Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Xbox 360 Arcade Console?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whats the diff than a reg. 360 besides the hard drive, does anyone have a arcade one or anything. Whats everyones thoughts on these, are they worth buying. Any info on theses would be nice.

You can still play online with this one cant you?
Takin from C/net

The Xbox 360 Arcade is the entry-level model in Microsoft's game console lineup. It replaces the original Xbox 360 Core console and features add-ins not found in the Core. Priced at $280, the Arcade comes with a wireless controller, a 256MB memory card, an HDMI output port, and five Xbox LIVE Arcade games. Unlike the step-up Xbox 360 "Pro" (20GB, $350) and Xbox 360 Elite (120GB, $450), no hard drive is included with the Xbox 360 Arcade. As a result, in its default out-of-the-box configuration, the Xbox 360 Arcade's limited storage capacity precludes it from being able to play original Xbox games and download most content (such as demos and videos) from Xbox Live's online Marketplace.
We cannot fully recommend the Xbox 360 Arcade for the fact that it is missing a hard drive--somewhat of a must-have accessory for the console if you're interesting in saving game progress or playing original Xbox games. The 256MB memory card is not what we'd call an ample amount of space as the included five Arcade games will be taking up most of that. While add-on hard drives can be purchased for the Xbox 360 Arcade in 20GB ($100) and 120GB ($180) capacities, the combined price of each ($380 and $460, respectively) brings the overall cost of the Xbox 360 Arcade to be higher than that of the step-up models. Instead, you should just steer clear of the Xbox 360 Arcade, and invest an extra $70 in the Xbox 360 "Pro" model (which includes the 20GB hard drive). Doing so will give you the real Xbox 360 experience you're looking for--not the needlessly stripped-down offering of the Arcade version.
So you can or cant play online with this one, Can you delete the arcade games that come on it?
To put it quite simply, just buy the Xbox Pro for $350. A 20GB hard drive instead of a memory card is alone worth the money. The "Xbox Arcade" system is a pretty huge rip off.
MVP2 Wrote:So you can or cant play online with this one, Can you delete the arcade games that come on it?

You can play online and i would think that you can delete the games but it really just isnt worth it because you really need that hard drive.
Im not big on games, just wondering. Whats so big bout the Hard Drive? If I did get it all I would play is sports games online so why would I need the Hard drive?
MVP2 Wrote:Im not big on games, just wondering. Whats so big bout the Hard Drive? If I did get it all I would play is sports games online so why would I need the Hard drive?

To save the games. Trust me, it's a rip off. Just get the $350 one if you want an Xbox. Kind of foolish not to in my opinion.
MVP2 Wrote:Im not big on games, just wondering. Whats so big bout the Hard Drive? If I did get it all I would play is sports games online so why would I need the Hard drive?

Well if all your gonna be doin is playin sports games then the memory card should be enough. If not you can always get another.