Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Oldham County Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've heard that his contract was not renewed. He wants to stay and so do a lot of the parents. He is allowed to stay and continue teaching. Kids/fans/parents are protesting. This has to hurt the kids spring practice. He is a good FCA guy.
What was the reason given for not rehiring him as the coach?
Who is the coach at Oldham County?
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Who is the coach at Oldham County?

Lonnie Oldham... He has brought his players down to Prestonsburg for the past two or three seasons playing Prestonsburg and some other local teams in some 7 on 7's. He seems to be a very good coach.
BamaBoy Wrote:I've heard that his contract was not renewed. He wants to stay and so do a lot of the parents. He is allowed to stay and continue teaching. Kids/fans/parents are protesting. This has to hurt the kids spring practice. He is a good FCA guy.

This is a red flag for any potential candidates.
Life, I agree. But when you have a stable situation going on why do you have to change? Of course we ddon't know the whole ball of Wax either. I know of Lonnie and he is well liked by a lot of folks I know. But the man/women in charge has the right. I just don't to see kids hurt.
BamaBoy Wrote:Life, I agree. But when you have a stable situation going on why do you have to change? Of course we ddon't know the whole ball of Wax either. I know of Lonnie and he is well liked by a lot of folks I know. But the man/women in charge has the right. I just don't to see kids hurt.

After watching him and his players at passing camps of the past few summers it seems like his players like him alot. He seems to be very nice, not one of those coaches that will just try and run over you. He also seems to be a very caring guy.
Black Cat, thanks for that. Lonnie will land somewhere. He also went to school at Oldham Cty.
I did not mean to show Coach Oldham any disrespect, from everything I know of him, he seems to be a stand up guy. There seems to be something going on behind the scenes. If the administration knew they were going to do this, they shoud have done this immediately after the season instead of the end of march. Hate to see the kids hurt also.