Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top EKY QB's in 08!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what are some good qb's this year in EKY?
Andrew Elkins (Belfry), Charlie Banks(LCC), possibly Aaron McGuire(PCC). Those were a few off the top of my head.
Tyler Olinger from Hazard, and Zack Lewis from Clay Co....
andrew elkins(belfry)
Charlie Banks @ LCC!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Charlie Banks @ LCC!

:thumpsup:
Tyler Olinger, Zach Lewis, heck im even going to say jordan amis
In no order...

Tyler Olinger - Hazard
Zack Lewis - Clay County
Michael Burchett - Prestonsburg
Andrew Elkins - Belfry
Charlie Banks - Letcher Central
Blake Branham - Pikeville
i dont think that belfry will pass alot next year with ivan lee returning.
A.J. Cordle, Russell. Great arm if they let him use it.
p_casey#21 Wrote:i dont think that belfry will pass alot next year with ivan lee returning.

That's what I was thinking.
Jimmy Joe Morgan- Leslie Co.
Braxton Ratliff- Knott Central.
ricky bowling at south is the best QB in the mountains in '08
elkins
How about the kid from Campbellsville High? He is about 6'4" and is a lefty.
SLHSCard Wrote:ricky bowling at south is the best QB in the mountains in '08

YEA I GUESS THATS WHY OLINGER FROM HAZARD WAS CLASS A PLAYER OF THE YEAR IN THE MOUNTAINS AND PLAYER OF THE YEAR OF ALL CLASSES........
Hunter Adams from Middlesboro, not a passing QB but may be the best run and gun / option QB around.
Devil09 Wrote:A.J. Cordle, Russell. Great arm if they let him use it.

What has A.J. done during a game?
well i watched him on the highlite film run the 8-26 and score. watched him INT some passes on defense,, But I will tell you this,, he does not control his playing time , that is the coaches control, What does he do while he is in ???? OH and since we are at it,, what have you done on the field?????
Just wondering,, anyone can get on here with a STAGE NAME and post anything about anyone.. But be careful when you post about other kids... Remember anyone can read these comments. So what have you done???
Just wondering....
Well IMO I think the Banks kids from LCC is the best hes a flat out stud
Jade Haddix will take Breathitt Co. offense to another level next season. Two year starter on defense and will make the move to both sides of the ball next year.
Elikins really???

Now I think he is a very good football player (a darn good corner), but I mean come on as a QB he is only fair IMO. It dosn't take Peyton Manning to run the Belly and handoff 20-30 times. He is a tough kid who makes good decisions when running belly & option, but Belfry is so good up-front and so athletic in the backfield that even if you miss a read they can still pick up 3-5 yds.

I think he is a darn good high school football player and could play in other systems, but I don't think he is one of the best QB's in the mountains because he is not asked to do much.
Really the best group of signal callers the mountains has seen in a while in my opinion.
1.) Ricky Bowling- South Laurel (If he was a little taller, he go anywhere he wanted)
2.) Charlie Banks- Letcher Central (Made Highlands top 5 toughest players they played against this year list. Thats saying something.)
3.) Tyler Olinger- Hazard (Will light it up with all help coming back)
4.) Zach Lewis- (Lost most of his playmakers)
5A.) Jimmy Joe Morgan- Leslie Co. (Biggest arm on the list, looking for playmakers)
5B.)Hunter Adams-Middlesboro (Athletic and Runs the offense exactly like its supposed to be run.)
I Rule The World Wrote:Really the best group of signal callers the mountains has seen in a while in my opinion.
1.) Ricky Bowling- South Laurel (If he was a little taller, he go anywhere he wanted)
2.) Charlie Banks- Letcher Central (Made Highlands top 5 toughest players they played against this year list. Thats saying something.)
3.) Tyler Olinger- Hazard (Will light it up with all help coming back)
4.) Zach Lewis- (Lost most of his playmakers)
5A.) Jimmy Joe Morgan- Leslie Co. (Biggest arm on the list, looking for playmakers)
5B.)Hunter Adams-Middlesboro (Athletic and Runs the offense exactly like its supposed to be run.)

He could not run because of a pulled hamstring in that game. That is what makes him such a dangerous QB. He threw for 20 TD"s and ran for 20 TD's last year.
Scott Spears for Somerset will be a pretty good one. He is a dual threat QB. He can run and pass.

He just hurt his knee at baseball practice yesterday though. He said they told him it's either a meniscus or an ACL and he has to get an MRI eitehr today or tomorrow. If it's just a meniscus and not a serious one then he will be fine but if it's an ACL then he's pretty much done. Hope it's just a slight meniscus strain and not serious.
State Champs Wrote:Jade Haddix will take Breathitt Co. offense to another level next season. Two year starter on defense and will make the move to both sides of the ball next year.

Any relation to Justin? I'm guessing that its his brother or cousin.
1. Tyler Olinger - Hazard
2. Zach Lewis??? - Clay County
3. Charlie Banks - LCC

Jordan Amis, P-burgs qb, and the kid from Pikeville are also talented...
Blake Branham for Pikeville got a lot of valuable experience last year while Tim was out with an injury.
MaroonMonsoon77 Wrote:Blake Branham for Pikeville got a lot of valuable experience last year while Tim was out with an injury.

I too believe that Blake will be a good one.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Any relation to Justin? I'm guessing that its his brother or cousin.

Brother's I'm pretty sure.
Pages: 1 2