Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Next Level- 15th region.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
who are some players getting recruited by colleges this year so far in the 15th region?
Well there are a couple who have already signed. There a bunch who haven't though.

Lawrence County High School
Jeff Cyrus-Pikeville College
Brad Laney-Pikeville College
Timmy Hayes-University of Louisville
Lewis Michael-not yet signed

Paintsville High School
Shane Grimm-not signed
J.D. Vanhoose-not signed
Corey Humphrey-not signed
Travis Ison-not signed

Belfry High School
Tyler Dotson-not signed

Other than these guy i'm not quit sure. If you have any to add please do. Kimball you'll have to help on the ones from Johnson Central because i'm not real sure on the ones who are wanting to play at the next level, and who are seniors.
OMG Wrote:Well there are a couple who have already signed. There a bunch who haven't though.

Lawrence County High School
Jeff Cyrus-Pikeville College
Brad Laney-Pikeville College
Timmy Hayes-University of Louisville
Lewis Michael-not yet signed

Paintsville High School
Shane Grimm-not signed
J.D. Vanhoose-not signed
Corey Humphrey-not signed
Travis Ison-not signed

Belfry High School
Tyler Dotson-not signed

Other than these guy i'm not quit sure. If you have any to add please do. Kimball you'll have to help on the ones from Johnson Central because i'm not real sure on the ones who are wanting to play at the next level, and who are seniors.
I dont think anyone from JC this year.
Pikeville High School
J.D. McCoy - Bluefield College
IRISH4 Wrote:Pikeville High School
J.D. McCoy - Bluefield College

Is there anyone else from Pikeville who has a shot this year of playing at the next level?
Josh Rodebaugh could play at the next level.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:Josh Rodebaugh could play at the next level.

I have heard that as well, and I have heard that he couldn't. Personally I haven't seen him play. I would love to find out if he could though. Is he Alice Loyd material or is he Cumberland material?
I think he is Alice Lloyd material. The reason is that he is a very smart hitter. Gets on base very well. His feilding is decent. I dont think he will be pitching at the next level though.
blackcat_mvp6 Wrote:I think he is Alice Lloyd material. The reason is that he is a very smart hitter. Gets on base very well. His feilding is decent. I dont think he will be pitching at the next level though.

Ok that gives me a little better description of his ability anyway.
OMG Wrote:I have heard that as well, and I have heard that he couldn't. Personally I haven't seen him play. I would love to find out if he could though. Is he Alice Loyd material or is he Cumberland material?

Cumberland material? Not quite sure I understand where you are going with that question or how you are making comparisons. Are you trying to compare one end of the spectrum to the other?

Right now Cumberland is the #1 team in the Mid South with an 18-3 record, and could lay a whoopin on many D1 programs. This is also without their #1 pitcher , who was hurt badly in a car accident during the Christmas break. They currently still have 2 pitchers and possibly a position player that more than likely will be drafted this year. There are scouts at just about every game keeping watch. The last I saw Alice Lloyd was winless so far.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Cumberland material? Not quite sure I understand where you are going with that question or how you are making comparisons. Are you trying to compare one end of the spectrum to the other?

Right now Cumberland is the #1 team in the Mid South with an 18-3 record, and could lay a whoopin on many D1 programs. This is also without their #1 pitcher , who was hurt badly in a car accident during the Christmas break. They currently still have 2 pitchers and possibly a position player that more than likely will be drafted this year. There are scouts at just about every game keeping watch. The last I saw Alice Lloyd was winless so far.

What? If you would pay attention to the post the reason I picked those two teams is because Cumberland is so good, and Alice Loyd is obviously not. So that would be a good idea of where the kid could play. I know if he says Alice Loyd then he couldn't play for Cumberland. It was a compliment to Cumberland I don't know why your getting so bent out of shape about it. I am very well aware of Cumberland and their history in baseball as well as alot of other schools as we have talked about before. I respect you opinion, or I would never have shared with you some of the things that I have. It was a compliment to Cumberland. They are a great program with good quality kids, and the future looks to be the same as well.
OMG Wrote:What? If you would pay attention to the post the reason I picked those two teams is because Cumberland is so good, and Alice Loyd is obviously not. So that would be a good idea of where the kid could play. I know if he says Alice Loyd then he couldn't play for Cumberland. It was a compliment to Cumberland I don't know why your getting so bent out of shape about it. I am very well aware of Cumberland and their history in baseball as well as alot of other schools as we have talked about before. I respect you opinion, or I would never have shared with you some of the things that I have. It was a compliment to Cumberland. They are a great program with good quality kids, and the future looks to be the same as well.
Obviously you are taking me wrong. Boy, I apparently come across wrong on here sometimes. I just wasn't exactly sure if that was indeed what you were trying to imply. I assumed that it was. I wasn't bent out of shape by any means. I was only going the extra step in defining what the difference in the two programs were at this point in time to the rest of our members on here and where you were probably coming from, is all. All is well here.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Obviously you are taking me wrong. Boy, I apparently come across wrong on here sometimes. I just wasn't exactly sure if that was indeed what you were trying to imply. I assumed that it was. I wasn't bent out of shape by any means. I was only going the extra step in defining what the difference in the two programs were at this point in time to the rest of our members on here and where you were probably coming from, is all. All is well here.

Well that's okay I guess I just took it wrong then, but it sounded like you were questioning me on the subject. Which is fine, but I just thought you had misunderstood me. Everythings cleared up and fine now though. Cumberland=good program, Alice Loyd=sub-par program. haha