Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What to do in Lexington?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anybody got any special things that they like to do while in Lexington........besides watching the Cats, or in this case, The Tigers play basketball?

Good Luck PHS & Coach Runyon!
I would say that woud depend on if you are married or single.........Confusedhh: Big Grin
In the Civic Center at Rupp is the UK Basketball Museum, good for any age

Again, what age group are you referring to?
There are plenty of things to do if your in Lexington. Plenty of theater's. Hustler Hollywood(HAHA), Kids Place(very fun,younger kids). If you want to catch up on some hitting, Champions batting cage's are on Nicholasville road. Fayette Mall. There's plenty of stuff to do. But with all the basketball excitement I'd say everything will be centered towards Rupp.
The UK basketball museum should definitely be a place worth stopping while you're in Lexington. Also you've got the mall for the whole family (stop by ****'s Sporting Goods), places like Kids Place and Chuck E. Cheese for the kids, and some other places for entertainment for the adults (not mentioning any places). But all in all, I would live in Rupp for the whole tournament.
Redneck knows some mighty fun and fancy places to frequent. He likes those places where not only good entertainment, they play fun games!!!!:girlwink:
22lb Bass Wrote:Redneck knows some mighty fun and fancy places to frequent. He likes those places where not only good entertainment, they play fun games!!!!:girlwink:
:thumpsup: You know it. I'm hopn they'll have another "special guest" next week :blonded:
Redneck Wrote::thumpsup: You know it. I'm hopn they'll have another "special guest" next week :blonded:

ROFLMFAOBig Grin
I keep that picture safely locked up in my briefcase, lol, it goes wherever I go.
I have Deja Vu about Platinum all the time......................
NEXT Wrote:I have Deja Vu about Platinum all the time......................

Smile That's a good one.
hamburg is a good place to go ............plenty of shopping and plenty of good food
Shop, eat, drink, and the things that Redneck mentioned is about it. It's just an average college town, not a tourist destination or anything.
alfus21 Wrote:Shop, eat, drink, and the things that Redneck mentioned is about it. It's just an average college town, not a tourist destination or anything.

Hey Alf, is LazerQuest still in business.
Redneck Wrote:Hey Alf, is LazerQuest still in business.

I don't think so, I haven't heard of anything like that around in a while.
alfus21 Wrote:I don't think so, I haven't heard of anything like that around in a while.

That sucks. Last time me and the boys went we were like 19 and got into it with a bunch of 12-14 year olds, lol. If anybody has been there and played Lazer Tag, you know what I'm talkin about.
formerwildcat22 Wrote:The UK basketball museum should definitely be a place worth stopping while you're in Lexington. Also you've got the mall for the whole family (stop by ****'s Sporting Goods), places like Kids Place and Chuck E. Cheese for the kids, and some other places for entertainment for the adults (not mentioning any places). But all in all, I would live in Rupp for the whole tournament.
OMG I remember going in Chucky Cheese like 10-15 years ago and it was huge, so I went in there last year when I lived in lexington, Horrible. Gatti-Land is much better.
Hey Redneck, what was that came called that was mentioned? It had something to do with bouncing this little ball off of something and trying to bank it into a cup? Please explain, I forgot the details.
Lol, well you roll a dollar bill up into a lil ball and then you..... If I explained the rest, that would prolly be the final straw for ole Redneck on here, lol.
LOL...the KY Horse Park. that's in Lexington right? Or the race track. Shop, eat, shop some more, clubs, bowling, movies, look at cars....about the same things to do in Pikeville
Redneck Wrote:That sucks. Last time me and the boys went we were like 19 and got into it with a bunch of 12-14 year olds, lol. If anybody has been there and played Lazer Tag, you know what I'm talkin about.

Yeah, that was a very fun place. I liked it!! And as for stuff to do in Lex, one word. PARTY!!!!!!!
For those who love southern rock/country music, The Southern Storm Band will have two shows this weekend in Lex durin the Sweet Sixteen.

Friday March 21 - Cadillac Ranch 8p.m.
Saturday March 22 - Copperhead's 8p.m.

If any of you have heard these guys, they are great. One of my good friends, Cody Branham from Pburg plays bass and back-up vocals. The lead guitarist, Roger, is orginally from Belfry, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Their music is great, they play some remakes but mostly their own stuff, they put on a great show.