Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville in Florida
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone heard any scores?
The only game they have played so far was today and they lost to North Port, Fl 8-1.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:The only game they have played so far was today and they lost to North Port, Fl 8-1.
Any details of the game. The host school is supposed to be a really good team. When do they play them?
Either April 3rd @ 5:00, or April 5th @ 11:00 a.m.

That's all it had listed down. It doesn't even have any team beside this one listed. I just got it off of the KHSAA website.
Who pitched?
Good luck to the Tigers down there in Florida.
Okay....finally have internet connection.....I have about died!! LOL
Yesterday, Paintsville played Northport out of Sarasota. A pretty good team, that hits well but didn't impress me with their pitching. I mean, they threw strikes, and Paintsville hit it pretty hard, but it was a case of hitting at them and them making their plays.
lyons was on the mound and struggled finding the ump's strikezone, i think he walked around 4-5, gave up 8 hits, 6 runs(5 earned) and Paintsville had 2 errors. Rice relieved and pitched rather well, just hit a couple batters(when he was ahead in the count though) but ended up balking in 2 runs on what we could not figure out why they said it was a balk??? The field ump never called a balk and usually that is his call.
Paintsville at the plate, although they hit the ball, was unable to string together more than 1 hit other than in the 3rd when Vialpando singled and later scored on a Humpfrey hit(his second of the day).
The lineup was...
1) Adams 0-4
2) Humpfrey 2-3, 2 singles an RBI and a stolen base.
3) Grimm 1-3
4)Vanhoose 0-3
5)Ison 0-3
6) Cyrus 0-2, BB
7)Rice DH, 0-3
8) Vialpando 1-2 run scored
9)Butcher 0-3 reached on an error
Brown 1-1 infield single

PHS 1 run(earned) on 5 hits 1 BB, 6 K's 4 left on base.
NHS 8 runs(5 earned)on 10 hits, 5 BB, 2 HBP, 2 errors, Not sure how many LOB.

On a side note I will have to say I was wrong in my prediction that Jake would get picked off the first time he reached base. I had said this because I had noticed that he was getting huge leads at first base and I figured he would get nailed down here trying that. I was wrong as although they tried to pick him 3 times, he dove back safely all three times! sorry I didn't trust you enuff Jake!!! LOL
The Guru Wrote:Okay....finally have internet connection.....I have about died!! LOL
Yesterday, Paintsville played Northport out of Sarasota. A pretty good team, that hits well but didn't impress me with their pitching. I mean, they threw strikes, and Paintsville hit it pretty hard, but it was a case of hitting at them and them making their plays.
lyons was on the mound and struggled finding the ump's strikezone, i think he walked around 4-5, gave up 8 hits, 6 runs(5 earned) and Paintsville had 2 errors. Rice relieved and pitched rather well, just hit a couple batters(when he was ahead in the count though) but ended up balking in 2 runs on what we could not figure out why they said it was a balk??? The field ump never called a balk and usually that is his call.
Paintsville at the plate, although they hit the ball, was unable to string together more than 1 hit other than in the 3rd when Vialpando singled and later scored on a Humpfrey hit(his second of the day).
The lineup was...
1) Adams 0-4
3) Grimm 1-3
4)Vanhoose 0-3
5)Ison 0-3
6) Cyrus 0-2, BB
7)Rice DH, 0-3
Brown 1-1 infield single

On a side note I will have to say I was wrong in my prediction that Jake would get picked off the first time he reached base. I had said this because I had noticed that he was getting huge leads at first base and I figured he would get nailed down here trying that. I was wrong as although they tried to pick him 3 times, he dove back safely all three times! sorry I didn't trust you enuff Jake!!! LOL

Thanks for the information Guru. When are they coming back?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Thanks for the information Guru. When are they coming back?
We play Wed @ 7pm, then either 4pm or 7 pm on Fri.
The Guru Wrote:We play Wed @ 7pm, then either 4pm or 7 pm on Fri.

Okay how good is the tournament you are in? I had heard the host school is very good down ther. What school is that?
I had heard the same about the host!!!!!
The host school is Seminole HS. They are always a state contender, and was acknowledged as the Nations best in 2001. I think last year their ranking was as high as 6th nationwide. There are several schools that are very good down here.
The Guru Wrote:Okay....finally have internet connection.....I have about died!! LOL
The lineup was...
1) Adams 0-4
3) Grimm 1-3
4)Vanhoose 0-3
5)Ison 0-3
6) Cyrus 0-2, BB
7)Rice DH, 0-3
Brown 1-1 infield single

I messed up and should have had Butcher down as 1-2 with a sac bunt and reaching on an error. the sac was almost a hit but a great play made it just a sac.
The lineup was...
1) Adams 0-4
3) Grimm 1-3
4)Vanhoose 0-3
5)Ison 0-3
6) Cyrus 0-2, BB
7)Rice DH, 0-3
Brown 1-1 infield single

Poor Jake!!! Come on Dad, show some love!

xoxoxoxox to Jake:Clap:
Wow, it seems like Humphrey is hitting the ball well early. Don't worry Tiger fans, Grimm and Vanhooose will provide plenty to cheer about soon.
Tigers came up short last night 3-1. Grimm pitched.
blackwidow Wrote:Tigers came up short last night 3-1. Grimm pitched.

Who was this against? What is their record down there so far?
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Who was this against? What is their record down there so far?
They lost to Shorecrest 3-1. Robbie Thigpen pitched a great game for the Chargers. His Dad, Bobby Thigpen told Grimm that he was as good as anyone he had seen this year. And that he had a great future.
Shorecrest scored 1 earned run and it was Paintsville's nemesis, the Florida Balk.
1)Adams 0-3
2)Humpfrey 0-2 BB
3)Grimm 1-3, doulble, run scored
4)Vanhoose 1-2 RBI
PH)Spencer 0-1
5)Ison 1-3 single
6)Brown 0-3
7)Rice 0-2
8)Lyons 0-2
9)Vialpando 0-2
The Guru Wrote:They lost to Shorecrest 3-1. Robbie Thigpen pitched a great game for the Chargers. His Dad, Bobby Thigpen told Grimm that he was as good as anyone he had seen this year. And that he had a great future.
Shorecrest scored 1 earned run and it was Paintsville's nemesis, the Florida Balk.
1)Adams 0-3
2)Humpfrey 0-2 BB
4)Vanhoose 1-2 RBI
PH)Spencer 0-1
5)Ison 1-3 single
6)Brown 0-3
7)Rice 0-2
8)Lyons 0-2
9)Vialpando 0-2

Hey it will sneak up and bite you on the butt, about as bad as a shark bite. Those are the two worst things about florida lol
The Guru Wrote:They lost to Shorecrest 3-1. Robbie Thigpen pitched a great game for the Chargers. His Dad, Bobby Thigpen told Grimm that he was as good as anyone he had seen this year. And that he had a great future.
1)Adams 0-3
2)Humpfrey 0-2 BB
4)Vanhoose 1-2 RBI
PH)Spencer 0-1
5)Ison 1-3 single
6)Brown 0-3
7)Rice 0-2
8)Lyons 0-2
9)Vialpando 0-2
That and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffie. Looks like the Tigers aren't swinging the bats too well 1-5. Well really 1-9.
The Joker Wrote:That and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffie. Looks like the Tigers aren't swinging the bats too well 1-5. Well really 1-9.
When a former MLB player tells you that among a hundred or so pitchers that he had seen from an area that has as good of baseball that you will find anywhere in the country tells you that, it carries a little more weight and is something to feel good about. It might not get you anything, but adding confidence in yourself ain't a bad thing. But go ahead and try to rain on another parade.Rolleyes
The Joker Wrote:That and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffie. Looks like the Tigers aren't swinging the bats too well 1-5. Well really 1-9.
You are correct that the Tigers are not swinging the bats too well. But they are seeing as good of pitching as they will see all year. So maybe a reality check now, might help them later.
The Guru Wrote:You are correct that the Tigers are not swinging the bats too well. But they are seeing as good of pitching as they will see all year. So maybe a reality check now, might help them later.

I am glad they are playing some good competition down there. It will most certainly help them later on in the season.
Yeah, That would have to very exciting for the players & coaches
Boca Ciega, FL 8- Paintsville Tigers-2

tigers faced a pitcher with a nasty knuckle ball

great experience for them though, will help them as the season on
Faced some really good teams and made some great memories. Now get home safely.
I think this week will help Paintsville a whole lot down the stretch.