Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Carter 6 Lewis Co 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
No stats for East
F.Witten for Lewis had 2 rbi's
ukfootballrocks Wrote:Final.
No stats for East
F.Witten for Lewis had 2 rbi's

Good win for East. What does Lewis have this year? Are going to be able to compete this year in the region?
Lewis lost 4 seniors last year and all 4 pitched regularly so the pitching rotation was probably most affected but they do have 4 good pitcher that remain in ace Jake Bolander (jr) Andy Downing (jr) Frankie Witten (jr) and Zach Shaw (sr) But i believe their Strength will be in the defense they have got a great catcher (A.Downing) and Great 1st basemen In (F.Witten). I believe they can play these positions with anyone.There hitting will come from Jermey Lykins who can flat fly. Coty Dermon who hit a few homers last year But expected to improve. Andy Downing who has got a good stick and Frankie Witten who hit around 370 last year.
I agree that Lewis County's weakness will be pitching. I disagree that the ace is Bolander however. Shaw is by far their ace. He pitched 3 no hit innings against East before getting relieved. He is probably one of the most underrated pitcher and overall player in the 16th. He is also one of their best hitters. I also agree that Witten and Downing are among the best at their positions. Witten will also be one of the leading hitters along with Shaw.