Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: College prospects for the upcoming season!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who do we have here in the mountains that will catch the attention of the college scouts?
Definitly Zack Lewis (Clay qb)and Charlie Banks(letcher Central qb). Also Olinger and Campbell from Hazard, Travis from Perry Central, Frazier and Shepherd from letcher are but a few that come to mind.There are several others (kicker from Bell, kids from some of the elite teams(Belfry, Breathitt). Mountain kids are getting some looks
Some of the seniors at Pikeville that will garner interest from colleges include Daniel Harmon (RB,DB), Trey Branham (OL, DL), Josh Mullins (DB), and Tyler Baker (WR, DB).
A lot of us seniors at Hazard this year will be looked at by a lot of college scouts, as well as Harmon at Pikeville, Ivan Lee at Belfry, Zack Lewis at Clay...generally anyone who plays really good and has a decent team around them will get looked at by college scouts that come to watch a game..lol
RUSSELL

Mikey Dillon 6'6" around 240-- tight end and receiver

Drew Abrams 6'2' @225--RB benches @325.

Jason Dolly 5'11" @ 175- Kicker, good soccer player too.

Just a couple of kids that stand out,, i could list more but I feel that these 3 have the size strength and the total package to get there.
JCHS
Ian Welch, 6'3" 190lbs, DB and WR, should be a strong D1 prospect. About 10 int's away from the state career record.
Chase Richardson, 6'2" 225, LB and FB
Casey Brown, 6'2" 240lb, OL and DL
Setser from Pburg.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:RUSSELL

Mikey Dillon 6'6" around 240-- tight end and receiver

Drew Abrams 6'2' @225--RB benches @325.

Jason Dolly 5'11" @ 175- Kicker, good soccer player too.

Just a couple of kids that stand out,, i could list more but I feel that these 3 have the size strength and the total package to get there.

Mikey and Drew both went on an unofficial visit to western kentucky a few saturdays ago
#23 Josh Mullins DB/RB
#24 Daniel Harmon RB/CB

Josh Mullins and Daniel Harmon have both expressed their intent to play at the next level

#23 Josh Mullins is one of the fastest, if not the fastest, most agile football players in EKY. Last May Mullins, myself, and other Pikeville Players attended the Adidas Elite Prospect camp at the University of Louisville he was a big standout player there. Only 1 pass was caught on him the entire camp and it was by teammate Tyler Baker (who he had been training with in the spring)...If your looking for Leadership, Aggression, Speed, Strength,and Smarts this is your kid. 300 Pound Bench Nearly 300 Pound Power Clean (Last Max i heard was around 285) Over 450 Pound Squat ..monster on the field.

#24 Daniel Harmon----What can you say about Harmon that hasn't been said already...He has made HUGE Gains in the weight room (500 pound Squat) and in speed. Harmon is a completely different person Expect great things out of him this season. Not to Mention he is extremely intelligent on and off the field. Not to mention he is a great person to be around.

Both of these young men will be bringing lots of attention this season...Lookout
highschoolfootballfan Wrote:Mikey and Drew both went on an unofficial visit to western kentucky a few saturdays ago

I had heard that too. That is great for them. Seems like every year we get more and more to the next level. Thats great!!!!!
The kicker from Bell County will be playing D1 football next season, I would just about bet on it.
ivan lee[belfry],daniel harmon[pikeville] and charlie banks from LCC.
Definately Olinger, Adams, Kidd, Campbell, possibly Maggard, Searcy should get a couple looks on the Football Field and Baseball. Howard could possibly by a few small colleges but definately need to bulk up
How bout the Kicker for Hazard, Will he be a senior?
Hunter Adams from Middlesboro
MVP2 Wrote:How bout the Kicker for Hazard, Will he be a senior?

Yea he will be one heck of a prospect but he'll just be a junior this upcoming season.
barney5 Wrote:Definately Olinger, Adams, Kidd, Campbell, possibly Maggard, Searcy should get a couple looks on the Football Field and Baseball. Howard could possibly by a few small colleges but definately need to bulk up

I agree, maggard would if he would fix his gimp leg and start doing everything 200% in practice...lmao. But all us seniors can play at the next level...imo
lewis and olinger, campbell and the kicker from bell
jacketsfan Wrote:Hunter Adams from Middlesboro

Hunter Adams is the best all around football player in the mountains hands down.
highschoolfootballfan Wrote:Mikey and Drew both went on an unofficial visit to western kentucky a few saturdays ago

By my understanding's western did not invite drew until The university called and cancelled the trip due to bad weather. Coach morris then asked Western if they had room for another player and they said yes but western did not invite Drew down like they did mikey.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:The kicker from Bell County will be playing D1 football next season, I would just about bet on it.
I understand he has been contacted by both a Big 12 and a Big Ten school. He is ranked #1 K/P combination player in nation after the National Nike Kicking Event in Las Vegas in January for the Class of 2009.
Drew Abrams has got many college letters, and Western did invite him
Josh Prater, QB Allen Central.
To me and ive watched alot of football here in the past couple of years and aside from some QB's down in the lexington/lousiville area no1 from the moutaints are D-1 material.....
Thegeneral Wrote:Josh Prater, QB Allen Central.

Prater has the potential to be one of the best "athletes" around, but he also can be the laziest. If Prater goes into Football with the same "work ethic" he finished the basketball season with- then he should have an impressive Senior season at QB. Hopefully the break he suffered in the 15th region tourney will heal soon and he'll be ready to go.
Deuce Finch from St X has been offered by several D-1 schools including Alabama.

I have a question...In the thread title the question was about College propects, then when I open it, the question refers about Eastern Kentucky kids. I know there are lot of posters from this area, but is the site it just for this part of Kentucky?

I commented on a QB from Campsville in one thread and the question WAS about QBs from the eastern part of the state, and someone reminded me that C-Ville was not included in the thread. Where is the line drawn? I wouldn't have brought up Finch if the title mentioned "Eastern Kentucky Prospects".

Maybe I should just read and not post since I live in Louisville and not in the Eastern part.

Eastern BluegrassRivals.com
LIPS Wrote:To me and ive watched alot of football here in the past couple of years and aside from some QB's down in the lexington/lousiville area no1 from the moutaints are D-1 material.....
then u havent been watchin eky football , because they have teams making it far in the playoffs and to the state championship, and they have plenty of players that are good enough for d1
BamaBoy Wrote:Deuce Finch from St X has been offered by several D-1 schools including Alabama.

I have a question...In the thread title the question was about College propects, then when I open it, the question refers about Eastern Kentucky kids. I know there are lot of posters from this area, but is the site it just for this part of Kentucky?

I commented on a QB from Campsville in one thread and the question WAS about QBs from the eastern part of the state, and someone reminded me that C-Ville was not included in the thread. Where is the line drawn? I wouldn't have brought up Finch if the title mentioned "Eastern Kentucky Prospects".

Maybe I should just read and not post since I live in Louisville and not in the Eastern part.

Eastern BluegrassRivals.com

BGR does currently have the highest population of posters around the Eastern end of the state because we don't spend money on advertisement, only word of mouth. Most members are more familiar with EKY, but this site is NOT limited to EKY. We have grown to a much larger area of the state over the last year or so. Feel free to post and give information about any player that relates to a thread, even if he/she isn't from EKY. The knowledge of these players will only help other members acknowledge their abilities and accomplishments while also increasing their interest.
LIPS Wrote:To me and ive watched alot of football here in the past couple of years and aside from some QB's down in the lexington/lousiville area no1 from the moutaints are D-1 material.....
Have you seen the kicker from Bell Co.? He had the longest field goal in the state last year. He had over a 90% touchback ratio on kickoffs....71 total. His longest punt was 67 yards. He has started for Bell for three years. He has dominated most competition at the camps he has attended the past two summers. Out of 450 kickers in the Nike national competition he came out with a 5-star rating in the "Top Twelve" group....and ranked #6 kicker in nation. He was tabbed as the "best kicker/punter combo player in nation" by that camp. You can check out his highlight film at the link:
Charlie Banks of Letcher County Central.
Pages: 1 2