Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Edwards loses 100 points for Vegas rules violation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NASCAR discovered during post-race inspection that the lid from the oil tank of Edwards' car had come off. Officials said that could create an aerodynamic advantage because it allows air to escape inside the car and creates more downforce.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story...id=3278425

Excessive in my opinion...
a hundred points.......thats about 75 more than the Hendrix bunch would have gotten. Its bull****!
Also, if he qualifies for the Chase, the team will not receive the 10 bonus points for the UAW-Dodge 400 victory used for determining the seeding order, crew chief Bob Osborne has been fined $100,000, suspended from the next six Cup Series events, suspended from NASCAR until April 30 and placed on probation until Dec. 31.
This is a joke. And to beat it all, Edwards aint the only one who failed that same exact inspection. Where are the penalties for the other drivers and crew chiefs?
Quote:
NASCAR discovered during post-race inspection that the lid from the oil tank of Edwards' car had come off. Officials said that could create an aerodynamic advantage because it allows air to escape inside the car and creates more downforce.

Smile LMFAO are you kiddin me, Rolleyes .
TidesHoss said it best, if it were the hendrick bunch, nothing would be done. Its all a bunch of bull****. Rusty Wallace had a good comment too, why would someone on Edwards team do that to the car and risk Edwards life because the fumes and gases or whatever would be coming through if it had been left off. Its all just bull, Nascar sees that their moneymakers at Hendrick arent faring too well through the first 3 races and have to find a way to get them back in the spotlight. I would love to see all the Hendrick drivers wreck and tear the **** out of their cars and maybe even have to miss some races, see how Nascar would react then. Well they would be penalizing drivers every week just to help the Hendrick bunch out. Who else besides me hates the whole **** Hendrick team, and getting to the point of hating Nascar altogether? I have actually been at that point for a long time and have been spending my time going to dirt track races at 201 and Eldora.
That's just ridiculous
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:TidesHoss said it best, if it were the hendrick bunch, nothing would be done. Its all a bunch of bull****. Rusty Wallace had a good comment too, why would someone on Edwards team do that to the car and risk Edwards life because the fumes and gases or whatever would be coming through if it had been left off. Its all just bull, Nascar sees that their moneymakers at Hendrick arent faring too well through the first 3 races and have to find a way to get them back in the spotlight. I would love to see all the Hendrick drivers wreck and tear the **** out of their cars and maybe even have to miss some races, see how Nascar would react then. Well they would be penalizing drivers every week just to help the Hendrick bunch out. Who else besides me hates the whole **** Hendrick team, and getting to the point of hating Nascar altogether? I have actually been at that point for a long time and have been spending my time going to dirt track races at 201 and Eldora.

**** yeah, look for me this year in my new modified at 201.
What is your number going to be so I know what to look for?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:a hundred points.......thats about 75 more than the Hendrix bunch would have gotten. Its bull****!
Right..If it was Hendrick or Mayfield, then they would have never said anything, LOL!
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:What is your number going to be so I know what to look for?

44. Just listen for "The Rattlesnake" Ryan Jarrell.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Right..If it was Hendrick or Mayfield, then they would have never said anything, LOL!

That would imply that Mayfield would win a race.......

Sorry PB I couldn't resist.Big Grin
they should take the win away also.... this was purposly done
I hurt..I bleed. This will kill TidesHoss32 that you beat him to the punch! I will take a top 15 finish because to me, that is just as good as a win with Jeremy. If he wasn't racing, I wouldn't watch Nascar and actually didn't the second half of the year last year. It is sad but it is like Dale Sr. to people. Alot don't watch racing anymore because of him dying, and that is the way Jeremy is with me. Pathetic I know, but it is just the way it is and always will be. My brothers was like, well couldn't you root for another driver, and I would try Bowyer or Hamlin or Kyle Busch and it just wasn't the same. Drivers who had a chance to win, race in and race out, drivers who had a big time sponsor just felt like I was stabbing Mayfield in the back and I couldn't do it. I cracked under pressure.Sad GO #70!

Sorry PB I couldn't resist.Big Grin[/quote]
I rooted for Ward after Harry Gant retired (Gant after Pearson), but its a different game when your favorite driver has NO RIDE. A bad sponsor is one thing, but I started rooting for Carl the 2 years Ward was out of racing..if Ward came back next year, I'd root for him again..Long live Ward Burton!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I hurt..I bleed. This will kill TidesHoss32 that you beat him to the punch! I will take a top 15 finish because to me, that is just as good as a win with Jeremy. If he wasn't racing, I wouldn't watch Nascar and actually didn't the second half of the year last year. It is sad but it is like Dale Sr. to people. Alot don't watch racing anymore because of him dying, and that is the way Jeremy is with me. Pathetic I know, but it is just the way it is and always will be. My brothers was like, well couldn't you root for another driver, and I would try Bowyer or Hamlin or Kyle Busch and it just wasn't the same. Drivers who had a chance to win, race in and race out, drivers who had a big time sponsor just felt like I was stabbing Mayfield in the back and I couldn't do it. I cracked under pressure.Sad GO #70!

Sorry PB I couldn't resist.Big Grin
[/quote]