Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Throwers in the Mountains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know Clay Elliot and Dusty Khoshreza from Pikeville are very good throwers both throwing over 100 in disc and over 35 in shot last meet..who else will be good this year?
Prestonsburg always has some good throwers. Knox does well also.
There was a meet in Lawrence County last night and the top 4 shot put throwers at the meet were from Johnson Central on the boys side. They should have a good season this year
MaroonMonsoon77 Wrote:I know Clay Elliot and Dusty Khoshreza from Pikeville are very good throwers both throwing over 100 in disc and over 35 in shot last meet..who else will be good this year?
Not trying to be negative, but those numbers are not very good. Descent numbers are 120 plus on discus and 40 plus on shot.
The Galloping Ghost Wrote:Not trying to be negative, but those numbers are not very good. Descent numbers are 120 plus on discus and 40 plus on shot.

Yeah but this is the beginning of the year... No one is at their peak until regionals, even throwers and jumpers. 35 for the first meet is pretty good. If you throw 35 at regionals now then you need some help...
True about the 35, but these kids are 1-A and the competion isnt as steep, but i agree they need to get better. Dusty Khoshreza is also just a sophmore, and Ben Staggs (a freshman from Pikeville) also hit the 100 feet plato on discus also. Both these kids have great potenital.
MaroonMonsoon77 Wrote:True about the 35, but these kids are 1-A and the competion isnt as steep, but i agree they need to get better. Dusty Khoshreza is also just a sophmore, and Ben Staggs (a freshman from Pikeville) also hit the 100 feet plato on discus also. Both these kids have great potenital.
Lol you would know..Smile
I would know you Paintsville Tiger Fan hahaha
MaroonMonsoon77 Wrote:I would know you Paintsville Tiger Fan hahaha
That's dirty..lol
Therunner Wrote:Yeah but this is the beginning of the year... No one is at their peak until regionals, even throwers and jumpers. 35 for the first meet is pretty good. If you throw 35 at regionals now then you need some help...

i disagree about 35 at regionals. cause depending on year of school that could be awesome cause my 2nd year throwing shot i ended up throwing sub 30 at regionals and my next year i was only 2 inches from state with a 41 10 throw
I was at a Middle School meet yesterday and a kid from Boyd Co threw 99 feet for first place. I think he is in 7th grade. Great job...
Justin Selby-Boyd countyConfusedhot put 44-10.2, discus 126-00.2
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Justin Selby-Boyd countyConfusedhot put 44-10.2, discus 126-00.2

Awesome nunmbers shot is really good for AA if he dont win region or make it to state ill be suprised