Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 5 Programs Last 10 years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In your own opinion who and why are your top five programs in the 15th region over the last 10 years? I will post mine later.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:In your own opinion who and why are your top five programs in the 15th region over the last 10 years? I will post mine later.

The details may or may not be completely accurate but rankings are of my opinion.

1.Pike Central--3 titles (3 wins at state w/final four appearance)
Belfry-- 3 Titles but 0 state wins (blew 18 point lead against Harlan one year)
3.Betsy Layne-- 2 titles and an All "A" Title ???
4. Magoffin County-- 1 title
5. Shelby Valley-- 1 title
6. Johnson Central
7. Pikeville-- 2 All "A" Titles ?
8. Paintsville--All "A" Title
9. Allen Central
10. ?????
hawkhead Wrote:The details may or may not be completely accurate but rankings are of my opinion.

1.Pike Central--3 titles (3 wins at state w/final four appearance)
Belfry-- 3 Titles but 0 state wins (blew 18 point lead against Harlan one year)
3.Betsy Layne-- 2 titles and an All "A" Title ???
4. Magoffin County-- 1 title
5. Shelby Valley-- 1 title
6. Johnson Central
7. Pikeville-- 2 All "A" Titles ?
8. Paintsville--All "A" Title
9. Allen Central
10. ?????

I'm just curious where you got these numbers for the past 10 years. For the Johnson Co. teams, Johnson Central has two regional titles from the 2001 season and the 2002 season. In 2003 lost to Betsy Layne by 4 and that was the only team in KY to beat them that season finishing up that season 27-2. Paintsville has won 2 All "A" Regional Titles and a Final Four appearance.
1. Pike Central Lady Hawks
2. Betsy Layne Lady Bobcats
3. Johnson Central Lady Eagles
4. Belfry Lady Pirates
5. Magoffin County Lady Hornets
Jchs, Jmo
The Guru Wrote:Jchs, Jmo

:confused: :confused: :confused: Smile Rolleyes

hmmm...
1. Pike Central - Have made the regional finals 3 years and have won it twice. Once making a run into the sweet sixteen final four. Has always had a tough team and has had that I can think of 4 20+ win seasons.

2. Johnson Central - Did something very few have done in this region that being winning back to back regional championships.

3. Betsy Layne - Has won 2 regional titles and two all a titles that I can think of.

4. Belfry - Has been a force over the past 10 years. A couple of years they fell off the map but then redeemed themselves to be considered regional contenders. Have won I think one regional championship in the last ten years but have played in 3 or 4.

5. Magoffin - One regional Championship they have had five 20 win seasons.
1. JCHS
2. PCC
3. Belfry
4. BLHS
5. Mag. Co.
The Guru Wrote:1. JCHS
2. PCC
3. Belfry
4. BLHS
5. Mag. Co.

why would you put them in this order Guru. J/w b/c i could agree with JCHS at one. IMO JCHS and PCC are basically tied for first.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:why would you put them in this order Guru. J/w b/c i could agree with JCHS at one. IMO JCHS and PCC are basically tied for first.

Without a doubt those five programs are the elite of the 15th region. I can agree with Pike Central and Johnson Central being sort of equal within the past 10 years, even though this is only Butcher's 3rd? season as head coach. He's done well with the program at PC. I don't however think he's surpassed Wireman in an overall comparison. I have no doubt though that he will rack up many wins and awards before his coaching career ends. Since Wireman began coaching 1991, JC has had 9 District Championships, 2 Regional Championships, 2 maybe 3 Regional Runners-up and a couple of Regional semis.

Cindy and Mark had great successes while at Belfry; if given time Collins will too. I guess it's Stiltner now. Sorry.

Betsy Layne can't be left out; the previous coach had them playing well. I think with 2 Regional Championships - with one year in between.

Program are successful in cycles - they usually coincide to some extent with the talent pool at the time. I don't think any of the five mentioned have dominated consistently, but they sure have had their moments.

I'm quitting now;; I think I've begun to ramble. It's getting late.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:why would you put them in this order Guru. J/w b/c i could agree with JCHS at one. IMO JCHS and PCC are basically tied for first.
Uhhh.....probably because I am from Paintsville and have to see JC all the time!Big Grin
The Guru Wrote:Uhhh.....probably because I am from Paintsville and have to see JC all the time!Big Grin

haha that one made me laugh...you always have some sort of joke lol...you going to the games tomorrow?:lmao:
Pike Central has had the best program over the past 10 years.
1998-59th District Champions- 15th Region Champion
1999-59th District Champions
2003-60th District Champions
2004-60th District Champions-15th Region Champion
2005-Region Runner-Up
2006-Region Runner-up
2007-60th District Champions-15th Region Champion
Forgot to mention 2008-60th District Champions
15th Region Champions-?????? Remains to be seen
I think if the Lady Hawks take the title this year, they solidify their status over JC as the best program in the last 10 years.
1)Pike Central
2)Johnson Central
3)Betsy Lane
4)Magoffin County

Placed based on info that has already been provided.

5)Shelby Valley
99/00 season 59th district champ,15th region Champ 30-4 overall
00/01 59th district champ 21-8 overall
01/02 59th district champ
02/03 59th district champ 18-11 overall
04/05 59th district champ
05/06 59th district champ
06/07 59th district champ 24-4 overall
07/08 15th region all A Champion 19-12 overall

Not taking anything away from Belfry because i feel that they have always been contenders to win in any game,but some pretty impressive numbers thru out the years from Shelby Valley also,so like stated this in just my opinion and thats what i gave.
BballFan63 Wrote:Without a doubt those five programs are the elite of the 15th region. I can agree with Pike Central and Johnson Central being sort of equal within the past 10 years, even though this is only Butcher's 3rd? season as head coach. He's done well with the program at PC. I don't however think he's surpassed Wireman in an overall comparison. I have no doubt though that he will rack up many wins and awards before his coaching career ends. Since Wireman began coaching 1991, JC has had 9 District Championships, 2 Regional Championships, 2 maybe 3 Regional Runners-up and a couple of Regional semis.

Cindy and Mark had great successes while at Belfry; if given time Collins will too. I guess it's Stiltner now. Sorry.

Betsy Layne can't be left out; the previous coach had them playing well. I think with 2 Regional Championships - with one year in between.

Program are successful in cycles - they usually coincide to some extent with the talent pool at the time. I don't think any of the five mentioned have dominated consistently, but they sure have had their moments.

I'm quitting now;; I think I've begun to ramble. It's getting late.

Wireman has 4 Regional Championships since 1991 - not two as I posted earlier.
Sorry for the mistake.