Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 10 - Doss 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prestonsburg defeats Louisville Doss 10-9 in 9 innings. Bases were loaded for Prestonsburg when Allen Craynon was hit by a pitch which sent in the winning run.

Congrats Blackcats!
nice win for the Blackcats...who pitched...and any stats???
baseballfan606 Wrote:nice win for the Blackcats...who pitched...and any stats???

Josh Rodebaugh pitched for Prestonsburg, I don't have any stats.
thanks .. Big Grin
blackcat_student Wrote:Prestonsburg defeats Louisville Doss 10-9 in 9 innings. Bases were loaded for Prestonsburg when Allen Craynon was hit by a pitch which sent in the winning run.

Congrats Blackcats!

Just to clarify the game was won in the bottom of the 7th.....pburg was down 7-0 to start the 3rd and battled back to win it....Doss killed themselves as did Pburg a few times
turismo3088 Wrote:Just to clarify the game was won in the bottom of the 7th.....pburg was down 7-0 to start the 3rd and battled back to win it....Doss killed themselves as did Pburg a few times

I was told by someone that was there, that the game was won in the 9th... But I believe you.
blackcat_student Wrote:I was told by someone that was there, that the game was won in the 9th... But I believe you.

I was there too not sure where they got 9th from??... Anyways, It looked really dire in the 3rd, but pburg made enough hits and plays, and Doss made just enough mistakes to pull it out

Ive been to most of the games this year, Pburg has alot of upside, mental mistakes and fielding errors have dogged them in a couple of games this year..
This is one of the better pburg ball clubs in recent years,..Coach Shepherd (spelling?) has helped them alot this year....Mainly being disciplined.
turismo3088 Wrote:I was there too not sure where they got 9th from??... Anyways, It looked really dire in the 3rd, but pburg made enough hits and plays, and Doss made just enough mistakes to pull it out

Ive been to most of the games this year, Pburg has alot of upside, mental mistakes and fielding errors have dogged them in a couple of games this year..
This is one of the better pburg ball clubs in recent years,..Coach Shepherd (spelling?) has helped them alot this year....Mainly being disciplined.

I agree, this is one of the better Prestonsburg teams I've seen. Coach Shepherd does bring alot of discipline to this team, which was needed.

But as some don't notice, when discipline is brought to a sport at Prestonsburg, they're usually going to be a good at that specific sport (i.e. Football). Thats why I think that the boys basketball program will get to where everyone wants it, because Jack Pack teaches discipline.
The Blackcats played with alot of heart in this game. They got down 7-0 early in the 2nd inning but slowly worked their way back into the game and pulled out the win in the bottom of the 7th. Congrats Blackcats!!