Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bert Brown to take reigns at Piarist? (Rumor)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Burt Brown is rumored to be interested in starting a football program at The Piarist School.
I just don't see how an academic school with less than 50 boys can field a football team.
If Brown takes this job, he will do nothing but add 10 L's a year on his coaching record.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Burt Brown is rumored to be interested in starting a football program at The Piarist School.

I've asked this question before and no one has answered it, so here goes another try. Who is Burt Brown ? Where has he coached? Why would you want to start a program at a school that would be doomed for failure from the start?
kyrifle Wrote:I've asked this question before and no one has answered it, so here goes another try. Who is Burt Brown ? Where has he coached? Why would you want to start a program at a school that would be doomed for failure from the start?

He was or is Perry Central's football coach. That's they only place I know of him coaching at. I don't know why he would want to even consider starting a program at Piarist because it will be to hard to even get enough boys to come out and play. Most them have never played a physical sport in there entire life.

I'm not knocking Piarist but this isn't very realistic.
Piarist has dorms available and when you have dorms you can bring in people from anywhere in the world to go to school, and if they can play football, I'm sure that would be a plus. If I were going to coach, I'm sure I would write letters to schools in other places out of the country, to see how many foreign exchange kids I could get and when good players start coming in I'm sure others from around will follow. All it takes is someone with the smarts to get it going, yes it would be hard work for the first couple of years, but after you get it going, everything would just fall into place. Is this recruiting, no, your just trying to help the school out with their enrollment and give the kid a good education, and if they can play football, have a little fun too!
This is nothing but a lie, Brown wouldnt even consider this.
Unless there is some reliable sources of not only Brown's interest but also Piarist starting a team, this one is done.