Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jackson County hires new coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Clay Dalton is apparently the new coach at JCHS.
What happened to old Coach?
He resigned.
That seems to be a little quick about resigning and hiring, anyone got any input on this.
He did a pretty good job there, would be a good hire for somebody.
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:That seems to be a little quick about resigning and hiring, anyone got any input on this.
Yea...They wont hire anyone from out of the area....There is noway that anyone from Jackson County is ready to be a head coach...Its kinda hard to learn a sport in 2 years that you have never seen, coached, or played before....I dont think they care a lot about their football program....If they did they would bring someone in and let them bring a staff with them...If they dont do this soon I see their program folding in the next year or so....Hate to say it but its true....If they dont get someone in there they will lose every game for the next year....20+ will be the lowest they lose by....I feel sorry for those kids.
Just wanted to clear up things on my last post....I meant nothing towards Clay because I am sure that he will do the best he can and really try...Im sure that he probably didnt even want the job lbut like I said they wont bring anyone in and he had to take it...He is one of the best people you will ever meet...The only thing I was saying is that it is really hard to be a head coach in that short of time...You at least need to be a coordinator for a few years....My post was clearly for someone who has had some bad things to say about me and another specific person in the past....I know the rumors that have been said so I figured I would let some truth out...Watch who ya talk about:Thumbs:
TarHeel_Fan15 Wrote:Just wanted to clear up things on my last post....I meant nothing towards Clay because I am sure that he will do the best he can and really try...Im sure that he probably didnt even want the job lbut like I said they wont bring anyone in and he had to take it...He is one of the best people you will ever meet...The only thing I was saying is that it is really hard to be a head coach in that short of time...You at least need to be a coordinator for a few years....My post was clearly for someone who has had some bad things to say about me and another specific person in the past....I know the rumors that have been said so I figured I would let some truth out...Watch who ya talk about:Thumbs:

Wow, could this be why the coaching staff isn't there now due to rumors? I thought Jackson County kids played hard and were coached pretty well despite being a second year program.

I wish Jackson County and Clay Dalton - new staff the best to come.
does jc have any football facilities yet?
SLHSCard Wrote:does jc have any football facilities yet?

I am not sure, but heard from a person from Jackson County they are working on a field.