Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Opening Day!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some it may be later. But monday March 24, 2008...several teams will square off in their first games of the year. Who does your team play? What are your predictions?
Paintsville opens with South Floyd on Monday, LCC on Tue., East Ridge on Thur. and Pike Central on Fri. befor leaving for Florida.
I say Paintsville will win every game they get to play this week.
Opening Day the Dawgs travel to Huntington High.... With Freshman Phenom on the mound Chandler Shepherd.... The Dawgs record in the past 4 years is 3-
Looks good for the Dawgs
3-1 vs Huntington High
Knox Central opens up at Williamsburg monday
The Guru Wrote:Paintsville opens with South Floyd on Monday, LCC on Tue., East Ridge on Thur. and Pike Central on Fri. befor leaving for Florida.
I say Paintsville will win every game they get to play this week.
Will they be playing in the Coco Beach Expo, or in Panama?
Powell County opens up with Montgomery County on Monday. Not sure about the Indians, although I do know they have one heck of a coach in Gene Combs. I'm sure he'll have his players ready. It should be a good first game for both teams, I know both are biting at the bit to hit the diamond.
SV opens with Belfry - but the game has been moved to BHS b/c SV's field is in no shape to play! I hear they are getting it "re-covered" however - that is once the BOE gets there to do it! :-) I've seen the field, and its a big mud bog between first and second. The new home opener for the Wildcats is Thursday, 3/27 against Matewan. As for the Belfry game, SV stands a good chance if they can put some offense together. Defense looked great in their 1-0 loss to Letcher Central (scrimmage), but no runs scored is still no runs scored. I'm sure that Coach Slone will most likely start Varney - he pitched 4 2/3 innings of shut-out ball against LCC, and the 1 run given up was unearned.
Godspeed Wrote:Powell County opens up with Montgomery County on Monday. Not sure about the Indians, although I do know they have one heck of a coach in Gene Combs. I'm sure he'll have his players ready. It should be a good first game for both teams, I know both are biting at the bit to hit the diamond.

Gene Combs is one of the premier coaches in the state. He can motivate a slug if you give it a bat. He is definetly a top 5 pick for best coaches in the state of Kentucky.
Godspeed Wrote:Will they be playing in the Coco Beach Expo, or in Panama?
They will be playing at Seminole HS in the Clearwater area. I think they are the only team outside of Fl in it. I also heard that a couple of Top teams from the Sunshine State were in it.
The Guru Wrote:They will be playing at Seminole HS in the Clearwater area. I think they are the only team outside of Fl in it. I also heard that a couple of Top teams from the Sunshine State were in it.

They should definetly have a good winning streak going into spring break though. Hopefully they play some tall cotton down south.
Estill opens up with Knott Central, at Knott County.
We were at the field today, lining the outfield foul lines, cutting grass, edging the infield and etc. Getting ready for the fist pitch of 2008!!! I loved smelling that fresh cut grass so much I went home and cut my own!!! I am getting pumped!!! I think I'll go take a nap now! LOL
The Guru Wrote:We were at the field today, lining the outfield foul lines, cutting grass, edging the infield and etc. Getting ready for the fist pitch of 2008!!! I loved smelling that fresh cut grass so much I went home and cut my own!!! I am getting pumped!!! I think I'll go take a nap now! LOL

I know what you mean! That first month when it only gets to be at about 70, and especially when you go down south for spring break. That is always great baseball atmosphere.
Prestonsburg Vs Morgan Co. I'll take Prestonsburg 3-1
OMG Wrote:Gene Combs is one of the premier coaches in the state. He can motivate a slug if you give it a bat. He is definetly a top 5 pick for best coaches in the state of Kentucky.
Agreed!!!
The Guru Wrote:They will be playing at Seminole HS in the Clearwater area. I think they are the only team outside of Fl in it. I also heard that a couple of Top teams from the Sunshine State were in it.
Well good luck to Paintsville, Represent the bluegrass well!!!
mic_man Wrote:SV opens with Belfry - but the game has been moved to BHS b/c SV's field is in no shape to play! I hear they are getting it "re-covered" however - that is once the BOE gets there to do it! :-) I've seen the field, and its a big mud bog between first and second. The new home opener for the Wildcats is Thursday, 3/27 against Matewan. As for the Belfry game, SV stands a good chance if they can put some offense together. Defense looked great in their 1-0 loss to Letcher Central (scrimmage), but no runs scored is still no runs scored. I'm sure that Coach Slone will most likely start Varney - he pitched 4 2/3 innings of shut-out ball against LCC, and the 1 run given up was unearned.

Workers from the Pike Co. BOE are hard at work at SV getting the field in shape. So far, so good - it looks GREAT!