Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: College recruits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any decent player could go to a Union or Pikeville.... are there any kids in the mountains that have chance at playing at UK, U of L, EKU or WKU? If so lets hear it....
Banks of LCC has made a visit to Louisville
I heard Green,Christian, and Carmody From KCC Made a Visit to some D-1 Schools??? Is it True
RB Chad Merida at SL will be playing wherever he wants in 2 years.
falcon Wrote:Banks of LCC has made a visit to Louisville

Harmon from Pikeville has also visited Louisville.
Abrams, Dillon from Russell were at WKY recently for a visit as I have been told.
Todd Selvage from Raceland has received two offers from small colleges, one offer was a 5 year scholorship to cover red shirt year.
I hope that he is rewarded. he is a great kid.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Abrams, Dillon from Russell were at WKY recently for a visit as I have been told.
Todd Selvage from Raceland has received two offers from small colleges, one offer was a 5 year scholorship to cover red shirt year.
I hope that he is rewarded. he is a great kid.

Dillon has recently went to the University of Louisville to visit and watch there spring game, and Abrams is going there April 18 to visit and watch another game
highschoolfootballfan Wrote:Dillon has recently went to the University of Louisville to visit and watch there spring game, and Abrams is going there April 18 to visit and watch another game
I figured that Louisville's name would be MUD across the whole state of Kentucky after seeing the way they did the kid from Rockcastle Co last year. I wish those 2 the best of luck in getting some looks from D1 schools but I hate the thought of a Russell player going to South Indiana(UofL) to play football!
Seth Setser of Prestonsburg has drawn interest from Kentucky, he was invited to all the games last season, got to goto the Nutter Field House and eat with all the coaches and players, and he got to go into the locker rooms after the games.

He's being recruited for defense, either linebacker or safety.
Ivan Lee has been contacted by Purdue quite a few times...
I know it's a big deal for a D1 to be looking at these kids, but why not be happy if any college is looking at you. If you are good enough for a college to want to look and offer you a chance at college football then they should be happy. If you are good enough to be offered the first step on the ladder, take it, all great NFL players were not offered a full ride at a D1 for the first step. Walk the ladder and prove yourself if you are good enough you will be NFL.
SLHSCard Wrote:RB Chad Merida at SL will be playing wherever he wants in 2 years.

im pretty sure he wont be invited USC or any of the PAC-10 schools
Sledgehammer Wrote:I know it's a big deal for a D1 to be looking at these kids, but why not be happy if any college is looking at you. If you are good enough for a college to want to look and offer you a chance at college football then they should be happy. If you are good enough to be offered the first step on the ladder, take it, all great NFL players were not offered a full ride at a D1 for the first step. Walk the ladder and prove yourself if you are good enough you will be NFL.

Any player that goes D-1 and not D-1AA is offered a full ride scholarship, I asked the New football coach at my school and he played at Marshall and he said every player D-1 player gets a full ride unless they are an invited walk-on
alot from hazard are getting looks from these colleges and alot more
RedSeal Wrote:Any player that goes D-1 and not D-1AA is offered a full ride scholarship, I asked the New football coach at my school and he played at Marshall and he said every player D-1 player gets a full ride unless they are an invited walk-on

This is not true. There are lots of D-1A schools that don't offer all players full scholarships, but it's mainly limited to the bottom dwellers of the league who don't have much business within D-1A to begin with. Many schools will cover tuition, but not room and board. Others will cover room and board and 50% tuition, etc. These are still scholarship athletes, but the schools simply don't have enough funds available to give all players "full rides."
Tomcat68 Wrote:This is not true. There are lots of D-1A schools that don't offer all players full scholarships, but it's mainly limited to the bottom dwellers of the league who don't have much business within D-1A to begin with. Many schools will cover tuition, but not room and board. Others will cover room and board and 50% tuition, etc. These are still scholarship athletes, but the schools simply don't have enough funds available to give all players "full rides."

well i wasnt really sure on this issue but thanks for clearing that up
falcon Wrote:Banks of LCC has made a visit to Louisville

Banks will be getting a lot of looks from several colleges this fall.
RedSeal Wrote:im pretty sure he wont be invited USC or any of the PAC-10 schools

he is a 5'10 195 junior this coming season, ran a 4.5 on the laser in the 40, finished with the 2nd highest sparq score at the nike combine in columbus breaking the national record total score only to have his record broken by a senior an hour later. he has been invited to some major college camps after this performance.
SLHSCard Wrote:he is a 5'10 195 junior this coming season, ran a 4.5 on the laser in the 40, finished with the 2nd highest sparq score at the nike combine in columbus breaking the national record total score only to have his record broken by a senior an hour later. he has been invited to some major college camps after this performance.
Wow. Very impressive. Good luck to this young man. Who know's, maybe he might make it to the PAC 10, or better yet the SEC!!!:Thumbs:
SLHSCard Wrote:RB Chad Merida at SL will be playing wherever he wants in 2 years.

Wherever he wants???

Doubt that. I'm sure he is a good football player and might be a great athlete, but wherever he wants? Come now he still has a long way to go.
SLHSCard Wrote:he is a 5'10 195 junior this coming season, ran a 4.5 on the laser in the 40, finished with the 2nd highest sparq score at the nike combine in columbus breaking the national record total score only to have his record broken by a senior an hour later. he has been invited to some major college camps after this performance.

what was his sophmore stats this season
RedSeal Wrote:what was his sophmore stats this season

He was a running back on a mainly passing team. KHSAA has him listed as 87 carries for 438 yards and 3 TDs. That's right at 5 yards per carry. The other RB, Cody Quinn, carried 66 times for 423 yards and 3 TDs. That's about 6.5 yards per carry.

Chad may be a good back, but those aren't highly impressive game numbers, even to be on a passing team. I didn't get to watch SL play this past season though, so this could be due to a great different number of reasons such as:
1. Majority of carries in garbage time up the gut to run out the clock in which the D is stacked in the box.
2. Poor offensive line blocking.
3. Poor play selection.

He'll still need much more seasoning before he can go anywhere big time, but best of luck to the young man.

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tats_24760
yea thats what I was thinking also
Too Good Wrote:any decent player could go to a union or pikeville.... are there any kids in the mountains that have chance at playing at Uk, U of L, EKU or WKU, if so lets hear it....

Monte Merrick, Bell Co.'s All-State Kicker has had a lot of interest from several major D-1 programs. I believe he said that he had visited WKU last month. He attended scrimmage and visited UT last Saturday. He is scheduled to visit Louisville and Kentucky next weekend. He has had active contact with coaches from numerous Big 12, Big East; Big Ten; ACC; and SEC schools who have invited him to their camps in June to kick for them in person.
Did J.K. Ratliff have any offers to play next season. I remember reading something on one post that he might walk on somewhere. With his size I thought he might get some looks.
I heard last night that Evan Boyd has to choose between Louisville and Morehead State. I talked to him last night and he said he has a full ride at Morhead but not at Louisville. He is one smart kid and a great kid to be around. I wish him the best at which ever he chooses.
More Devils in college is a good thing......
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:I heard last night that Evan Boyd has to choose between Louisville and Morehead State. I talked to him last night and he said he has a full ride at Morhead but not at Louisville. He is one smart kid and a great kid to be around. I wish him the best at which ever he chooses.
More Devils in college is a good thing......

Am I assuming right that these rides are for academics? Evan was a pretty decent football player, but I know he's not Morehead or Louisville football caliber.
Mountainteams#1 Wrote:I heard Green,Christian, and Carmody From KCC Made a Visit to some D-1 Schools??? Is it True

LOL look at the teams record past few years.. What are you smokin :lmao: :howdy: Smile :beerwez:
Sponge Bob Wrote:Am I assuming right that these rides are for academics? Evan was a pretty decent football player, but I know he's not Morehead or Louisville football caliber.

Granted that it is academics but it is still nice to know that school is taken care of if you want to walk on.
I think it is even more impressive for Evan to be getting academic scholarships than football! I am not knocking that at all. I was just wondering.
Pages: 1 2