Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th coach of the year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who is it?
Coach Tony Isaac-South Floyd-Congratulations!
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:Coach Tony Isaac-South Floyd-Congratulations!

THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE MOST SHOCKING PICK I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.... ISSAC OVER VANHOOSE IS CRAZZZZY.... JR IMPROVED PHELPS FROM 5- AND 18 OR SOMETHING LIEK THAT TO 13-10.... SOUNDS LIKE A PRETTY BIG TURNAROUND IMO

VANHOOSE SHOULD BE COACH OF THE YEAR.... THIS IS HORRIBLE... TO TURN A TEAM THAT GOT BEAT DOWN EVERY TIME OUT LAST YEAR TO A WINNING BALL CLUB IS BETTER THAN A 6 WIN SEASON...
I agree, but you asked and I answered. I didn't say that was my choice. I think there are 3-4 that did a really good job this season AND had winning seasons.
ANyway, it's in the books so we might as well say congrats to the winner, agree or disagree.
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:I agree, but you asked and I answered. I didn't say that was my choice. I think there are 3-4 that did a really good job this season AND had winning seasons.
ANyway, it's in the books so we might as well say congrats to the winner, agree or disagree.

Oh no I wasn't "hatin" on you... I was just "hatin" on whoever voted!
PHS#1 Wrote:Oh no I wasn't "hatin" on you... I was just "hatin" on whoever voted!

OK, good, you should be showin' me luv....:p
IMO Butcher, Wiremann or Vanhoose deserved the COY award. South Floyd went 9 and 16 no disrespect but how do you receive coach of the year after such a "terrible" season. All in all congrats to him.
This is a LUDICROUS pick, IMO!
PHS#1 Wrote:THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE MOST SHOCKING PICK I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.... ISSAC OVER VANHOOSE IS CRAZZZZY.... JR IMPROVED PHELPS FROM 5- AND 18 OR SOMETHING LIEK THAT TO 13-10.... SOUNDS LIKE A PRETTY BIG TURNAROUND IMO

VANHOOSE SHOULD BE COACH OF THE YEAR.... THIS IS HORRIBLE... TO TURN A TEAM THAT GOT BEAT DOWN EVERY TIME OUT LAST YEAR TO A WINNING BALL CLUB IS BETTER THAN A 6 WIN SEASON...

I agree with you that Coach JR VANHOOSE should be coach of the year in the 15th region. Coach VAHOOSE and the LADY HORNETS did come along way.....:Thumbs: :Thumbs:
my vitew for 15th region coach of the year is Darrin Rice at Sheldon Clark as he came in and won 17 games with very young team and playing in ther toughest district in the region. Teams need to watch out for Rice and his team next season.Cool :notworthy
I think he did a great job as well (Rice). I think all of the coaches do. I think that if you can make it through the crap that goes with it everyone of them desever an award. Before you jump to put any coach down go and do it and see how EASY it is. I just don't understand why people want to be negative about coaches and players from the mountains! Those down state (to me) tend to do a good job at that anyway so why dont we take up for each other instead of pointing out the negative every chance we get. If you dont think so then look at the all state teams each year and see where most of the players come from. I think that all coaches and players deserve at least that. If you have ever been involed as either you know how much goes into it from both. Just a thought!
Personally, I feel as though it should have been JR Vanhoose from Phelps.... He took over a team that only won two games last year and led them through a wonderful turn-around.... only team in the region to knock off PC so far....
Like i said i think that there where several that did a good job. Jr did a GREAT job and i think he will continue to. Just because the person we thought should've won, does that mean we have to be negative of someone else?
Excuse me, no disrespect, but because I feel the choice was crazy does not mean I degraded another coach.... as a matter of fact, I never mentioned another coach, just made a comment about the selection.....
I am sorry if that came across as that way but after joining this site i just can not believe how people want to put down players and coaches from the moutains. I just would like to see this much interest in promoting our players from the mountians.
basketballfan000 Wrote:I am sorry if that came across as that way but after joining this site i just can not believe how people want to put down players and coaches from the moutains. I just would like to see this much interest in promoting our players from the mountians.

I like this post!! We here as staff members do frown on bashing of players and coaches on the site. We warn, issue infractions, close threads and often suspend members for this type of behavior. Please know that although we can't catch everything in every thread, we do try to maintain some stability on here when it comes to the coaches and kids who play sports here in our small little nook of the world. I do agree that we need to support our kids here in the mountains who play sports..... Thanks for the post!!
PHS95 Wrote:Personally, I feel as though it should have been JR Vanhoose from Phelps.... He took over a team that only won two games last year and led them through a wonderful turn-around.... only team in the region to knock off PC so far....

First, the team won five games last year. Second, all players returned with valuable experience. Third, Phelps reaped the benefit of Riley who was ineligble last year and is probably a top 5 player in region. With her last year they probably win 12-13 games.

I agree, he did a terrific job. But, especially at this level, talent sure does make all coaches look good.
kyfan Wrote:First, the team won five games last year. Second, all players returned with valuable experience. Third, Phelps reaped the benefit of Riley who was ineligble last year and is probably a top 5 player in region. With her last year they probably win 12-13 games.

I agree, he did a terrific job. But, especially at this level, talent sure does make all coaches look good.

agrre but to be a good girls you got to be able to teach them they can win and be competitive with everyone in the region... they either won by 30 or got beat by 30 last year... they had a new found confidence this year you could see it in thier eyes... Big Grin
I apologize for misquoting their record from last year!
PHS95 Wrote:I apologize for misquoting their record from last year!

its okay wins were far and few bettwen las year
kyfan Wrote:First, the team won five games last year. Second, all players returned with valuable experience. Third, Phelps reaped the benefit of Riley who was ineligble last year and is probably a top 5 player in region. With her last year they probably win 12-13 games.

Yeah, Riley can make a few coaches look good. That kid can play.
Shady Grady Wrote:Yeah, Riley can make a few coaches look good. That kid can play.

VanHoose didnt get out of the district...Wireman eliminated Butcher from that tonight !

Unfortunatelyfor PCCHS, Wireman has done the best job this year.
PHS#1 Wrote:Oh no I wasn't "hatin" on you... I was just "hatin" on whoever voted!

Before you hate on who voted, why dont you ask your schools coach who they voted for.
hawkhead Wrote:VanHoose didnt get out of the district...Wireman eliminated Butcher from that tonight !

yea but he beat PCCHS this year
Coach Vanhoose

:theman:
Three regional final games, one regional championship, and a trip to the state final four...yet Butcher has never won. Maybe someday...
roundball gal Wrote:Three regional final games, one regional championship, and a trip to the state final four...yet Butcher has never won. Maybe someday...

Maybe we need to have a 6 and 20 season b-4 ppl will realize that.
hawkhead Wrote:VanHoose didnt get out of the district...Wireman eliminated Butcher from that tonight !

I see what your saying BUT VanHoose is a first year coach and IMO he did an excellent job!!

We all do however have our opinions......
Coaches of the Year prospects.

57th - Coach Wireman, His team finished first and that is why everyone plays to finish first.

Darren Rice - With a favorable schedule, the Lady Cardinals did play with a different attitude this past season yet, did not beat Baldwin and Paintsville when many felt Sheldon Clark would.

58th

Harold Tackett - Replacing Akers and all of the baggage that he inherited, still made it to the Semi-finals, and who knows if in the bottom brackett could have been in the finals yet, same results though when facing Johnson Central.

Mark Martin - Took a program that was supposedly only a pulse away from being dead into the regionals. His "gritty" group was 6 mins. away from the semi-finals.

59th

Rodney Rowe - Yes, another first year coach that inherited a group that had been well coached and won the school's first All A title. Did not make it to regionals and that hurts.

60th

Stephen Butcher - Another appearance for the coach, still as earlier comments stated it's all about the talent, and I would say every coach in the region would like to have coached a Haley Ratliff and Kayla Lowe and get a transfer name A.d. Slone

J.R. Vanhoose - Took over a program that was on the upside of things and with the transfer of Riley, made it to the All A finals.

IMO, these are legit picks for COY of the region

Interested to hear the comments from this post,
spidey Wrote:At phelps ...
We ll know what happens at phelps ..

Apparently we ALL don't know.... why don't you enlighten all of us.... last time I checked, Phelps was not the only team to beat PC this year.... did the "Phelps" effect happen in other gyms too?

Smile
Pages: 1 2