Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: ESPN's Lunardi has UK in the Tourney
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He has us in there as a 10 seed and hes not wrong often.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology
Didnt he take us out of there just the other day?
Amun-Ra Wrote:Didnt he take us out of there just the other day?

I don't think he did, I've been checking his predictions pretty often because he usually is accurate. He's had UK on the bubble for the last few weeks, but he really didn't give them much of a chance at making the tourney.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:I don't think he did, I've been checking his predictions pretty often because he usually is accurate. He's had UK on the bubble for the last few weeks, but he really didn't give them much of a chance at making the tourney.

You're right, I don't recall us being in his predictions at all until this one. It's only been after this run of winning 10 of our last 12 games that he has even started to notice UK, which is understandable.

If we lose on Sunday, I'm sure we'll be right back out of it again.
unless with win the SEC Tourny.
I sent him a nasty email two days ago, but i very seriously doubt that had anything to do with it. haha
I hope that is not really how it goes, we don't match up with Kansas at all!
that seed will not happen because the commitee will take it into effect that they played kansas last year so uk will have another seed.
OMG Wrote:I hope that is not really how it goes, we don't match up with Kansas at all!

I don't know if Kentucky can complain too much with any matchup that they get considering how close they will have come to missing the tournament altogether.
Hubert Davis and Digger Phelps had us in on SportsCenter today; but I didn't catch Jay Bilas' prediction. I think he may have had UK out of the tournament as of right now.
Has Jay Bilas always hated UK?
RavenBoy Wrote:Has Jay Bilas always hated UK?

i think he has if we were 30-0 and won the SEC he would still have us out
RavenBoy Wrote:Has Jay Bilas always hated UK?

I've never really thought that he did. Maybe he does. According to some people (not you Raven, but most UK fans) all announcers/commentators hate UK.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I've never really thought that he did. Maybe he does. According to some people (not you Raven, but most UK fans) all announcers/commentators hate UK.
Yea I know what ya mean. The only announcer that has bothered me was Dicky V when Tubby left. Goodlord, he couldnt say 1 bad word about Tubby and 1 good word about UK Fans. Im Sorry Dicky that I expect to win the National Championship, I think every D1 school does.
RavenBoy Wrote:Yea I know what ya mean. The only announcer that has bothered me was Dicky V when Tubby left. Goodlord, he couldnt say 1 bad word about Tubby and 1 good word about UK Fans. Im Sorry Dicky that I expect to win the National Championship, I think every D1 school does.

I have to disagree about Vitale, I enjoy listening to him call games. The only announcer I really don't like, and I'm sure we will agree on this one, Is Billy Packer. It's not because he is anti-UK; it's that he is anti-everybody who doesn't agree with him.Smile Smile
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I have to disagree about Vitale, I enjoy listening to him call games. The only announcer I really don't like, and I'm sure we will agree on this one, Is Billy Packer. It's not because he is anti-UK; it's that he is anti-everybody who doesn't agree with him.Smile Smile
Yes you are 100% correct. He was on ESPN Radio up here in Louisville and said that Louisville should be a #1 seed in the Tourny. I mean when has a #13 in the Top25 jump all those teams to become a #1 seed? lol Smile
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Hubert Davis and Digger Phelps had us in on SportsCenter today; but I didn't catch Jay Bilas' prediction. I think he may have had UK out of the tournament as of right now.
You know that jay bilas has us out of the tournment....all he wants to talk about is Duke anyways...
There so many different brackets who really knows whats going to happen, but the good news is ESPN was one of the only ones that had us out of it and now were in it. So things are on the up swing.
His predictions are very sporadic to say the least. To tell you the truth I don't let that 10th seed.. playing the second deed in the second round. I woul love for us to be a 12 seed then beat the 5 seed and then play the 4 seed. That is really doable for this team instead of beating a 7 seed and then playing a 2 seed.