Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: what is your 15th region team doing this summer?(camps,etc.)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i know south floyd is going to morehead state's camp this comin weekend and to aau state tournament the following weekend.
I heard Betsy Layne is going to morehead as well. Just woundering if they are taking Case since he will be inelgible
Why is he inelgible?
Played two years as a eight grader along with Adam Roberts and Colbert Craft and the KHSAA called and informed everyone in the county (middle school coaches) about it then. To my knowledge knowing his coach at the time, they had to sign a paper stating the knew he could not play as a senior.
Why would anyone sign a paper like that for?
Why can girls play from like 6th grade all the way to their senior year. but boys can't? or am i getting confused??
Its not saying they can not play from the 6 grade on. Just you can not play in the eigth grade two years in a row. That might have even changed know but not sure. As soon as you are done with the 8th grade the KHSAA takes over your playing situation and to go back and play in the 8th grade again counts as one of your 4 years of egiblity.
To answer Basketballer, I think they where counting on winning the County Tournament.
One of my friends played 2 years in the 8th grade and played all the way up through his senior year. Not a word said about it either. But I think what happened was he broke his leg during his first 8th grade year during football season and had to sit out basketball season, so he came back the next year and played.
The Floyd County Board of education hasn't exactly abided by all the KHSAA rules either. Take this for example, if a player transfers schools in the middle of a school year, they lose that year of eligability. But last year, eighth grader Jody Tackett transferred schools two or three times in one season and played for each team at least a little bit.
"m00se" Wrote:The Floyd County Board of education hasn't exactly abided by all the KHSAA rules either. Take this for example, if a player transfers schools in the middle of a school year, they lose that year of eligability. But last year, eighth grader Jody Tackett transferred schools two or three times in one season and played for each team at least a little bit.

Jody started out at Adams the transferred to Paintsville then to SF...but he didnt play at Paintsville that i know of....when Jody started playin at SF the principal called the Athletic Director of Floyd Co. and she said that it was up to the coach if he got to play or not...and the coach let him play....
i still disagree. What about James and Nathan Lafferty? Nathan Switched and played. James is doin the same thing. On the other hand Corey Little switches to JCHS and loses eligability, then this year switches schools and is set to play this December? Somethin aint right.
i think that the decisions are totally left up to the coaches