the first game and then capped off the night with a 2 run shot to left center in the second game. The whole Tiger team stroked the ball well today. One more win! Good luck Tigers.
Wow! There is really no competition in the 15th for Paintsville as far as the All "A" goes. They should win this by mercy rule every game.
Every single game in the Tourney was won by mercy rule.
OffTheHook Wrote:Every single game in the Tourney was won by mercy rule.

That doesn't surprise me. Paintsville is just on another league than every other All "A" school.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:That doesn't surprise me. Paintsville is just on another league than every other All "A" school.

No, I mean EVERY single game in the Tourney (ALL 5), were Mercy Games.
OffTheHook Wrote:No, I mean EVERY single game in the Tourney (ALL 5), were Mercy Games.

Yea I know what you meant I was just making the statement that Paintsville was on another level than everyone else.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Yea I know what you meant I was just making the statement that Paintsville was on another level than everyone else.

Oh ok sorry. Thought you mis-understood me.
OffTheHook Wrote:Oh ok sorry. Thought you mis-understood me.

Nahh!
Congrats Tigers! This year the Tigers have a very good team and should be a regional favorite. So with that said, being the All A favorite isn't that big a deal. Hopefully we can have some good games at the state level.
OffTheHook Wrote:No, I mean EVERY single game in the Tourney (ALL 5), were Mercy Games.
Not Pikeville-AC. It went all 7. Pikeville just happened to win by 10.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Not Pikeville-AC. It went all 7. Pikeville just happened to win by 10.

Might as well been a mercy rule
I think Paintsville has to play the winner of Rose Hill vs Bath County if im not mistaken
so who and all did paintsville pitch?
I think Grimm started then Lyons closed, I missed it since I was out of town. Congrats to Paintsville though on their victory and best of luck in against the 16th.

However, I do have a question about the bracket. Pikeville played on Wednesday and then Paintsville did on Thursday. Usually the team from Wednesday will play the first game Friday and then the Thursday winners will play the second game Friday. However, Paintsville was going to play the first game Friday and then the Wednesday winners play the second game. It was postponed, but shouldn't the Tigers have played the first game Saturday afternoon instead of the bracket switching and making Pikeville play the first game and sit all afternoon at the field before the championship? I'm sure there was a reason for the bracket switching like this...if anyone can clear this up for me it'd be appreciated. Thanks.
IRISH4 Wrote:I think Grimm started then Lyons closed, I missed it since I was out of town. Congrats to Paintsville though on their victory and best of luck in against the 16th.

However, I do have a question about the bracket. Pikeville played on Wednesday and then Paintsville did on Thursday. Usually the team from Wednesday will play the first game Friday and then the Thursday winners will play the second game Friday. However, Paintsville was going to play the first game Friday and then the Wednesday winners play the second game. It was postponed, but shouldn't the Tigers have played the first game Saturday afternoon instead of the bracket switching and making Pikeville play the first game and sit all afternoon at the field before the championship? I'm sure there was a reason for the bracket switching like this...if anyone can clear this up for me it'd be appreciated. Thanks.
I'm not sure, nor do I have any idea, but the only reason I could see would be what you have already answered.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I'm not sure, nor do I have any idea, but the only reason I could see would be what you have already answered.

I don't really see the big deal; they had a couple of hours to eat and rest. I got there at about 2:30 and the Paintsville game was just beginning. The Paintsville - Pikeville game started before 6:30. That's not really "sitting all afternoon". I'm just guessing, but if it had been the other way around, Pikeville would have complained about not having enough time between games. Can't please everyone. And, with the score the way it was, did it really matter?
BballFan63 Wrote:I don't really see the big deal; they had a couple of hours to eat and rest. I got there at about 2:30 and the Paintsville game was just beginning. The Paintsville - Pikeville game started before 6:30. That's not really "sitting all afternoon". I'm just guessing, but if it had been the other way around, Pikeville would have complained about not having enough time between games. Can't please everyone. And, with the score the way it was, did it really matter?

The none of any of this matters. If you want to look at everything, the Tigers were at the field that morning before 8:00 am working on the field to get it ready to play on. The Tigers also played back to back. So like you said from the score it didn't matter.
OffTheHook Wrote:The none of any of this matters. If you want to look at everything, the Tigers were at the field that morning before 8:00 am working on the field to get it ready to play on. The Tigers also played back to back. So like you said from the score it didn't matter.

Yea, none of it really matters