Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magoffin 8 Paintsville 7 - 8 Innings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congrats Lady Hornets and to 8th Grader Chelsea Cole for getting the game winning hit with two outs and two strikes, a line drive over the first baselady's head to right field to knock in the runner on third.
Good win Lady Hornets, What the deal with number 5 getting throw out at 3?
Coaches about made a you mistake on that play.
MC #1 Wrote:Good win Lady Hornets, What the deal with number 5 getting throw out at 3?

Coach Holbrook was trying to end the game in that inning. I was watching the game and have to say I agreed with his decision. If you can get you're base runner on third, anything can happen in softball. I know that the rule is to not get your 1st or 3rd out @ 3rd base, but he had to go for it. The question should be, "Who knew that the outfielder from Paintsville had an arm like that?" If I hadn't have seen it, I wouldn't have believed it. That was the only place she could have put the ball to get the out and thats not even mentioning the strength to make such a throw. Furthermore, the 3rd baseman for Paintsville missed a hit during the next inning. So, the catch to get number 5 out was textbook. Just a great defensive play by these two young ladies. Great job both teams. Keep up the hard work Lady Hornets and coaches. You guys are making us proud. Big Grin
MC #1 Wrote:Good win Lady Hornets, What the deal with number 5 getting throw out at 3?

What is a "you mistake"? Just curious.

Congrats to the Lady Hornets for not throwing in the towel when they got down 7-3 after some mental mistakes. Total team effort to come from behind and get this big district win.

ok, i'm a little confused here. i thought that someone with your extensive knowledge of the game knows that with 1 out you try to get your runner on third base. with nobody out you hold her on second, but with 1 out & knowing that it takes a perfect throw to throw her out then you try to make things happen. not very often will you see the perfect throw. when it happens you've just got to get up, dust yourself off & give the young lady a tip of the hat. in hindsight it turned out to be a mistake, but at the time it was the right move.
Hoopla Wrote:Coach Holbrook was trying to end the game in that inning. I was watching the game and have to say I agreed with his decision. If you can get you're base runner on third, anything can happen in softball. I know that the rule is to not get your 1st or 3rd out @ 3rd base, but he had to go for it. The question should be, "Who knew that the outfielder from Paintsville had an arm like that?" If I hadn't have seen it, I wouldn't have believed it. That was the only place she could have put the ball to get the out and thats not even mentioning the strength to make such a throw. Furthermore, the 3rd baseman for Paintsville missed a hit during the next inning. So, the catch to get number 5 out was textbook. Just a great defensive play by these two young ladies. Great job both teams. Keep up the hard work Lady Hornets and coaches. You guys are making us proud. Big Grin

Great post!
Stats
Magoffin- 8 runs- 13 hits- 3 doubles- 4 errors

C. Salyer- 4 1b hits- 2 RBI
B. Howard- 2 doubles- 3 RBI
C. Cole- 2 1b hits- 1 RBI
F. Prater- 2 1b hits
K. Hall- 1 double- 1 RBI
L. Howard- 11b hit- 1 RBI

Pitching-- IP R H BB K ER

C. Salyer-8 7 8 3 8 5

Paintsville- 7 runs- 8 hits- 2 doubles- 6 errors

B. Taylor- 1 1b hit
L. Trimble- 1 1b hit
J. Russell- 1 1b hit- 1 RBI
A. Owens- 1 double - 4 RBI
K. Welch- 1 1b hit- 1 RBI
K. Adams- 1 1b hit
B. Davis- 1 1b hit
E Castle- 1 double- 1 RBI

Pitching- IP R H BB K ER

K. Welch- 8 8 13 1 2 8

Great game to watch, a few more errors than I expected from both teams, but I'm sure that will get better as they get deeper into season
The Hornet coaching staff better play safer or this time Paintsvile will take advatage of the running mistakes.
MC #1 Wrote:The Hornet coaching staff better play safer or this time Paintsvile will take advatage of the running mistakes.

Hey MC #1, thanks for the advice.......we can always count on your support.
snowbird Wrote:ok, i'm a little confused here. i thought that someone with your extensive knowledge of the game knows that with 1 out you try to get your runner on third base. with nobody out you hold her on second, but with 1 out & knowing that it takes a perfect throw to throw her out then you try to make things happen. not very often will you see the perfect throw. when it happens you've just got to get up, dust yourself off & give the young lady a tip of the hat. in hindsight it turned out to be a mistake, but at the time it was the right move.
there was 2 outs it ended the inning imo a bad move but it took a near perfect play to get her out .
ok, sorry, i stand corrected, but i still feel as tho it was the correct move.
as has been stated many times, it took nearly a perfect play from the outfielder & the 3rd baseman to get her out. if she makes it then a passed ball or wild pitch scores the winning run, just a chance you have to take sometimes.