Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Andre' Woodson to Help Ashland Putnam Stadium Restoration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Andre Woodson will be signing autographs at Ashland Paul G. Blazer High School Tuesday April 15th from 6:30-8:00. The signing will be held in the Anderson Gym lobby. Pictures will be available for sale for $10, and $25. Also panoramic prints from the LSU game will be available for $35. Autograph is free with the purchase of a picture. If you would like to bring your own item to have autographed it is $10 per item. Also proceeds benefit the Ashland Putnam Stadium Restoration Foundation.
GodisAshlandTomcat41 Wrote:Andre Woodson will be signing autographs at Ashland Paul G. Blazer High School Tuesday April 15th from 6:30-8:00. The signing will be held in the Anderson Gym lobby. Pictures will be available for sale for $10, and $25. Also panoramic prints from the LSU game will be available for $35. Autograph is free with the purchase of a picture. If you would like to bring your own item to have autographed it is $10 per item. Also proceeds benefit the Ashland Putnam Stadium Restoration Foundation.
ALL proceeds go to the restoration???
What is in it for Woodson? that's not how these things usually work.
I guess he knows that he's about ready to make millions in the NFL, so he's finding another way to try to help the state of Kentucky folk that have supported him for so long.

If he really is doing this for completely free, it shows what a tremendous character type guy Woodson is.
Tomcat68 Wrote:I guess he knows that he's about ready to make millions in the NFL, so he's finding another way to try to help the state of Kentucky folk that have supported him for so long.

If he really is doing this for completely free, it shows what a tremendous character type guy Woodson is.
I'm sorry, I have trouble believing he is doing this gratis...that's what the barnstorming type deals are about...seniors making cash.

I know he will also be in Pikeville Thursday or Friday for Hillbilly Days and he will be selling the same autographs except he is keeping the money.
He and Stevie Johnson were at Hazard tuesday...to sign autographs---we got no benefit from this though even though it was expensive for a poster or w/e. It is a statewide tour sponsored by ARH as far as I knew...
Local sponsors paid the appearance fee. So all the money made will be donated to the foundation.
Anything to help out anyone, even if he is getting somewhat of the money is a great thing IMO!
He was also at East Ridge last week I think..
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I'm sorry, I have trouble believing he is doing this gratis...that's what the barnstorming type deals are about...seniors making cash.

I know he will also be in Pikeville Thursday or Friday for Hillbilly Days and he will be selling the same autographs except he is keeping the money.

It was in todays newspaper. There were some local physicians that paid the appearance fee so all of the proceeds truly go towards the renovation. If I find a link I will post it but is was in the www.dailyindependent.com sunday edition.
So where will Andre be at during Hillbilly Days
Midee1 Wrote:It was in todays newspaper. There were some local physicians that paid the appearance fee so all of the proceeds truly go towards the renovation. If I find a link I will post it but is was in the www.dailyindependent.com sunday edition.
So, if the physicians paid the fee, wouldn't they be the ones who should be getting the credit here???
He is just there for the buck.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:So, if the physicians paid the fee, wouldn't they be the ones who should be getting the credit here???
He is just there for the buck.

Absolutely true but maybe they just wanted to step back out of the limelight. Any way you look at it I think it's a good thing that people are stepping up and helping.
Midee1 Wrote:Absolutely true but maybe they just wanted to step back out of the limelight. Any way you look at it I think it's a good thing that people are stepping up and helping.
Yep, Great thing that money is being raised to help our youth!!!!

Just didn't like the way it sounded that Woodson was doing this out of the goodness of his heart.