Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg @ Shelby Valley PPD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For P-Burg this game started out a little IFFY. Shelby Valley Jumped out to a 3-0 lead after the 1st on some small ball hits "no throws" by P-burg's catcher, & a couple of walks. P-Burg's pitcher composed himself & got a hit in the top of the third to help himself out. They did get a run in that inning even though they left a couple on base making it 3 - 1 S.V. For some reason the game was called after 3 innings when it was not raining any harder than it was at the beginning of the game???? Of course, This would NOT be a complete gameafter ONLY 3 innings so, I don't know if they plan on making this up or not?
It was pretty Sloppy throughout the game but, I thought the game could have at least gone the Min. 5 Innings to make this a complete game.
Neither team seemed to be ready to play this game at the start but, it ended before we could see who would come through at the end.
It was sophomore Tyler Hall that got the start for the Blackcats... I talked to a few players and they said that it was just real wet and that everyone played real sloppy. But that can be expected when everything is wet.
Miss_Hoops Wrote:For P-Burg this game started out a little IFFY. Shelby Valley Jumped out to a 3-0 lead after the 1st on some small ball hits "no throws" by P-burg's catcher, & a couple of walks. P-Burg's pitcher composed himself & got a hit in the top of the third to help himself out. They did get a run in that inning even though they left a couple on base making it 3 - 1 S.V. For some reason the game was called after 3 innings when it was not raining any harder than it was at the beginning of the game???? Of course, This would NOT be a complete gameafter ONLY 3 innings so, I don't know if they plan on making this up or not?
It was pretty Sloppy throughout the game but, I thought the game could have at least gone the Min. 5 Innings to make this a complete game.
Neither team seemed to be ready to play this game at the start but, it ended before we could see who would come through at the end.

The game was called because both coaches and the umpires felt that it was becoming too sloppy for the players to be safe. Neither coach wanted to injure a key player in a relatively unimportant game for both teams.
I don't know how the field was but I'm sure it would have been a decent game. How did Shelby Valley do against Matewan? There's no score on the khsaa.org/scoreboard site showing it.
Matewan score was 3-1. Brock Kinney had ten strikeouts but did not get the win. SV's batting hasn't been there in any of their games. I think that they will be ok though.
I know that the weather wasn't to bad at first but it did start coming down hard. I was on the softball field it was bad so I know that the baseball field had to be worse.
hootie Wrote:Matewan score was 3-1. Brock Kinney had ten strikeouts but did not get the win. SV's batting hasn't been there in any of their games. I think that they will be ok though.

Actually, SV did not play Matewan Thursday night. That game has been rescheduled for 4/26, following the Phelps game, at SV. SV played Williamson on Thursday night - all the other stats are correct, though. :-)