Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rose Hill's Chad Jackson Transfers to Scott County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rose Hill guard follows teammate Dakota Euton to Scott County, were they both will be playing basketball and attending school.

This immediately makes Scott County one of the more powerful high school teams in the country.

http://www.hoopsreport.com/news/hoopsnew...ntransfers
In the country??? Are they really going to be that good?
Amun-Ra Wrote:In the country??? Are they really going to be that good?

I don't think they will be on the same level as Oak Hill or DeMatha, but they will at least be a top 50 team.

A-Train will be able to explain everyone they return.

uk96

It looks like the KHSAA is doing a real good job stopping recruiting in the state...
uk96 Wrote:It looks like the KHSAA is doing a real good job stopping recruiting in the state...

Scott Co. Isnt recruiting their parents just got a new job at toyotaRolleyes
Hey, if these kid's family's choose to move to Scott County for whatever reason, that doesn't mean they have been recruited by Scott County. On this and all other message boards, everytime a good player chooses to transfer there is always crys of recruiting.
Euton's dad worked for Woolpert Engineering, I actually worked in Cincinnati office about 8-9 years ago, they closed their Ashland office, he could have relocated, but to Northern KY to stay with the same company or out of state. I guess Cov Cath was not attractive enough to play at. So his father took a position with an Engineering firm in Lexington. Euton's father went to both Lex Cath and Scott Co, talked with the coaches, checked out the facilities and checked out the schedules they wished to play. Euton wanted to stay close to UK so basically it was Scott Co or Lex Cath and they chose Scott Co, yes they do play a more attractive schedule, more tournaments out of state, they also had more returning talent than LC in my opinion with Phares and Guyn and what kid does not want to win a state championship.

Jackson's family just took a little longer to get everything in line, they also checked out both schools and facilities. Jackson did not want to stay at Rose Hill basically by himself.
"Each time a star player leaves one school to go to another, people get on here and cry about recruiting." If that's not laughable, well... it is laughable, gut splittingly so.

uk96

A-TRAIN Wrote:Euton's dad worked for Woolpert Engineering, I actually worked in Cincinnati office about 8-9 years ago, they closed their Ashland office, he could have relocated, but to Northern KY to stay with the same company or out of state. I guess Cov Cath was not attractive enough to play at. So his father took a position with an Engineering firm in Lexington. Euton's father went to both Lex Cath and Scott Co, talked with the coaches, checked out the facilities and checked out the schedules they wished to play. Euton wanted to stay close to UK so basically it was Scott Co or Lex Cath and they chose Scott Co, yes they do play a more attractive schedule, more tournaments out of state, they also had more returning talent than LC in my opinion with Phares and Guyn and what kid does not want to win a state championship.

Jackson's family just took a little longer to get everything in line, they also checked out both schools and facilities. Jackson did not want to stay at Rose Hill basically by himself.
So his dad got a job in Lexington but they decided to live in Scott County...
uk96 Wrote:So his dad got a job in Lexington but they decided to live in Scott County...

Scott County High School is only about 15 minutes away from Lexington. Not all people who work in Lexington live there. They live in the more suburban surrounding areas, such as Georgetown where Scott County High is located.
Scott County will definitely be in the run for State once again.
GREAT move for Scott Co.
uk96 Wrote:So his dad got a job in Lexington but they decided to live in Scott County...

15 miles, like living at Harold and working in Prestonsburg,

You guys need to remember that Georgetown is 15 miles north of Lexington, Richmond is 15 miles south and Winchester is 15 miles east, I know many people that live in Louisville and work at Toyota, thats a 75 mile drive each way, everyday and they have done that for 15+ years, so I dont think 15 miles is too far to drive
I would do they same thing if I was still that age. If I had that opportunity it would be a no-brainer. I think Jackson going to Scott will benefit them more than Euton. IMO Jackson is a much better player than Euton and with what Scott has coming back Jackson will have a bigger impact at the guard position than Euton will down low. Scott has a couple of post players who are as good or better than Euton, and I think Jackson could definetly be a scorer for Scott next season, but Euton will struggle with all the competition he will have.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I would do they same thing if I was still that age. If I had that opportunity it would be a no-brainer. I think Jackson going to Scott will benefit them more than Euton. IMO Jackson is a much better player than Euton and with what Scott has coming back Jackson will have a bigger impact at the guard position than Euton will down low. Scott has a couple of post players who are as good or better than Euton, and I think Jackson could definetly be a scorer for Scott next season, but Euton will struggle with all the competition he will have.

See Euton. See Jackson. See Elliot County. See Euton move. See Jackson move. See Toyota offer. See Billy Hicks shrug and smile. See the KHSAA Director go to a wine and cheese party at Lex. Catholic, her alma mater. See me puke. See competitive fairness gasp toward death.
thecavemaster Wrote:See Euton. See Jackson. See Elliot County. See Euton move. See Jackson move. See Toyota offer. See Billy Hicks shrug and smile. See the KHSAA Director go to a wine and cheese party at Lex. Catholic, her alma mater. See me puke. See competitive fairness gasp toward death.

Well I think it's a joke. Especially in Basketball and Baseball. These are the only two sports in Kentucky that don't have a class system. Actually I am pretty sure we are the only state in the country who doesn't have a class system for baseball and basketball. If we did have a class system it might help average out a little of the recruiting problem. Say Scott county does have a solid team, great, they might not be in your class to even worry about. Same with Baseball. This would give way to a lot more opportunity for Eastern Kentucky schools to be on a competitive edge with the lexington/louisville schools. However, our state, as does our country, runs off of revenue and a monatary way of thinking. They would never in a million year give up the sweet sixteen or the Applebees state tournament for anything in the world. Football still makes a killing off of it, but for some reason we are forced to sit back year in year out and watch teams like Scott county take good players, and I have said it before.....The way it is now, I don't blame any of these kids for transferring, because they know there is no shot at them winning a state title at a small eastern kentucky school. So why not? If it will get them recognition, then so be it!!!
thecavemaster Wrote:See Euton. See Jackson. See Elliot County. See Euton move. See Jackson move. See Toyota offer. See Billy Hicks shrug and smile. See the KHSAA Director go to a wine and cheese party at Lex. Catholic, her alma mater. See me puke. See competitive fairness gasp toward death.

Who got a Toyota offer? To my knowledge the last and only kid that played basketball for Scott County who moved in due to a parent's employement with Toyota was 11 years ago. Lets deal in facts.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well I think it's a joke. Especially in Basketball and Baseball. These are the only two sports in Kentucky that don't have a class system. Actually I am pretty sure we are the only state in the country who doesn't have a class system for baseball and basketball. If we did have a class system it might help average out a little of the recruiting problem. Say Scott county does have a solid team, great, they might not be in your class to even worry about. Same with Baseball. This would give way to a lot more opportunity for Eastern Kentucky schools to be on a competitive edge with the lexington/louisville schools. However, our state, as does our country, runs off of revenue and a monatary way of thinking. They would never in a million year give up the sweet sixteen or the Applebees state tournament for anything in the world. Football still makes a killing off of it, but for some reason we are forced to sit back year in year out and watch teams like Scott county take good players, and I have said it before.....The way it is now, I don't blame any of these kids for transferring, because they know there is no shot at them winning a state title at a small eastern kentucky school. So why not? If it will get them recognition, then so be it!!!
The boy's Sweet 16 funds the bulk of the KHSAA for the year. They are not going to mess with it. Look what happened to Indiana's state tournement when they went to classes. There are not many but there are few other states that do not classify basketball.
rojas Wrote:The boy's Sweet 16 funds the bulk of the KHSAA for the year. They are not going to mess with it. Look what happened to Indiana's state tournement when they went to classes. There are not many but there are few other states that do not classify basketball.

Actually I am not aware of any. Name them if you could, I would love to know who they are. I am almost 100% sure there are none who doesn't classify baseball, and I think it's the same for basketball.
Delaware is one. I don't know if there are others. A few years ago there were a hand full of states that had no classification.
rojas Wrote:Who got a Toyota offer? To my knowledge the last and only kid that played basketball for Scott County who moved in due to a parent's employement with Toyota was 11 years ago. Lets deal in facts.

I took an earlier post in this thread to be a fact. The "see Euton" was tongue and cheek anyway, which, I'm sure, you know. If you've been around AAU ball at all in the last several years, you know what school shopping and middle school raiding is. To deny it, or to suggest that it is in keeping with competitive fairness, suggests much about the wide-eyed believer.
rojas Wrote:Delaware is one. I don't know if there are others. A few years ago there were a hand full of states that had no classification.

About ten years ago there were a lot of states that had no classification, but as of the past couple of years, all of them have gone to classification. I don't know about Delaware, as probably no one else does either. Delaware is not really a state you hear from. I would say though that the really tiny state wouldn't have classification, but like I said, I am really not sure.
Delaware is one of them, and if I'm not mistaking Hawaii is as well.
First, when Scott County gets one good transfer it looks like "recruiting" But when you get 2 in the same offseason. "Just call it what it is". The other thing the Guyn transfered in before last season from Henry Clay. I say redistrict the 11th. Put the 5 public schools back in the 43rd and Put Scott Co., Catholic, LCA, and Sayre in another district. Let the schools who can "draw" in talent have to compete against each other more often.
If you were a very good high school player and were relocating to the Lexington area, where would you choose to live and go to school?

And, if you were a coach or principal and these two kids showed up at your school would you tell them they couldn't play. The only school I know of that ever told a transfer he couldn't participate in athletics was Greenup County and they are being sued by the kid's parents.
rojas Wrote:If you were a very good high school player and were relocating to the Lexington area, where would you choose to live and go to school?

And, if you were a coach or principal and these two kids showed up at your school would you tell them they couldn't play. The only school I know of that ever told a transfer he couldn't participate in athletics was Greenup County and they are being sued by the kid's parents.

It is not the coach and principal that monitor competitive high school sports in Kentucky. Euton and Jackson, along with other parents and players, shop for exposure and a trip to Rupp Arena. Certain schools peruse middle schools for players. This type of recruiting/shopping doesn't occur most of the time because somebody needs a new job. We all know that...no need for all the issue clouding.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:About ten years ago there were a lot of states that had no classification, but as of the past couple of years, all of them have gone to classification. I don't know about Delaware, as probably no one else does either. Delaware is not really a state you hear from. I would say though that the really tiny state wouldn't have classification, but like I said, I am really not sure.

I believe there are 3 states left without classification. They are Delaware, Kentucky, and New Jersey.
I have been a long time proponent of a transfer rules change by the KHSAA. I feel the KHSAA should go one of two ways either:

(a) Make EVERY transfer, no matter what the reason, ineligible for a certain length of time, or

(b) Open it completely up and let any kid transfer to any school that will accept them. Many states have gone this route.

The KHSAA does not have the staff to investigate every transfer. The way the KHSAA transfer rule reads now, unless there is evidence these kids were actually recruited they will be ruled eligible to participate in KHSAA sanctioned athletics.
Norm Wrote:I believe there are 3 states left without classification. They are Delaware, Kentucky, and New Jersey.

Delaware and New Jersey? Did you google that?
oldschool Wrote:First, when Scott County gets one good transfer it looks like "recruiting" But when you get 2 in the same offseason. "Just call it what it is". The other thing the Guyn transfered in before last season from Henry Clay. I say redistrict the 11th. Put the 5 public schools back in the 43rd and Put Scott Co., Catholic, LCA, and Sayre in another district. Let the schools who can "draw" in talent have to compete against each other more often.

I say move Scott Co back to the 8th region where they were for many many years

Here is the breakdown
Pages: 1 2