Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bears in Prestonsburg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

BallaBaby

Tonight there were 2 bears behind Long John Silvers, and Sam Antonio's in Prestonsburg. Me, Basketballer, 15thRegionCrazy, and Cats Fan watched as the cops and Park Rangers tried to catch them. Everyone was pulling in to watch!!!
Yeah, they are returning wildlife to the hills. They have released Deer, Moose, Wild Turkeys, Bears and several other types into Eastern Kentucky. None of the animals are really dangerous.....Just don't feed the Bears !
THere were always black bears in the mountains around my house growing up. I grew up in near Wheelwright. They always got into the garbage and would drive every dog in the neighborhood nuts..

The turkeys are are already thick up that way can been for a while.

Also there are several wildcats.
They said it was 6 feet tall and weighed around 160 lbs..
Long Johns could have sold tickets for parking so many people came to see lol
This was something very exciting for Prestonsburg lol..
Everyone tried to get a look.. we should have bought some fish from long johns and tried to catch it lol
Wonder if they gave free bear rides?
All those years i lived in P-burg, the only thing they returned to the mountains was Elk. and over on Abbott Creek (my old stomping grounds) they were ridiculous over there. every morning me and my Dad would go out and watch them.