Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 8 East Ridge 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pretty good game. ER came to play this evening. They stroked the ball pretty good. ER also played pretty good D on the evening, made the majority of the routine plays most of the night. Had a few let downs. Paintsville threw many different pitchers tonight, trying to get some work in for the boys just gettin off the court. The Tigers threw Rice, Vanhoose, Vialpando, Ison and Grimm. Congrats Tigers and good luck against PCC tomorrow.
Final
East Ridge leaves the bases loaded to end the game.
Very shocking score in this one. Anyone have any more details on the game?
East Ridge left the bases loaded to end the game. Grimm came in to close it out.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Very shocking score in this one. Anyone have any more details on the game?

Why? ER really aren't that bad. That's baseball. Anyone can win on any given night. That is why I love the game. If it's your night, you will get every hop, every blooper and every call. But, like I said. The Tigers through almost all basketball players tonight to get some mound time in and start getting those arms stronger. Ison did thro, but it was just one of those nights. It happens to everyone. Nothing to do about it but to just keep rockin and firing and fight through it. Baseball is baseball. If it is your night to loose, well there is pretty much nothing you can do about it. Cause the ball finds every hole on the field.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:East Ridge left the bases loaded to end the game. Grimm came in to close it out.

So Grimm only pitched the last inning, or did he come in in the middle of the last inning, and just got an out? So Lyons didn't throw? Who was hitting for Paintsville, and who wasn't? Sorry for all the questions this is just a shocking score, and I would like to know what exactly happened.Big Grin
OffTheHook Wrote:Why? ER really aren't that bad. That's baseball. Anyone can win on any given night. That is why I love the game. If it's your night, you will get every hop, every blooper and every call. But, like I said. The Tigers through almost all basketball players tonight to get some mound time in and start getting those arms stronger. Ison did thro, but it was just one of those nights. It happens to everyone. Nothing to do about it but to just keep rockin and firing and fight through it. Baseball is baseball. If it is your night to loose, well there is pretty much nothing you can do about it. Cause the ball finds every hole on the field.

I will agree with you on that. Except this is the 15th Region, and I know ER is not that bad, but Paintsville and LC and JC for that matter, are suppose to be the elite teams in this region. In this region you don't see too many upsets that happen to your elite teams. Most of the time they always find ways to still out score their opponent by a lot. I will agree with you in the Major Leagues that will happen, but this is the 15th Region. You do have a good point though.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I will agree with you on that. Except this is the 15th Region, and I know ER is not that bad, but Paintsville and LC and JC for that matter, are suppose to be the elite teams in this region. In this region you don't see too many upsets that happen to your elite teams. Most of the time they always find ways to still out score their opponent by a lot. I will agree with you in the Major Leagues that will happen, but this is the 15th Region. You do have a good point though.

15th or SEC. This isn't basketball. Baseball is just so great. You can be the worst team in the state and it is like the movie "Angels in The Outfield". It's like devine intervention. lol. But, like I said, ER really aren't that bad. And those are the most dangerous teams. Because if they can get a couple of those nights that I was speaking of, they can send someone home early and they just may at the end of the season.
OffTheHook Wrote:15th or SEC. This isn't basketball. Baseball is just so great. You can be the worst team in the state and it is like the movie "Angels in The Outfield". It's like devine intervention. lol. But, like I said, ER really aren't that bad. And those are the most dangerous teams. Because if they can get a couple of those nights that I was speaking of, they can send someone home early and they just may at the end of the season.

ER is one of those teams as well as Belfry, and possibly Pike Central could upset somebody if they have an off night, but ONLY IF they have an off night.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:ER is one of those teams as well as Belfry, and possibly Pike Central could upset somebody if they have an off night, but ONLY IF they have an off night.

Hate to break it to you but Belfry is going to do more than just upset teams when they have an "OFF NIGHT" I love that no one gives them any credit, it will be that much better when we are right there in the battle for region, because you guys on here say we are not suppose to be there...
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:So Grimm only pitched the last inning, or did he come in in the middle of the last inning, and just got an out? So Lyons didn't throw? Who was hitting for Paintsville, and who wasn't? Sorry for all the questions this is just a shocking score, and I would like to know what exactly happened.Big Grin

Grimm only pitched to one hitter. He got the final out on a force out at home.
kyr450 Wrote:Hate to break it to you but Belfry is going to do more than just upset teams when they have an "OFF NIGHT" I love that no one gives them any credit, it will be that much better when we are right there in the battle for region, because you guys on here say we are not suppose to be there...

Ok that's fine if they do, but as I said before, they are better than most of the teams in the 15th region, but I still feel like they don't touch the top 2 when they have their 1 or 2 pitcher on the mound. ER didn't face their 1 or 2, so to say the faced Paintsville's best and beat them, well that is just not the case, and until they do they should be ranked below them and LC. LC and Paintsville have a very good 1, 2 combination, and it will be hard for any team to score when they pitch more less win.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Grimm only pitched to one hitter. He got the final out on a force out at home.

Ok thanks!
East Ridge was up 4-1, in the 3rd Painstville tied it 4-4, in the 4th Painstville went up 6-4, in the top of the 5th East Ridge tied it with a 2 run Tommy Bingham homerun, in the bottom of the 5th Painstville took the lead 7-6 and scored again in the 6th to make it 8-6, East Ridge left the bases loaded in the top of the 7th. Trey Lawson started for the Warriors followed by Robert Coleman and then Tyler Hylton. Thats how the game went, Errors killed the Warriors in this one.
How can you guys talk about East Ridge not facing Painstville 1 or 2 pitcher. East Ridge started their 4th best pitcher last night, and Painstville threw every person they had to try and stop East Ridge. So why can't East Ridge say Painstville beat their #4 Pitcher by only 2 runs?
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:How can you guys talk about East Ridge not facing Painstville 1 or 2 pitcher. East Ridge started their 4th best pitcher last night, and Painstville threw every person they had to try and stop East Ridge. So why can't East Ridge say Painstville beat their #4 Pitcher by only 2 runs?

From what the post said the only time they threw one of their top pitchers was the very last batter, and that was Grimm. Other than that you may have faced their 4th best, but he is not ER's 4th. You won, and congratulations, but my point was if you put ER's Ace against Paintsville's Ace there is no question who would win that game on paper. However, that's why they play games. The threw everybody because they are all basketball players that have been at Rupp, and who haven't see any time on the mound. This was a good game to get them some bullpens in.
Ok, ER did play pretty good. they only had 2-3 errors but Paintsville took advantage of them. ER started a pitcher that never threw the ball over 62 mph all night. Anyone that knows PHS, knows that that is their hitting weakness. Rice struggled on the mound, Vanhoose looked pretty good, Vialpando thre well, making one mistake on the HR that was crushed. Ison, struggled with the strike zone. Paintsville managed 9-10 hits. ithink it was Adams 2 hits, Huump 1 hit but 3 SB including home again. Grimm had 2 hits I think, Vanhoose I am not sure on, Butcher had 2 hits, Vialpando had a hit. The only one I am sure on was mine, He came off the bench, drew a walk stole second, scored on an error by the SS, that was Paintsville's 7th run(game winner) then in the 6th after grimmie started off with a doulble, the next 2 batters were put out, the Jake roped a single to right scoring Grimm for the 8th run(insurance run). there was an hour long lightning/rain delay. A good game to watch, with lots of action from both teams.
Congrats Paintsville, good game Warriors.
I honestly expected Paintsville to win by much more. Good job to both teams.
very good game.
Congrats Paintsville