Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark Vs. Shelby Valley...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering how everybody thinks this one will turn out....They play tuesday...First game for SC...
pl123 Wrote:Just wondering how everybody thinks this one will turn out....They play tuesday...First game for SC...

I will take SC
SV may surprise some people this year...
I've heard theres a lot of turmoil in SV land. Kids deciding not to play and a bunch of other stuff so i'm not looking for them to have a good season, and I will stick with the 57th in this one and take Sheldon Clark
According to KHSAA- Shelby Valley has games scheduled with Sheldon Clark and Allen Central on May 25.
I will take Sheldon Clark in this one.
OMG Wrote:I've heard theres a lot of turmoil in SV land. Kids deciding not to play and a bunch of other stuff so i'm not looking for them to have a good season, and I will stick with the 57th in this one and take Sheldon Clark

I don't know who your sources are, but I can assure you that everything is going quite smoothly so far for SV. NO RETURNING PLAYER has quit (only a couple first time players) - and I'm not sure what you mean by "a bunch of other stuff" because everything has been smooth sailing so far. Can't guarantee how successful the season will be, of course, but I can tell you that the boys are playing together better than they ever have and have looked pretty good so far. This has potential to be a very good year for baseball in the Valley.
Umm i think this game got moved to SC because Valley doesn't have there field ready...Originally supposed to be at valley...
Go Cards!
have to go with sc in this one..
mic_man Wrote:I don't know who your sources are, but I can assure you that everything is going quite smoothly so far for SV. NO RETURNING PLAYER has quit (only a couple first time players) - and I'm not sure what you mean by "a bunch of other stuff" because everything has been smooth sailing so far. Can't guarantee how successful the season will be, of course, but I can tell you that the boys are playing together better than they ever have and have looked pretty good so far. This has potential to be a very good year for baseball in the Valley.

well good luck then I am just going by what I heard. There was a player that isn't going to play because he wanted to concentrate on football. That is not true?
OMG Wrote:well good luck then I am just going by what I heard. There was a player that isn't going to play because he wanted to concentrate on football. That is not true?

The only one I can think of is one that's a senior that is not playing who plans on playing in college. Maybe that's it? I can assure you, though, that everyone has been out for SV. They looked good last night against Belfry - lost 9-7 b/c of a tough 5th inning (gave up 5). Probably should have changed pitchers, as Varney was getting tired. But that's my 2 cents. I'm sure Justin Tackett will throw for SV tonight.
mic_man Wrote:The only one I can think of is one that's a senior that is not playing who plans on playing in college. Maybe that's it? I can assure you, though, that everyone has been out for SV. They looked good last night against Belfry - lost 9-7 b/c of a tough 5th inning (gave up 5). Probably should have changed pitchers, as Varney was getting tired. But that's my 2 cents. I'm sure Justin Tackett will throw for SV tonight.

Yea that is what I had heard. That he was planning on playing college football so he wasn't going to play baseball.
OMG Wrote:Yea that is what I had heard. That he was planning on playing college football so he wasn't going to play baseball.

That's the only player that is MIA this season. I know they've had some other guys step up that are filling that void well right now. Hopefully they'll keep the defense up - it slacked a little last night @ BHS. We'll see, though, tonight. :-)
okay i think sc has this one for a long run.. sc is very good this year and has potential to win the region. it will be hard with matt slone out with a broke foot and josh maynard out with a torn acl. also another who was going to see time on the mound and out field broke his arm in the game against pike last saturday
alcbaseball10 Wrote:okay i think sc has this one for a long run.. sc is very good this year and has potential to win the region. it will be hard with matt slone out with a broke foot and josh maynard out with a torn acl. also another who was going to see time on the mound and out field broke his arm in the game against pike last saturday
Ouch....these are key players!!!