Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BREAKING NEWS: Brett Favre Retires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Favre retires today after 17 years in the NFL. His decision was made yesterday after the Patriots resigned Rany Moss to a 3 year 27 million dollar deal and the team went public with it about 30 minutes ago.
I just saw this on espn and was going to post it. Goodbye to an NFL and Packer icon and legend.
I beleive that Favre was quite possibly the best QB to ever play the game. His records speak for themselves. Favre was no doubt my favorite NFL player in the game, possibly all time favorite and the NFL will not be as much fun or as good without Favre. Brett Favre was a "football player" first and certainly not one of the "cookie cutter/pretty boy" QB's that seem to litter the league.

Goodbye and good luck to a true Legend.
Well thats odd I just saw last week where he said he wasnt going to.
Batpuff Wrote:Well thats odd I just saw last week where he said he wasnt going to.

Reports I heard said that he announced the decision as soon as the Packers failed to sign Randy Moss.
Brett Favre's NFL records:

Most TD passes - 442
Most passing yards - 61,655
Most pass completions - 5,377
Most pass attempts - 8,758
Most seasons with 3,00 plus yards passing - 16
Most interceptions thrown - 288
This sucks!!! I've been a Favre and Packer fan since I was little. I just can't believe he walked away. Its kinda like when you found out there is no Santa Claus it sucks that bad.
The NFL has just lost its face. Favre was the epitome of what a professional athlete should be, not just in football. He was everything right about the game, and he definitely will be missed.
Hate to see such an icon leave the game but I'm sure he will enjoy being with his family and friends more often... I look for him to get a job with CBS, FOX, or ESPN as an NFL Analysis.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:The NFL has just lost its face. Favre was the epitome of what a professional athlete should be, not just in football. He was everything right about the game, and he definitely will be missed.

I certainly agree Hoss, Favre was a QB with a linebacker mentality - lol.
Favre is all class and he carried himself in that manner on and off the field, he is all about family and I really don't think that the Packers not signing Randy Moss was the deciding factorat all as some in the media suggested.
I believe that he had talked it over with is wife and like the initial report said "he was just tired" and that he wants to spend more time with his family and go hunting and fishing more often. Wink

I know that this Green Bay Packer fan is going to miss watching him play and I wish him luck in anything that he does.
blackcat_student Wrote:Hate to see such an icon leave the game but I'm sure he will enjoy being with his family and friends more often... I look for him to get a job with CBS, FOX, or ESPN as an NFL Analysis.

Yea he'll definitely get a job with one of them......I can't believe he went out on an interception though
Its about time, He should have along time ago. Just got lucky this past season.
Somewhere.....Launchpad4 is bawling...sob,sob,sob....lol...just kidding. I liked him too....Fact is, he just couldn't get around as good as he could with that walker and all.
Good Bye to a "GOAT" QB in the NFL.
It was obvious this time was coming soon, the NFL will be fine, it's not the NFL I'm worried about. A new face will come along like they always do. The Packers on the other hand, may have some struggles.
great player and person if all prof players had his heart and want to the NBA AND MLB might be worth watching again.
It's not as bad of news as when they said Barry Sanders was retiring.. I couldn't even go to work that day. I was afraid that I might get destracted and get hurt.....lol
rallo316 Wrote:great player and person if all prof players had his heart and want to the NBA AND MLB might be worth watching again.
Get hooked on drugs and alcohol, great rolemodel
Great career for Farve
RavenBoy Wrote:Get hooked on drugs and alcohol, great rolemodel

He got his life straightened out! Let it go!...You mean you have never made a mistake? Try and find forgiveness in your heart. YOU must forgive in order to receive forgiveness.
Hae to see a great football player/QB like this leave. He was a great player, and is a shoe in for the HOF. Kinda surprised that he retired.
This news was completly devestating to me I am a huge fan of Brett Farve and think he had all the qualities of what a great QB should be he had it all and will truely be missed by all the packer fans, watching will not be the same for quite sometime nowSad!!
RavenBoy Wrote:Get hooked on drugs and alcohol, great rolemodel
Overcoming that is what made him a role model. Farewell to a legend. The guy played the game like it should be played.
What a sad a day in the NFL huh?
:thumpsup: Right on my brother..
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Overcoming that is what made him a role model. Farewell to a legend. The guy played the game like it should be played.
Alright now! Enough is enough. I like to watch Sportscenter. But I can't stand watching one more minute of seeing the crying press conference. I watched it the first time, all the way through. It is getting on my nerves now. I really, really liked him. But I am getting sick of him now.

Launchpad4!!! Please make it stop!...LOL
blitz43 Wrote:Alright now! Enough is enough. I like to watch Sportscenter. But I can't stand watching one more minute of seeing the crying press conference. I watched it the first time, all the way through. It is getting on my nerves now. I really, really liked him. But I am getting sick of him now.

Launchpad4!!! Please make it stop!...LOL

I'd like to buddy, but I just can't stop cryin'
:Sad04:
I'm kind of glad he got out while he was still playing fairly well. It can be painful to watch pro athletes who try to keep playing despite greatly diminished skills.
Will go down as one of the greats. Going to miss seeing him play.
Thank God this is all over.