Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Blaine Elem mystery illness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been reported that 12 kids at Blaine Elem School in Lawrence Co have suddenly became sick while at school. EMS and Fire Units are on there way to the school. Follow up as they come in.
Was it after lunch. I wonder if it could be food poisoning?
Well it was reported that they were throwing up and Short of Breath. Two are critical from what I am hearing.
That don't sound like food poisoning to me.

Hope everyone is going to be OK.
Yea EMS is on the scene and thats all I can advise at this time.
Looks like there only going to have a total of about 7 kids now.
The shortness of breath could have been from too much vomiting.

It does sound like food poisoning, esp. if it came after lunchtime.
Could also be an asthma attack, but that's unlikely unless they all had asthma and then there was the power of persuasion.

1/3 of asthma attacks are caused mentally/psychologically.
Well all I can tell you is that they all went through Decontamination three times. Before being transported to the ER. Which that is just safe guards when there not sure what they are dealing with.

And they did have 12 kids that went to the hospital.
I sure hope that everyone is okay.
Paintsville EMS had to come and assist. Some students were taken to Paul B.Hall and some to TRMC,
Should have went to Kings Daughters,, I hope that they are okay.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Should have went to Kings Daughters,, I hope that they are okay.

I think they are required to take them to the closest hospital. TRMC is very close but I don't have any idea where the other one is.
Well all I know is they have the ER shut down because of the students brought there. And as far as time wise from Blaine to Paintsville is about the same as to TRMC,
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/16819486.html

BLAINE, Ky. (WSAZ) -- Emergency crews are investigating a mystery illness at Blaine Elementary in Lawrence County, Kentucky.
Barbara Hall, the family resource officer at the school, says students in a 5th grade classroom had an allergic reaction to something.
Hall says there were 22 students in the room.
Lawrence County 911 says 15 students have now been taken to 2 local hospitals with breathing problems and a rash.
A reporter at the Big Sandy News says a decontamination area has been set-up at Three Rivers Medical Center for the 9 students and 2 adults taken to that hospital.
No word on any of their conditions.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Should have went to Kings Daughters,, I hope that they are okay.

Yea probably because they are more ready to handle a situation like this. But time wise its close from the school to go to Paintsville or Louisa hospitals.
Hmm, possibly asbestos?

IDK, this sounds really strange.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Hmm, possibly asbestos?

IDK, this sounds really strange.

I doubt it was asbestos. It sounds more like some chemicals got mixed somewhere some how is what may have caused it but still no word as of yet as to what did cause it.
Any knew word on this? Schools back in session today with no real word of what the problem was. Kinda scary...