Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: As of now, Rank the 15th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So what do you all think is the current top 10 in the region?
1)Lawrence County
2)Paintsville
3)Johnson Central
4)Belfry
5)Pikeville
6)Prestonsburg
7)Pike Central
8)Magoffin County
9)Sheldon Clark
10)Allen Central
blackcat_student Wrote:1)Lawrence County
2)Paintsville
3)Johnson Central
4)Belfry
5)Pikeville
6)Prestonsburg
7)Pike Central
8)Magoffin County
9)Sheldon Clark
10)Allen Central

I think you are dead on with the top 6. However, I think that Sheldon Clark is better than Magoffin could be better than Pike Central.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think you are dead on with the top 6. However, I think that Sheldon Clark is better than Magoffin could be better than Pike Central.

IMO, 7-10 are the bi-polar teams. Those teams will be very dangerous come tourny time.
1)Paintsville
2)Lawrence County
3)Johnson Central
4)Belfry
5)Pikeville
6)Pike Central
7)P-Burg
8)Magoffin County
9)Sheldon Clark
10)Allen Central
Paintsville is the best in 15th, get real Lawrence Co best ace is a freshman, they will have trouble hitting Shane Grimm
Get Real Thuglife.....That Freshman just beat over the weekend well shutdown over the weekend, #18 Louisville Trinity- 1 run on 5 hits
The Dawgs having trouble with Grimm, haha GET REAL THUGLIFE
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:Paintsville is the best in 15th, get real Lawrence Co best ace is a freshman, they will have trouble hitting Shane Grimm

lol that lil "FRESHMAN" is the 2nd best pitcher in the region, possibly better than grimm.
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:Paintsville is the best in 15th, get real Lawrence Co best ace is a freshman, they will have trouble hitting Shane Grimm
and a pretty dang good one at that. Lol and how many aces do teams have? Or that was redundunt, Saying he is the best and the ace.
lc has a handfull of aces lol...they have a very tough pitching all together to
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:1)Paintsville
2)Lawrence County
3)Johnson Central
4)Belfry
5)Pikeville
6)Pike Central
7)P-Burg
8)Magoffin County
9)Sheldon Clark
10)Allen Central
I agree with this
Mr.3000 Wrote:I agree with this

Thanks Mr.3000, and good for that frashman. If u keep the ball low in the strike-zone, and ur Infield makes plays anyone is capible of beating Louisville Trinity
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:Thanks Mr.3000, and good for that frashman. If u keep the ball low in the strike-zone, and ur Infield makes plays anyone is capible of beating Louisville Trinity
Easier said, than done my friend.
High_Heat Wrote:lol that lil "FRESHMAN" is the 2nd best pitcher in the region, possibly better than grimm.

Grimm is a southpaw that throws 85-87, and has wonderful stuff thats tough for anyone handle. With the hitters Paintsville has, they hit for hours on him
I'll have to disagree. Paintsville hasn't been swinging the best bats lately, so I'll have to disagree with your statement that "they hit for hours on him..". When these 2 do match up though, it should be a great game, and I highly doubt that either team will "hit for hours" off of either pitcher.
Pupaw Wrote:I'll have to disagree. Paintsville hasn't been swinging the best bats lately, so I'll have to disagree with your statement that "they hit for hours on him..". When these 2 do match up though, it should be a great game, and I highly doubt that either team will "hit for hours" off of either pitcher.

In the 1st couple games that didnt hit the ball that well, but if they got in there and swung the bat like they did against Pikeville they'll be tough to handle. But i must say Lawrence County is pretty good I just Paintsville is just 1-2 run better team than Lawrence Co. Beacuse they have more depth in pitching
At this time there is no way i would put Paintsville in front of Lawrence Co.
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:In the 1st couple games that didnt hit the ball that well, but if they got in there and swung the bat like they did against Pikeville they'll be tough to handle. But i must say Lawrence County is pretty good I just Paintsville is just 1-2 run better team than Lawrence Co. Beacuse they have more depth in pitching
1. Pikeville doesn't have anyone who throws hard enough for it to sting when it hits you. 2. In one game you could have all the depth in the world, but you can only sen one guy to the mound at a time.
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:In the 1st couple games that didnt hit the ball that well, but if they got in there and swung the bat like they did against Pikeville they'll be tough to handle. But i must say Lawrence County is pretty good I just Paintsville is just 1-2 run better team than Lawrence Co. Beacuse they have more depth in pitching
You are either a player or have no clue about baseball at all. You are excited because Paintsville beat some 15th region teams in the all "A"? Lawrence beat a legit year in year out state contender in Trinity. Paintsville couldnt stay on the same field as a Trinity or a Franklin Co. Easy schedules are what kills Paintsville come playoff time.
Lawrence is ranked 16th in the state for a reason. All five seniors have committed to a college. How many does your beloved Paintsville have?
And the thing is, I have nothing against Paintsville. I just get tired of people like you thinking the sun rises and sets on Johnson Co.
Right now in my opinion Lawrence Co. is the best but at any point and time Paintsville is capable of going crazy and really playing some good baseball.
Triple Crown Wrote:You are either a player or have no clue about baseball at all. You are excited because Paintsville beat some 15th region teams in the all "A"? Lawrence beat a legit year in year out state contender in Trinity. Paintsville couldnt stay on the same field as a Trinity or a Franklin Co. Easy schedules are what kills Paintsville come playoff time.
Lawrence is ranked 16th in the state for a reason. All five seniors have committed to a college. How many does your beloved Paintsville have?
And the thing is, I have nothing against Paintsville. I just get tired of people like you thinking the sun rises and sets on Johnson Co.
And you may not know as much as what you think you do either. lol .... Any time a 15th region team can beat Trinity, that is a good win. Trinity has had some pretty decent teams the last few years, but they are never considered to be a state contender. The only time recently that they have had a chance at being in the mix for a state title was in 2004. Some good teams yes, state contenders, never. Some Louisville teams have a way of being hyped up to be better than what they actually are. Just because they are from Louisville does not mean they are all that great. IMO, the win over Cabel-Midland was by far a greater accomplishment for Lawrence Co. Paintsville is very capable of puttin an "L" on either Trinity or Franklin as well, so you are not correct on that statement at all. I will however agree that a strong regular season schedule will help trememdously come tournament time.

Glad to see Lawrence have a good state ranking, because it certainly helps the image of the 15th region, but in reality the KHSBCA polls are about as big of a joke and about as far out of wack as anything that gets published. I wouldn't gloat so much about any ranking you might receive in that piece of garbage. All this in mind however, I still think that Lawrence, if the cards fall correctly, can have a shot at a final 4 appearance this year. The semi-state and Applebees draw helps the 15th region's chances tremendously this year.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:And you may not know as much as what you think you do either. lol .... Any time a 15th region team can beat Trinity, that is a good win. Trinity has had some pretty decent teams the last few years, but they are never considered to be a state contender. The only time recently that they have had a chance at being in the mix for a state title was in 2004. Some good teams yes, state contenders, never. Some Louisville teams have a way of being hyped up to be better than what they actually are. Just because they are from Louisville does not mean they are all that great. IMO, the win over Cabel-Midland was by far a greater accomplishment for Lawrence Co. Paintsville is very capable of puttin an "L" on either Trinity or Franklin as well, so you are not correct on that statement at all. I will however agree that a strong regular season schedule will help trememdously come tournament time.

Glad to see Lawrence have a good state ranking, because it certainly helps the image of the 15th region, but in reality the KHSBCA polls are about as big of a joke and about as far out of wack as anything that gets published. I wouldn't gloat so much about any ranking you might receive in that piece of garbage. All this in mind however, I still think that Lawrence, if the cards fall correctly, can have a shot at a final 4 appearance this year. The semi-state and Applebees draw helps the 15th region's chances tremendously this year.

I am going to have to agree with you on the coaches poll. It is mainly a popularity contest and there is not much credibility on it except for maybe the top 5 teams.
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:Thanks Mr.3000, and good for that frashman. If u keep the ball low in the strike-zone, and ur Infield makes plays anyone is capible of beating Louisville Trinity

LOL :lmao:
Triple Crown Wrote:You are either a player or have no clue about baseball at all. You are excited because Paintsville beat some 15th region teams in the all "A"? Lawrence beat a legit year in year out state contender in Trinity. Paintsville couldnt stay on the same field as a Trinity or a Franklin Co. Easy schedules are what kills Paintsville come playoff time.

well put my friend.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:And you may not know as much as what you think you do either. lol .... Any time a 15th region team can beat Trinity, that is a good win. Trinity has had some pretty decent teams the last few years, but they are never considered to be a state contender. The only time recently that they have had a chance at being in the mix for a state title was in 2004. Some good teams yes, state contenders, never. Some Louisville teams have a way of being hyped up to be better than what they actually are. Just because they are from Louisville does not mean they are all that great. IMO, the win over Cabel-Midland was by far a greater accomplishment for Lawrence Co. Paintsville is very capable of puttin an "L" on either Trinity or Franklin as well, so you are not correct on that statement at all. I will however agree that a strong regular season schedule will help trememdously come tournament time.

AMEN

BY the way how did lawrence win a 8-9 team tourney with only two wins
Just to add to my earlier post. I think for that matter that Dunbar is overrated. It is just hard for me to believe that they are the 3rd best team in the state after they lost 8 starters from last years team. I do think PRP is the best team and Apollo always has a great squad, but there are so many teams that are top 25 worthy that no one gets to see because of the region they are in. The 11th region alone should own the top 25.
Well. I guess I could beat them, if that's all.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Well. I guess I could beat them, if that's all.

It might be a close game, but maybe you could. haha!!Big Grin

AMEN BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Image: icon10.gif]
With all the schools in Louisville, Trinity is just one that is lucky if they get out of their region. Like somebody said earlier, the only really good year they had was in 2004. They had some realy good teams in the mid to late 90's, but they are not "year in year out" state contenders.
Pages: 1 2