Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best pitchers in the 16th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Everybody knows about Heineman. Who else?
Greenup Co. Soph. Dakota Greenslate went 6 and 2/3 innings with Apollo. Left the mound with two outs. Relief pitchers blew up and gave Apollo 12 run in the top of the seventh.:eek:

Final score Apollo 12 GCHS 4

Tough one.
CleanupMan Wrote:Greenup Co. Soph. Dakota Greenslate went 6 and 2/3 innings with Apollo. Left the mound with two outs. Relief pitchers blew up and gave Apollo 12 run in the top of the seventh.:eek:

Final score Apollo 12 GCHS 4

Tough one.

Thats sad, why would they pull him ?
Bolander looked good for Lewis County against Ashland. He pitched 8 innings and gave up only 3 runs.
Bosox Fan Wrote:Thats sad, why would they pull him ?

I believe he was at 122 pitch count. I think that was plenty for this early in season even though the game was in Florida.Big Grin
lewisfan21 Wrote:Bolander looked good for Lewis County against Ashland. He pitched 8 innings and gave up only 3 runs.

I watched a Lewis game where Boolander threw in the JV game then the Varsity then saw in the paper where he threw 2 days later. Do they not like to pull him?
Bosox Fan Wrote:I watched a Lewis game where Boolander threw in the JV game then the Varsity then saw in the paper where he threw 2 days later. Do they not like to pull him?

He hasn't played JV all year and has has only pitched in 2 games this season.
lewisfan21 Wrote:He hasn't played JV all year and has has only pitched in 2 games this season.

That was last year.
Tyler Dehoff from Russell is a good pitcher, who with some more consistency, can be a GREAT pitcher. He's already got a no hitter and a 1 hitter (complete games) to his career credit.
Sponge Bob Wrote:Tyler Dehoff from Russell is a good pitcher, who with some more consistency, can be a GREAT pitcher. He's already got a no hitter and a 1 hitter (complete games) to his career credit.

Tyler is unreal to watch. If you watch him warm up you think that he is going to get rocked, then he gets everyone out. I do not know what it is but he is effective.
Bosox Fan Wrote:Tyler is unreal to watch. If you watch him warm up you think that he is going to get rocked, then he gets everyone out. I do not know what it is but he is effective.

I am sorry to say this, but it is hard for me to believe that he is one of the best in the region. The lefty from last year is one of the best pitchers since Potter that Russell has had. This kid is no where near one of the best in the region.
ive seen Dehoff pitch a couple times he has a very good curve but not much anything else
ukfootballrocks Wrote:ive seen Dehoff pitch a couple times he has a very good curve but not much anything else

He gets outs bottom line
Bosox Fan Wrote:He gets outs bottom line

Dehoff is not a bad pitcher but he is not one of the best in the region.
Dehoff gets the ground ball outs provided that there is some decent defence then he is a very effective pitcher in the few games we have played this year i have seen batters knees buckle from the curve
i agree russell devils 54, there has to be better defense that can catch the groundballs and make the routine plays. Who ever is playing left field is doing a stellar job, i mean what an arm on the kid.
RHSUK13 Wrote:i agree russell devils 54, there has to be better defense that can catch the groundballs and make the routine plays. Who ever is playing left field is doing a stellar job, i mean what an arm on the kid.

I don't understand where everyone is getting that Russell is a legitimate team in the 16th. They are barely .500 with losses to Sheldon Clark, West Carter, and Rowan County. That is not exactly a stellar record so far. Who has this kid beat that's so impressive, because the best team the have beaten is Raceland, and they are really down this year.
First off, Tyler DeHoff is a very legitimate pitcher. In case nobody remembers he did start the opening game of the American Legion Tourney last summer for post 76 and went deep into the game. Second, I happen to know the kid and he is a very intelligent young man, and this is how he pitches, he just flat out, out smarts his batters. He knows that he is not going to over power the batter. This kid has a future in baseball whether you agree or not!
2Fast4U Wrote:First off, Tyler DeHoff is a very legitimate pitcher. In case nobody remembers he did start the opening game of the American Legion Tourney last summer for post 76 and went deep into the game. Second, I happen to know the kid and he is a very intelligent young man, and this is how he pitches, he just flat out, out smarts his batters. He knows that he is not going to over power the batter. This kid has a future in baseball whether you agree or not!

I was just asking who he has beaten to make him one of the best in the region? The teams Russell has played and beaten aren't exactly the cream of the crop. I was just wondering because they have taken some bad losses as well. Did he pitch in any of those L's?
No he is 3-0 on the season. Actually he should be 4-0 but he was taken out of the Belfry game in the seventh inning with a four run lead and the reliver ended up giving up four runs to send the game into extra innings. He has beaten West Carter, Raceland, and Green Ohio.
2Fast4U Wrote:No he is 3-0 on the season. Actually he should be 4-0 but he was taken out of the Belfry game in the seventh inning with a four run lead and the reliver ended up giving up four runs to send the game into extra innings. He has beaten West Carter, Raceland, and Green Ohio.

West is terrible. Raceland lost everything but a shortstop and they are not any good this year. Green, Ohio is one of the worst programs in that state. If these are the only teams he's beaten then I can't consider him to be one of the best pitchers in the region I'm sorry. There are a lot of other pitchers who face way better competition and shut them down. Russell's schedule alone won't help him be a good pitcher. He's just not one of the best that's all i'm saying. He may be a descent pitcher, but he is not one of the best.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:West is terrible. Raceland lost everything but a shortstop and they are not any good this year. Green, Ohio is one of the worst programs in that state. If these are the only teams he's beaten then I can't consider him to be one of the best pitchers in the region I'm sorry. There are a lot of other pitchers who face way better competition and shut them down. Russell's schedule alone won't help him be a good pitcher. He's just not one of the best that's all i'm saying. He may be a descent pitcher, but he is not one of the best.

Well that is your thoughts. All I am going to say is that you must not have seen this kid pitch before. Just because he has not pitched against the top in the sate does not rule him out as a top pitcher. Last year Paul Lewis had many other pitchers on his staff but he decided to start DeHoff in state, and yes he did do fine pitching against the some of the top players in that state game! :Thumbs:
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:West is terrible. Raceland lost everything but a shortstop and they are not any good this year. Green, Ohio is one of the worst programs in that state. If these are the only teams he's beaten then I can't consider him to be one of the best pitchers in the region I'm sorry. There are a lot of other pitchers who face way better competition and shut them down. Russell's schedule alone won't help him be a good pitcher. He's just not one of the best that's all i'm saying. He may be a descent pitcher, but he is not one of the best.

Since you know everything about every pitcher in the region, tell me who are the pitchers in the region other than greenslate and heineman.
ok, this is getting out of hand, anyone who knows anything about baseball knows that if you go out and catch the ball, throw the ball, and hit the ball, will be successful. Russell has proven nothing yet this year, all i meant above was the simple fact that anyone who pitches will look decent when the defense plays well, as in the russell case, that hasn't happened and it won't change as long as there is no position changes made. I feel that they are at rock bottom after losing to west and getting smashed by rowan.
RHSUK13 Wrote:ok, this is getting out of hand, anyone who knows anything about baseball knows that if you go out and catch the ball, throw the ball, and hit the ball, will be successful. Russell has proven nothing yet this year, all i meant above was the simple fact that anyone who pitches will look decent when the defense plays well, as in the russell case, that hasn't happened and it won't change as long as there is no position changes made. I feel that they are at rock bottom after losing to west and getting smashed by rowan.

Yea I can agree with that.
How about Dakota Greenslate from Greenup, no one can say that he has faced the bottom teams, he pitched a shutout against APOLLO,
Bosox Fan Wrote:How about Dakota Greenslate from Greenup, no one can say that he has faced the bottom teams, he pitched a shutout against APOLLO,

They beat Greenup 12-4? That is hardly a shutout.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:They beat Greenup 12-4? That is hardly a shutout.

he threw for 6 2/3 of shut out ball, then they pulled him due to pitch count. Do the research before you go shutting people down.
Bosox Fan Wrote:he threw for 6 2/3 of shut out ball, then they pulled him due to pitch count. Do the research before you go shutting people down.

???So he threw 6 2/3 innings in a 7 inning game, and they pulled him with one out left in the game, and then Apollo scored 12 runs with 2 outs in the last inning? I am just asking don't get all ****y.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:???So he threw 6 2/3 innings in a 7 inning game, and they pulled him with one out left in the game, and then Apollo scored 12 runs with 2 outs in the last inning? I am just asking don't get all ****y.

Ya thats what happened.... they set him on a 120 pitch count and threw 122 trying to get the last out brought in a reliever and he gave up 12 before ever getting an out. That happens when you play the number 2 team in the state.
Pages: 1 2