Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New head coach at East Ridge is Joey Thacker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just got word that joey thacker was the new head coach at ER and he will be there at spring pratice this tuesday.I sure hope that he can change the program around.
I saw that one coming before Branham stepped down. Things are a little shady in East Ridge.
Here are my Opinions on the whole deal.

1. Coach Branham...Thanks for a wonderful season its too bad things didnt work out as hoped. Good luck at your next job!

2. Coach Thacker...Let me welcome you to The Tribe! I hope you are ready for the challenges that await you.

3. Spring Practice will start offically Monday. Snice Coach Taylor has a track meet and Coach Thacker "apperantly" wont be there, my guess is Robert Kiser will run the first practice.

4. Now I know everyone is going to doubt the Warriors in their next season but I can assure you with Coach Thackers offense it will be better than in all 6 prevous years

5. Each Warrior Football player will be ready for the challenges ahead

EAST RIDGE WARRIOR
FOOTBALL
A TRADITION IN THE MAKING
How many days will East Ridge get to practice since their clock for spring practice started almost two weeks ago???
the whole two weeks
Good luck Coach Thacker.
i think that things are starting to turn around for the warriors.the other day in the football meeting they were at least 50 or more kids there.i dont know in they will stick with it or not, thats not counting all the freshmen that are coming up.
my opinion about coach branham should be said on here but to make a long story short he is by far the worst coach in the history of football...he would call plays that would never exist so we would call our own plays as the game went on...good luck next year coach thacker, i wish i could play again
Bigstick08 Wrote:my opinion about coach branham should be said on here but to make a long story short he is by far the worst coach in the history of football...he would call plays that would never exist so we would call our own plays as the game went on...good luck next year coach thacker, i wish i could play again

THat being said thats why you probally got your heads kicked in last year....Play what you practice not what you draw in the dirt......Bill Parcells couldnt help you guys with the attitude and all the pre season butt whippens you all precalaim to administer...Other than Phelps I dont know if you have a legit shot at beating anybody next year......Coacg B never had a chance......I hope the gurus at ER are happy.....
footballnut Wrote:THat being said thats why you probally got your heads kicked in last year....Play what you practice not what you draw in the dirt......Bill Parcells couldnt help you guys with the attitude and all the pre season butt whippens you all precalaim to administer...Other than Phelps I dont know if you have a legit shot at beating anybody next year......Coacg B never had a chance......I hope the gurus at ER are happy.....

Go ahead and blame it on the players.Rolleyes

Coach B was a joke.

Everyone knows it.:mad:
What is Joey Thackers previous coaching experience? Why won't he be at the first football practice?
I believe he has been an Offensive Cordinator at Franklin County for a few years. He used to play high school ball for Elkhorn City in the 90's I believe...Not entirly sure though.
p_casey#21 Wrote:i think that things are starting to turn around for the warriors.the other day in the football meeting they were at least 50 or more kids there.i dont know in they will stick with it or not, thats not counting all the freshmen that are coming up.

It takes more than a bunch of kids at a football meeting to have a good team, trust me.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Go ahead and blame it on the players.Rolleyes

Coach B was a joke.

Everyone knows it.:mad:

Coach's cant go on the field and play for them.....you read the same stuff everybody else does...they need to start showing more on the field and less on this message board..
well a good coach has alot to do with the success of the program..i dont see why your takin p for him the only good thing he done at ER is resign..he ruined 6 talented seniors year...i wouldnt recommend him to a little league team he was a joke and will never be called a coach in my book...
Any word on who his assistants are going to be besides Steve Taylor and Robert Kiser?
I know Coach Thacker and I know that he will get the most out of his players. I don't think there will be a problem with the players playing hard. He seems to know the game pretty good too. Good luck Coach Thacker.
warriorpride Wrote:Any word on who his assistants are going to be besides Steve Taylor and Robert Kiser?

I think Brent Belcher will be a great assett to the coaching staff. He really knows his stuff, and will have the line rocking.
p_casey#21 Wrote:i think that things are starting to turn around for the warriors.the other day in the football meeting they were at least 50 or more kids there.i dont know in they will stick with it or not, thats not counting all the freshmen that are coming up.

they aren't turning around. the powers did another "under the table" coaching deal, just like last year, which ruined my brothers season. IF Thacker takes it, he is going to have to contend with being a puppet for one of his :assistants" that has been dying to break in to high school football for years, and finally gets an opportunity, not based on coaching knowledgre, but on his position. It is politics as usual.

And Tony Franklin himself could come and run the system, but without the talent, it ain't gonna go.

I wish my friends the best, but untill they actually search for a coach outside the clique, it is gonna stay the same.
if thats who i think it is"brent belcher" he soesnt know much either. just talkin to him makes me laugh...i played football and the program was a joke...iu played for 12 straight years of football and my little league program was better...ER needs someone who will stick with it
Well why dont you coach them since you know everything there is to know about football? Im sure every play you'd call would be for touchdowns, and nobody in the state of Kentucky would come within 60 points of East Ridge. Grow up and quit blaming your **** poor attitude AND performance on Coach Branham. Branham never had a chance at ER, and you blew any and all chances you had to do something with your senior year with your attitude. And if you had another year to play, you'd blow this year too by finding something or someone to blame everything on.
Bigstick08 Wrote:if thats who i think it is"brent belcher" he soesnt know much either. just talkin to him makes me laugh...i played football and the program was a joke...iu played for 12 straight years of football and my little league program was better...ER needs someone who will stick with it
xwarrior Wrote:I think Brent Belcher will be a great assett to the coaching staff. He really knows his stuff, and will have the line rocking.

He was on the middle school staff wasnt he? I think he might have helped out with Freshman games too but Im not sure.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well why dont you coach them since you know everything there is to know about football? Im sure every play you'd call would be for touchdowns, and nobody in the state of Kentucky would come within 60 points of East Ridge. Grow up and quit blaming your **** poor attitude AND performance on Coach Branham. Branham never had a chance at ER, and you blew any and all chances you had to do something with your senior year with your attitude. And if you had another year to play, you'd blow this year too by finding something or someone to blame everything on.

Amen Brother.......:Thumbs:
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well why dont you coach them since you know everything there is to know about football? Im sure every play you'd call would be for touchdowns, and nobody in the state of Kentucky would come within 60 points of East Ridge. Grow up and quit blaming your **** poor attitude AND performance on Coach Branham. Branham never had a chance at ER, and you blew any and all chances you had to do something with your senior year with your attitude. And if you had another year to play, you'd blow this year too by finding something or someone to blame everything on.

maybe i will..i gave everything i had in every game i played in...im just sayin he sucks and dont know what hes doin..so keep your mouth shut i know how that program is.i played for 4 years...its not goin nowhere unless they get someone that knows what their talkin about.. its sad when you play for three different coaches in 4 years...hes awful and everyone that played will agree even the parents and every senior..so shut it
CLOSED!

Feel free to start another thread to congratulate the new coach but please be reminded that this is a NEW coach and the one that is no longer should not be discussed!