Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Does anybody garden?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if anyone on here raises a garden? if so, what do you raise?

I plant a little bit of just about everything; peas, potatos, green beans, onions, cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, different kinds of peppers, cucumbers, & corn. This year I'm going to try watermelon, sweet potatos, and cantaloupe as well.
Last year was the first year that I really grew my own garden. I was like you...just planted a little of everything. I planted alot of tomatoes, corn, and potatoes (those are my favorites!). I also planted beans, cabbage, and peppers. I tried to grow some canteloupes last year, but they all died! I'm definately planting again this year! I thought it would be alot of hard work, but I really enjoyed it!
Sometimes gardening can be a nerve stimulator... or in other words ..... something that you can use to calm yourself... Smile

My grandmother used to garden all the time until she wasn't able to do it anymore.... boy oh boy can I remember having to pull weeds away from onions and potatoes!!
phs1986 Wrote:Sometimes gardening can be a nerve stimulator... or in other words ..... something that you can use to calm yourself... Smile

My grandmother used to garden all the time until she wasn't able to do it anymore.... boy oh boy can I remember having to pull weeds away from onions and potatoes!!

That's why I do it. It has a relaxing calming effect on people. One of the best hobbies you can do with your signifcant othter.
The Sniper Wrote:That's why I do it. It has a relaxing calming effect on people. One of the best hobbies you can do with your signifcant othter.
Oh yes,yes it is.
Pizza-Head-Wyatt!!!