Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky/ Tennesse All-Star Game 2005
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the game being two days away, what are your thoughts on the up coming game? And can anyone tell me if it will be televised, if so, what time and what station?

I think the Big Blue will beat the Orange this year, there defensive line is outstanding, and everything else seems to be pretty solid about them in every aspect, but we'll just have to wait and see.....

O one more thing, how many of the players on the roster are going to college to play? and what college if you know?
Just about all of them are going somewhere. Off the top of my head.

Curtis Pulley, Corey Goodsen, David Jones, Alfonso Smith & Jordan Nevels - UK

JaJuan Spillman, Lamar Alston, Earl Heyman, Blake Boyd, & Maurice Grinter - UofL

Kelvin Turner - Marshall

Mike Mitchell & Lee Renfro - Ohio University

Brandon Smith - Western Kentucky

James McKinney, Brandon Logan, & Cory Zirbel - Michigan

Shawn Robbins - Texas Southern

Josh Gross & Dustin Menetrey - Georgetown
Sound like ky is overloaded with RB's lol..
Yea, i still say they could have used Doug Howard though lol
Kentucky 41 Tennessee 27
4 in a row!
Jones ran a KO back for 99 yards and recieved MVP of the game! Congrats to him
and the 2005 KY All Star Team
Jones really deserved the mvp, he had a heck of a game. That was the first time I have seen him play in person, and I was really impressed, and he will make UK a great ball player for the next four years.
Belfry's David Jones was phenominal in Kentucky's 4th straight win over the Vols, he provided the game-winning runback, Jones also had an interception, a pass breakup, fumble recovery and touchdown saving tackle.

There was no doubt that his return sealed the game for the boys in Blue.......He really should have gotten the nod for the MVP.

I cant wait to see Jones & Pulley in a UK uniform this fall...... 8) :!: :?:
Think he'll start for UK?
Not this year.

But I can see it soon.
I hope Jones gets a chance to start........
I think he will get a shot at least at returning kicks, with his speed, you need him on the field.
LC99 Wrote:I think he will get a shot at least at returning kicks, with his speed, you need him on the field.

I would almost bet he will see action on kick returns and maybe punt returns, too.

Congrats David, you played a helluva game down there this past weekend. I was sitting beside Doug Howard at the game and when you returned the kickoff for a TD NOBODY in the stands was screaming louder than him. We were both proud to see you play so well. 8)