Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: March 24th-Perry Central vs. Allen Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Opening game of the season for the Rebels what are your thoughts?
Perry Central 3-2
I look for AC to struggle in this opening game. Six of AC's returning starters got a late start because of basketball. Two of their returning starters are out due to injury. I don't think AC has seen much time on the field because of rain and sharing the field with BLHS. I'm sure they will give it 100%- I just look for the Rebels to struggle. With 6 games between March 24 and March 31 AC will be forced to get it together fast.

Good Luck next week Rebels!!
Perry Central 12----allen Central 2---5 Innings
I look for a good start from the Commodores.

PCC 11
AC 1
5 Innings
I'm not sure how AC will do under the new coach just yet, but they definitely have the talent to play with and beat Perry Central. However, with the ? of how they will respond looming I pick the Commodores.

PC 9
AC 2
Little is injured who's the other?
I heard little was cleared to play on a DH role, but not to throw yet is that true?
Little will DH. Josh Prater broke his hand in the 15th region tourney vs. JCHS. Prater is expected to be released in just a couple of weeks.
That will hurt their outfeild alot. That leaves Hammonds as the only original starter in the outfeild.
Perry Central.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:That will hurt their outfeild alot. That leaves Hammonds as the only original starter in the outfeild.

Justin Jackson saw quite a bit of playing time in the outfield last season. Little would DH and Jackson played the field. Prater also saw a lot of time at SS last season.
Perry Central in five innings....12-2
gotcha2 Wrote:Justin Jackson saw quite a bit of playing time in the outfield last season. Little would DH and Jackson played the field. Prater also saw a lot of time at SS last season.

Either way they lose a starter. They also lose their best 2 pitchers.
Even with Little and Prater not pitching they still have some good starters left. Logan Crowder, Alex Hammonds and some more sophmores that will see time on the hill this year.

So I will go with my Rebels in this one
Ac-7
Pc-5
Knockoutking Wrote:Even with Little and Prater not pitching they still have some good starters left. Logan Crowder, Alex Hammonds and some more sophmores that will see time on the hill this year.

So I will go with my Rebels in this one
Ac-7
Pc-5

No way they beat PCC. No way! This will be a 5 inning game
Of course your going to take your Rebels lol But even though they have decent starters left they don't have there good starters which makes a lot of difference I think. Wouldn't you agree?
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:Of course your going to take your Rebels lol But even though they have decent starters left they don't have there good starters which makes a lot of difference I think. Wouldn't you agree?

I don't think it would matter if they had their main starters or not, they are still not going to beat PCC.
Yeah. I agree with you there. PCC is a very good team.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:Yeah. I agree with you there. PCC is a very good team.

I mean they lost a few kids last year like Couch, but they still have Brandon Napier, who is one of the top 50 prospects in the state, and Allen Central just doesn't have anyone that can match up with their guys. PCC will kill them.
I wouldn't dismiss the Rebels that easy fellas. Granted, they won't have Little on the hill, but they still have a lot talent, and these guys won 16 games last season being mostly freshman led. With Logan Crowder or Alex Hammonds giving a good pitching performance, and these 2 are very capable, AC could very well win this game. The talent for this team is there. My question is how well prepared they are under the new coaching staff, and if they have been working hard, then this team could be a big sleeper.
BaseballMan Wrote:I wouldn't dismiss the Rebels that easy fellas. Granted, they won't have Little on the hill, but they still have a lot talent, and these guys won 16 games last season being mostly freshman led. With Logan Crowder or Alex Hammonds giving a good pitching performance, and these 2 are very capable, AC could very well win this game. The talent for this team is there. My question is how well prepared they are under the new coaching staff, and if they have been working hard, then this team could be a big sleeper.

The reason they won 16 games was because they played nobody the entire year. Here is who they beat last year..Pikeville, East Ridge, Prestonsburg, East Ridge, Betsy Layne, Prestonsburg(again), South Floyd(twice), Betsy Layne(again), June Buchanan, Phelps, Cawood, June Buchanan(again), Buckhorn, South Floyd(again), Prestonsburg(again), and Pike Central.

Now you tell me out of those teams which one is actually a good team?
OMG Wrote:The reason they won 16 games was because they played nobody the entire year. Here is who they beat last year..Pikeville, East Ridge, Prestonsburg, East Ridge, Betsy Layne, Prestonsburg(again), South Floyd(twice), Betsy Layne(again), June Buchanan, Phelps, Cawood, June Buchanan(again), Buckhorn, South Floyd(again), Prestonsburg(again), and Pike Central.

Now you tell me out of those teams which one is actually a good team?
I would also guess that Little won about 10 of those games.
dugout Wrote:I would also guess that Little won about 10 of those games.

I would guess more than that. That's probably why he had to have surgery.
I would guess you'd be wrong. From what I understand Little won 9 games last season and had zero no decisions. That would mean he pitched in 9 games and probably came in for relief in about 4 others. So he pitched in about 13-14 games out of 34. I'd be willing to bet Shane Grimm from Paintsville pitched just as many innings as Little did last season.

As for the wins, all those are pretty good wins considering AC played freshman in the majority of the lineup. Plus, look at the postseason, in how those wins turned into confidence when that young AC group nearly knocked out Lawrence County in the regional semifinals.
BaseballMan Wrote:I would guess you'd be wrong. From what I understand Little won 9 games last season and had zero no decisions. That would mean he pitched in 9 games and probably came in for relief in about 4 others. So he pitched in about 13-14 games out of 34. I'd be willing to bet Shane Grimm from Paintsville pitched just as many innings as Little did last season.

As for the wins, all those are pretty good wins considering AC played freshman in the majority of the lineup. Plus, look at the postseason, in how those wins turned into confidence when that young AC group nearly knocked out Lawrence County in the regional semifinals.

None of those wins were quality wins. Not one of them. LC was up the whole game.
It was tied 4-4 in the 6th inning if I remember correctly. Then AC made about 4-5 errors in the 6th and gave up 4 runs. Final score was 8-4 and that's what KHSAA has for it.
BaseballMan Wrote:It was tied 4-4 in the 6th inning if I remember correctly. Then AC made about 4-5 errors in the 6th and gave up 4 runs. Final score was 8-4 and that's what KHSAA has for it.

Haha that's not at all how it went, but that's fine you can think that. LC won 8-4 and i'll agree Allen Central took advantage of them not playing good, but never once do I think LC wasn't in control of this game.