Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 6 - Johnson Central 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pirates started out slow, but put together runs in the 5th an 6th to get the win... Tyler Dotson came in in relief to pick up the win, Robert T Runyon gets the no decision... Ryan preston had a nice night at the plate...
Way to go, Pirates!!! Hmmm, I guess you knowledgeable baseball gentlemen either overestimated your team or underestimated your opponent. I thought no one could compete with Paintsville, Johnson Central or Lawrence County. Very interesting, I think!
Congrats to the Pirates.
As for interesting...not really.
Yeh your right I didn't expect this at all. Who pitched for the Eagles?
Belfry has talent this year, their a good team. Thats not taking anything away from JC. Congrats to the Pirates on their win, I suggest them not to get cocky, cause JC has a reason to play REALY hard now...
It's the first game of the season. Nothing to base how the rest of the season will go. JC is normally one of those teams that start off slow and then make a strong surge in the middle of the season, I see no reason to think this year will be any different. Congrats to the Pirates on the win.
Congrats Pirates
Who pitched for JC?
PCCHS35 Wrote:Belfry has talent this year, their a good team. Thats not taking anything away from JC. Congrats to the Pirates on their win, I suggest them not to get cocky, cause JC has a reason to play REALY hard now...

Do you realize that they have not even had the first practice on a field this year yet? For a team that is supposedly cranking on all cylinders, it dont sound all that impressive to me to have to come from behind on a team that hasn't even had a practice yet on a baseball field. Personaly I think it says a lot for JC. Considering the circumstances you very well should have mercied them. Talk about someone being cocky.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Do you realize that they have not even had the first practice on a field this year yet? For a team that is supposedly cranking on all cylinders, it dont sound all that impressive to me to have to come from behind on a team that hasn't even had a practice yet on a baseball field. Personaly I think it says a lot for JC. Considering the circumstances you very well should have mercied them. Talk about someone being cocky.

Who said anything about belfry cranking on all cylinders? They have a lot of improving to do in a lot of areas. No one from belfry has been cocky about anything. So congrat them on the win an quit tryin to make excuses for jc an bashing belfry for not mercy ruling them.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Do you realize that they have not even had the first practice on a field this year yet? For a team that is supposedly cranking on all cylinders, it dont sound all that impressive to me to have to come from behind on a team that hasn't even had a practice yet on a baseball field. Personaly I think it says a lot for JC. Considering the circumstances you very well should have mercied them. Talk about someone being cocky.

Did you forget about the practice on Pburgs field at Stone Crest?
In no way am i trying to down J.C. But maybe some of you guys can unterstand now how it is to not have a field. Allen Central and Besty layne share the field at allen and niether team gets to practice once season starts. It's very hard to build and keep a baseball program when you don't have a field. I hope that J.C. gets their field finished soon. No kid should have to play baseball the way A.C. and B.L. have to. As for Belphy they now have a great field right at the school, I look for them to really grow their baseball program. Good luck to all you guys.
bad hop Wrote:In no way am i trying to down J.C. But maybe some of you guys can unterstand now how it is to not have a field. Allen Central and Besty layne share the field at allen and niether team gets to practice once season starts. It's very hard to build and keep a baseball program when you don't have a field. I hope that J.C. gets their field finished soon. No kid should have to play baseball the way A.C. and B.L. have to. As for Belphy they now have a great field right at the school, I look for them to really grow their baseball program. Good luck to all you guys.

Does the softball team at AC and BL have a field or do they play over there too? That just seems rediculus to have to do that. I remember playing golf there once and having to hit over centerfield to get onto the green.
bad hop Wrote:In no way am i trying to down J.C. But maybe some of you guys can unterstand now how it is to not have a field. Allen Central and Besty layne share the field at allen and niether team gets to practice once season starts. It's very hard to build and keep a baseball program when you don't have a field. I hope that J.C. gets their field finished soon. No kid should have to play baseball the way A.C. and B.L. have to. As for Belphy they now have a great field right at the school, I look for them to really grow their baseball program. Good luck to all you guys.

I agree and know where you are coming from. All the Floyd County schools have had a real disadvantage when it comes to baseball. The BOE sholud really be ashamed of themselves. It's really a testiment on how well Allen Central has played the last few years, to overcome these diversities......... As far as practice once the season gets started, really there are not many days when you have much of an opportunity to do that anyways when you play just about everyday. What Johnson Central will be faced with this year is that everygame that they play will have to substitute for any preseason practice they could have had. Learn and polish as you play will indeed be the theme this season, but I still think that come tournament time they will be playing well.
OffTheHook Wrote:Who pitched for JC?
Stacy started and pitched 4 inn. leaving with a 4-3 lead, Baldwin pitched the 5th & 6th innings. Two costly infield errors hurt the Eagles.
Offensively JC had 7 hits. Smith(2), Richardson(2), Grim(2), and Dale(1).
Congrats Belfry! I expect the Pirates to be a sleeper this year who could possibly pull off a region championship if they get hot.

Don't worry about JC. Coach Hall will have them into shape in no time. What better practice than playing. The Eagles will be a contender by season's end. You can bank on that.
OMG Wrote:Does the softball team at AC and BL have a field or do they play over there too? That just seems rediculus to have to do that. I remember playing golf there once and having to hit over centerfield to get onto the green.

South Floyd's baseball field is the only Board owned baseball field in Floyd County. Pburg has a new field at Stone Crest. The property is owned by the City of Pburg and was build with money from the Floyd County Fiscal Court. They played their games at Archer Park (city owned) prior to the completion of their new facility at Stone Crest. BLHS and ACHS share the field at Allen. At one point South Floyd was also sharing the field at Allen. South Floyd is now playing on a field that was purchased with money secured by Johnny Ray Turner- after doing some work on the field it was turned over to the Board of Education. There are no lights on the SFHS field and very limited seating.

As for softball fields--BLHS has the only Board owned field. Pburg is now using their new facility at Stone Crest. ACHS is playing at Garrett- the field is owned by the Floyd County Fiscal Court. SFHS plays at Minnie Park and it is also owned by the Floyd County Fiscal Court. Both ACHS and SFHS must share their fields with the Beaver Creek Litttle League Teams.

The Floyd County Board of Education apparently doesn't care about baseball or softball. It doesn't generate much money and they aren't going to spend any on it. I've even heard the Board of Education is looking at putting an end to these programs for this reason.
gotcha2 Wrote:South Floyd's baseball field is the only Board owned baseball field in Floyd County. Pburg has a new field at Stone Crest. The property is owned by the City of Pburg and was build with money from the Floyd County Fiscal Court. They played their games at Archer Park (city owned) prior to the completion of their new facility at Stone Crest. BLHS and ACHS share the field at Allen. At one point South Floyd was also sharing the field at Allen. South Floyd is now playing on a field that was purchased with money secured by Johnny Ray Turner- after doing some work on the field it was turned over to the Board of Education. There are no lights on the SFHS field and very limited seating.

As for softball fields--BLHS has the only Board owned field. Pburg is now using their new facility at Stone Crest. ACHS is playing at Garrett- the field is owned by the Floyd County Fiscal Court. SFHS plays at Minnie Park and it is also owned by the Floyd County Fiscal Court. Both ACHS and SFHS must share their fields with the Beaver Creek Litttle League Teams.

The Floyd County Board of Education apparently doesn't care about baseball or softball. It doesn't generate much money and they aren't going to spend any on it. I've even heard the Board of Education is looking at putting an end to these programs for this reason.

It sounds like theres a serious solution to a major problem. If South floyd has their own field but softball doesn't, and BL has their own softball field and baseball doesn't, then why in the world hasn't someone started screeming Title IX. The KHSAA would be all over this, and then if they just corrected that particular case, then it would be solved and everyone would have their own field. There must be something else to it, or I would have thought someone would have been all over this by now.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:It sounds like theres a serious solution to a major problem. If South floyd has their own field but softball doesn't, and BL has their own softball field and baseball doesn't, then why in the world hasn't someone started screeming Title IX. The KHSAA would be all over this, and then if they just corrected that particular case, then it would be solved and everyone would have their own field. There must be something else to it, or I would have thought someone would have been all over this by now.

Good Point!!
I know a few years ago the AC Baseball Boosters had to buy uniforms for the AC Softball team. I've also heard that the new baseball facility at LCC won't be used until the girls have their own facility. I've also been told that Title IX doesn't apply in reverse (in favor of the boys teams). Not sure of this however.

lol excuses are a dime a dozen.
High_Heat Wrote:lol excuses are a dime a dozen.
That's allright. We'll see what your saying come the end of May.....lol
Mr.Kimball Wrote:That's allright. We'll see what your saying come the end of May.....lol

you people just need to learn how to take a loss. and stop talking trash and making up reason why your team lost.
High_Heat Wrote:you people just need to learn how to take a loss. and stop talking trash and making up reason why your team lost.

I congratulate you on a good win, but Kimball does have a good point. A lot of teams across the region have not had alot of field time, with the exception of teams who have good field conditions, but JC is in neither category. They don't have a field period to practice on. How good do you think Belfry would be if the entire year they hadn't been outside and were forced to play their first game of the season with zero field time? I'm guessing they would not be in good shape. Everybody will have to cut JC some slack until they are able to get a few games under their belt and are able to get out the field a little more. Which will only happen when they play games. JC will be in the top 3 in the region before the season is out, and you can bank on that. Belfry will be closely behind at #4, because Belfry just doesn't have the players JC has. They only have 1 maybe 2 players that would even come close to starting on a Paintsville or Lawrence or even a JC team. I'm sorry to put it like that, but it's just the truth.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I congratulate you on a good win, but Kimball does have a good point. A lot of teams across the region have not had alot of field time, with the exception of teams who have good field conditions, but JC is in neither category. They don't have a field period to practice on. How good do you think Belfry would be if the entire year they hadn't been outside and were forced to play their first game of the season with zero field time? I'm guessing they would not be in good shape. Everybody will have to cut JC some slack until they are able to get a few games under their belt and are able to get out the field a little more. Which will only happen when they play games. JC will be in the top 3 in the region before the season is out, and you can bank on that. Belfry will be closely behind at #4, because Belfry just doesn't have the players JC has. They only have 1 maybe 2 players that would even come close to starting on a Paintsville or Lawrence or even a JC team. I'm sorry to put it like that, but it's just the truth.

like i said no one wants to hear exuces, field or no field they lost. get over it.
and no one wants to hear your opions on belfrys and JC's player. Belfry clearly hase more than 2 that could start. if your that good go interview for a Baseball tonight job on espn. its all good when you guys win but god forgbid if a team truly better this year comes away with the W. "W" thats all that matters and that what belfry has.
High_Heat Wrote:like i said no one wants to hear exuces, field or no field they lost. get over it.
and no one wants to hear your opions on belfrys and JC's player. Belfry clearly hase more than 2 that could start. if your that good go interview for a Baseball tonight job on espn. its all good when you guys win but god forgbid if a team truly better this year comes away with the W. "W" thats all that matters and that what belfry has.

Um just want to correct the fact that I am not from JC. I actually have no ties to JC, but I did agree with Kimball on that particular subject. Like I said before, congrats on your two wins this season. Seriously, it's a good way to start out the season. There's no reason to get tore up over this.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I congratulate you on a good win, but Kimball does have a good point. A lot of teams across the region have not had alot of field time, with the exception of teams who have good field conditions, but JC is in neither category. They don't have a field period to practice on. How good do you think Belfry would be if the entire year they hadn't been outside and were forced to play their first game of the season with zero field time? I'm guessing they would not be in good shape. Everybody will have to cut JC some slack until they are able to get a few games under their belt and are able to get out the field a little more. Which will only happen when they play games. JC will be in the top 3 in the region before the season is out, and you can bank on that. Belfry will be closely behind at #4, because Belfry just doesn't have the players JC has. They only have 1 maybe 2 players that would even come close to starting on a Paintsville or Lawrence or even a JC team. I'm sorry to put it like that, but it's just the truth.
About 4 years ago no one thought Belphy's Little League would go to state either. You have to look at the total picture a lot of high school success depends on a good feeder system. The belphy area has improved their youth programs more than anyone in the area the past few years. Do I think that Belphy is #1 or #2 no, but they are improving. And lets not forget that money plays an important part in youth sports and high school sports. The Belphy area has lots of money.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Um just want to correct the fact that I am not from JC. I actually have no ties to JC, but I did agree with Kimball on that particular subject. Like I said before, congrats on your two wins this season. Seriously, it's a good way to start out the season. There's no reason to get tore up over this.

no ones getting tore up, i just would like people to say good win and get them next time like a good sport. instead of being sore losers and letting people from belfry know well they should of done this and could of done that. shoulda coulda woulda done nothing.
High Heat has a point we need to congatulate the kids from BelPHY(Befry), You guys are still whinning about what we done to you in football last year. I guess you guys got better then to. I also guess we didn't have any other players that could start there either. As far as J.C. getting better I think thas why we play the games, to improve. So after saying that I think "Belphy" will to.
Kyle5_88 Wrote:High Heat has a point we need to congatulate the kids from BelPHY(Befry), You guys are still whinning about what we done to you in football last year. I guess you guys got better then to. I also guess we didn't have any other players that could start there either. As far as J.C. getting better I think thas why we play the games, to improve. So after saying that I think "Belphy" will to.

You keep saying you guys? I'm not apart of them, i'm on my own here. I have my own team that I route for. I was only agreeing. I don't even know what your talking about with the football deal. And i'm pretty sure I did congratulate you guys.
bad hop Wrote:About 4 years ago no one thought Belphy's Little League would go to state either. You have to look at the total picture a lot of high school success depends on a good feeder system. The belphy area has improved their youth programs more than anyone in the area the past few years. Do I think that Belphy is #1 or #2 no, but they are improving. And lets not forget that money plays an important part in youth sports and high school sports. The Belphy area has lots of money.

Well I don't know about the money situation, but you do have a good point about their feeder system. Feeder system's are the key to any success at a high school. If you have your youth already instilled with funamentals then once they get to the high school level you are already a step above most of the teams in this region.
Pages: 1 2