Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central vs. Perry Central 3/10/08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Should be a decent match-up. Perry Central has been playing well recently. In addition, it is going to be hard to come in there and play them on their home court at the regional level. On the opposite side of the spectrum, Letcher Central has won 15 out of the past 17 games. They beat JBS in the district tournament and took Hazard into OT at Hazard. They have proven themselves as one of the top two teams in the region. They showed last night they can play well at PCC. How do you think the outcome of this will be?
LCC by 9
Letcher
PCC by 4 in a battle.
LCC by 5.
I'm going to say PCC takes this one.

PCC: 63
LCC: 57
LCC by 5. Tempo will make the game.
I think the key to this game is Profitt, he must have more than 1 point in this game, the Commodores will be ready.

LCC-54
PCC-47
Im gonna go with Lcc in this one.
LCC by 3
I Think Lcc , They Have Some Big Tall Boys And That Gives Them A Big Advantage.
Pcc Is A Very Good Team Too, And They Are Quick But I Think That The Lcc Boys Will Win

uk96

I have a different outlook on this game than most people on here do. I think the key to this game doesnt have as much to do with the players as it does with the coaches. You have a game with two of the best coaches in the business. Raymond Justice with the help of Cavanaugh Trent has done a amazing job at LCC in building that program up. Hatcher from PCC is a basketball mastermind. I dont think alot of people really know that this guy has won a state championship and a bunch of regional title and has sent a truckload of kids to the next level. It will be a chessmatch when the meet and whoever develops a gameplan that works will come out on top. Watching these two coach will be as fun as watching the game because both will do everything they can to make it to the finals. I am not going to predict the score because that would take meaning out of this post. Watch these guys in action and you will see the game inside the game...
I can't wait for this game. It should be a crazy atmosphere. You know that both teams will have huge crowds at the game, and to be honest, these two schools just flat out don't like each other.
I'm going to say PCC.. They have been playing well as of recent.. Also being played at PCC doesn't hurt A thing.
LCC by 6
uk96 Wrote:I have a different outlook on this game than most people on here do. I think the key to this game doesnt have as much to do with the players as it does with the coaches. You have a game with two of the best coaches in the business. Raymond Justice with the help of Cavanaugh Trent has done a amazing job at LCC in building that program up. Hatcher from PCC is a basketball mastermind. I dont think alot of people really know that this guy has won a state championship and a bunch of regional title and has sent a truckload of kids to the next level. It will be a chessmatch when the meet and whoever develops a gameplan that works will come out on top. Watching these two coach will be as fun as watching the game because both will do everything they can to make it to the finals. I am not going to predict the score because that would take meaning out of this post. Watch these guys in action and you will see the game inside the game...

great post.
these guys go waaaay back. I know that both were coaching in 1980 at rival schools. Kinda ironic as it seems as they have come full circle to meet in this match.
did these 2 teams play each other in the season?
RavenBoy Wrote:did these 2 teams play each other in the season?

Yeah at the begining of the season and I think PCC won by 10 but this is a totally different LCC team. I think LCC will win by 10 this time around. Go Cougars!
I would love to see Perry beat Letcher and Hazard beat Estill and see Hazard and Perry in the finals...
This should actually be a closer game than expected. PCC has a very different gameplan than LCC. LCC has that fast break offense that usually gets them a pretty good lead within the first few minutes of a game. But if PCC can change and keep the tempo early I think the they will have a legit shot of winning. If Noble get's hot, it's hard to stop him. Same with Banks from LCC. I think this will be a heck of a game. Good luck to both teams!!!
LCC in a close game!
Going into the Powell game I would have picked LCC by 8 over PCC but the way they got man-handled on the boards I think they could be in trouble. I'm picking PCC by 4.
2 great coaches, 2 great teams. Perry is playing better than they have all season long and has great defense. That match up they play is getting better and better everyday. Letcher does not rebound the ball well, so Maggard will have about 20 boards for Perry. Letcher does not play defense because they are looking at getting out on their offensive fast break. If Perry can get back on them and limit the 3 pointers of Letcher, then Perry wins this one by 8. If they let Letcher get hot from the 3, it could get ugly for the Commodores. I see Perry coming ready to play and putting the defense on the small guards of Letcher. Perry by 8, and the home court advantage plays a big part of this one too.
Perry by 12 because they are the better team and have the best coach in Kentucky.
warmachine Wrote:Perry by 12 because they are the better team and have the best coach in Kentucky.

Wrong on both accounts!
LCC by 7 because they have the better coach and staff.
Also because LCC is a far better offensive team. Should be a great game, the only reason I say 7 is because LCC is a good free throw shooting team and makes them down the stretch
Banks did not play in the first game and he will be the deciding factor tonight. Ison will stop any easy shots taken inside.

20 shots will hardly be missed in order for Maggard to have that many.

Pcc has improved but so has LCC.

LCC by 8.
warmachine Wrote:Perry by 12 because they have the best coach in Kentucky.
That would be Hazard now.
What time do these teams play?Are they playing right now? Updates anyone?
EOE Wrote:What time do these teams play?Are they playing right now? Updates anyone?

PCC won 41-36.