Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best fields to play on?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Besides the huge football fields up in Louisville and Lexington, what are some of the best fields to play in in EKY?

Somerset's field has to be mentioned. Also Belfry's(hopefully play there next playoffs), Pikeville, SV, LCC, JC, and the rest of the turf fields.
Belfry was really awesome when we played a JV game there a couple of years ago.
Well of course all Turf Fields are nice, but what are some nice natual grass fields?
kcc has a pretty nice natrual grass feild since they have worked on it.
Any of the artificial turf fields, but the best grass/sod fields I've seen were Prestonsburg, DuPont Manuel, Paintsville, and Ashland's. But when those fields get wet they tend to get quite muddy.
Prestonsburg looks real good at the beginning of the season.
Somerset has to have one of the top fields in the state. It's is extremely nice and the field is top notch.
Ashland's field is a nice field.
As nice as Pikeville's turf is, I always liked the grass field at the beginning of the season. Now....mid-season when it's raining and muddy...not so much.

Somerset does have a nice field as well.
Belfry is the nicest field as far as artificial goes....real grass,, I would have to say Daniel Field at Hazard is the nicest followed by Clay co. and Somerset...
As for grass fields:

Ashland's field is nice as far as grass goes until it gets wet for a week or so and then it gets sloppy for the rest of the season.

Russell's grass field is great to play on, though I always wished the grass were about 3/4 of an inch shorter. Perhaps the upgrade to bermuda will help with that this season. In either case it will be an upgrade if well kept.

I always liked playing at Magoffin County as well. The field was decent, but what I really liked about this field as a player was that you could hear your own team's play calls in the huddle so you'd know what to be watching for well before it happened.
lexington christian field. hazard also has a good field and somerset, not been to belfry but heard their field was amazing
some of the best fields that i have played on would probally be breathitt, pikeville, ashland, belfry, shelby valley and ours at the first of the season. It gets rough towards the end.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Belfry is the nicest field as far as artificial goes....real grass,, I would have to say Daniel Field at Hazard is the nicest followed by Clay co. and Somerset...

Clay County does have a really good natural grass field
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Clay County does have a really good natural grass field

I've played some passing league games on Clay's field before and it's pretty good as well.
KCC has a very nice grass field. Drum does a very good job taking care of it.
#1ukfan Wrote:KCC has a very nice grass field. Drum does a very good job taking care of it.

Ditto
One of the nicest natural grass fields in the state that I have been to is Putnam field in Ashland. They always keep their grass in pristine condition.
umm IMO, the best ones are LCC and Belfry! but i think Belfry's stadium is just amazing!