Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Longest Homerun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is the longest homerun you have seen by a high school player?
Brent Newsome 94-95 I think, played for B.L, led region in homeruns.
Down at Stumbo park he hit one in right field over the trees there, he completely flew them and #4 fairway into the creek.
in feet, give me an estimate at least.

i know a guy who hit a 420 ft. homerun. i really dont know if thats good or not, nor if it was the longest one that i have seen but i know of a 420...
In 1998 Felipe Lopez of the Cincinnati Reds hit one that landed around second base of the softball field at Pikeville...that was a shot and the longest I have ever seen.
Shelby Valley's Terry Wright hit one on the railroad tracks over at Pehlps. :!:
"TheDawg" Wrote:Shelby Valley's Terry Wright hit one on the railroad tracks over at Pehlps. :!:

I have a hard time believing that....if he did all I can say is WOW....that is a 600 ft. shot.
Jarrod Frasure of Pikeville hit one over the football press box in practice one day.

Farthest on Pikeville's field that I have head of is over the YMCA building back when they had a minor league team!!
"PHSFAN" Wrote:
"TheDawg" Wrote:Shelby Valley's Terry Wright hit one on the railroad tracks over at Pehlps. :!:

I have a hard time believing that....if he did all I can say is WOW....that is a 600 ft. shot.

I didn't see it...but i talked to a guy who seen it...and i talked to his coach who seen it.
Matt Miller from Er hit a homer over the fence, road, and guardrail at the field at Er during a practice. that is what i was told buy 3 guys that play baseball...
JR Chaney for Pike Central hit one pretty far the other night against Belfry.
"PHSFAN" Wrote:

Its not true..He hit it across the road in left-center though...It was probably around 420-440 feet....
"theswag" Wrote:Matt Miller from Er hit a homer over the fence, road, and guardrail at the field at Er during a practice. that is what i was told buy 3 guys that play baseball...

I doubt that...
go ahead and Doubt.... it happened.
Justin Slone of South Floyd hit one about 30 ft. over the left feild fence at Stumbo park against BL.
when i was at the all a state tourny a guy from owensboro catholic hit a 3 run walk off homerun that went over the pepsi party deck at applebees park
and i mean it went completely over the roof so he def. killed it
but ive seen a lot of far home runs but if i was guessing Felipe Lopez's homerun was the furthest, altough, i didnt get to see it
wasnt taht homerun at the panther classic in 98???
Tucker Howard for Paintsville in 1989 when they were State Runners-Up. At the old Boyd Co field that you could see from US 23 in Catlettsburg. There is a mound that is about 25 feet wide and about 50-60 feet past left field. The fence is 350 feet away in left center. Tucker cleared the mound with a thunderous, high shot. It had to have gone 475 feet.

If he would have hit more of line drive, it's hard telling how far that ball would have gone.
"alfus21" Wrote:
"PHSFAN" Wrote:

Its not true..He hit it across the road in left-center though...It was probably around 420-440 feet....

Thanks Alfus...that makes more sense. I didn't think there was anyway someone hit the railroad tracks....I don't know if there is a player in MLB right now that could do that. It's been a long time since I have been to Phelps but wouldn't that have to be close to a 600ft. shot to hit the tracks?
"theswag" Wrote:go ahead and Doubt.... it happened.

You even said you weren't there, so how do you KNOW that it happened...You think it happened but you don't know for a fact, and I'd be hard pressed to think of any people including Major Leaguers that could do that....
ryan johnson hit a long one out of garret field
Kyle Tackett hit one in the District Tournament in 2000 win over Betsy Layne at Garrett that went well over Right Beaver Creek but it is difficult to say how far that was because Garrett being so small of a field. I don't think 420 foot because that is a pretty good distance in high school or for that matter any league.
I can bat left handed an hit on out at Garrett.
When Allen Central played Sheldon Clark during the regional tournament back when AC won it in 2003, Neil Allen hit one over the right field fence and through the goalpost on the football field. People at AC are still talking about that shot! That was the longet I've seen in a while!
Last season i saw the catcher from owsley county hit one that cleared the trees in right field by 10 or 15 feet. this is one of the longest homeruns i have witnessed.
Felipe Lopez didn't hit one at Pikeville. I know.......I was there.
"PantherFan" Wrote:Felipe Lopez didn't hit one at Pikeville. I know.......I was there.

Yes he did...not against Pikeville but another team...I saw it with my own eyes...longest homer I have ever seen at Pikeville's field.
I saw Larry Stambugh hit the roof on the pool building at JC, he turned to the dugout and put his hands on face like in the movie Bull Durham. It was a classic
Ryan Brown about hit one over top of Pike Central's football bleachers a couple of years ago.
Josh McKenzie of Paintsville hit a bomb his Sr. year. There is a big tree out in Center Field, well he put one over the tree still rising and cleared the house back there. Prolly about 440, that is the longest one I've personally seen.
In'81 I saw Paintsville Soph. hit a shot at Johnson Central, that cleared the lights in rightfield, and landed around the 30 or 40 yard line of the football field! That made it about a520 foot shot!!! Same year I saw Tony Mayes of Paintsville hit one that travelled about 1250 feet!!!
There was no fense and he hit a liner that hit the road about 340 ft away and bounced and bounced and bounced, then went through a trailer park!!! The funny thing was that, since there was no fence, he had to run it out and it was considred an inside the parker!!
"JKWON33" Wrote:Josh McKenzie of Paintsville hit a bomb his Sr. year. There is a big tree out in Center Field, well he put one over the tree still rising and cleared the house back there. Prolly about 440, that is the longest one I've personally seen.
I hit the top of that tree one time against Ashland!!! It was befor fences were the fad though, and the ball bounced off of every limb and I still only got a double!!! Not that I was that slow, just that I watched it from the batters box!!! LOL!!!
Pages: 1 2