Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Tournament Brackets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a link for the tourney brackets....

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ment_79114
I don't think anyone will be able to hold Hazard this year. Clear cut 14th region champs. Good luck next season everybody.
Probably will come down to Hazard and Letcher Central, with Hazard winning. Hazard is not a big school, around 300 students, and they have good athletes, but when they add kids like Warren and Whitaker from Bell County to what they already have, then it makes them a power team. Just like it did when they added Steven Sizemore (made it to Rupp, and also the football state) and his sister Charlotte (won both the girls All A State and the Sweet 16) a few years ago. And just like when they added Johnny Cox in the 1950's. Add great players to an already solid cast and it doesn't matter what the size of your school is. So, now Hazard has the best team in the region this year. But what would they be without Whitaker and Warren? I'll tell you what. Letcher County Central or Cordia would probably be the favorite at this point to make it to Rupp.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Probably will come down to Hazard and Letcher Central, with Hazard winning. Hazard is not a big school, around 300 students, and they have good athletes, but when they add kids like Warren and Whitaker from Bell County to what they already have, then it makes them a power team. Just like it did when they added Steven Sizemore (made it to Rupp, and also the football state) and his sister Charlotte (won both the girls All A State and the Sweet 16) a few years ago. And just like when they added Johnny Cox in the 1950's. Add great players to an already solid cast and it doesn't matter what the size of your school is. So, now Hazard has the best team in the region this year. But what would they be without Whitaker and Warren? I'll tell you what. Letcher County Central or Cordia would probably be the favorite at this point to make it to Rupp.

But they are not the favorites and Hazard is. all that other stuff is irrelevant to the fact that Hazard is the best team in the Region and will most likely win it with ease. So there is really no reason to bring up the other stuff because it simply doesn't matter. Kids transfer all the time to better teams where they can win at and thats just the way of the world. So you have two choices. You can get over it, or you can die with it on your mind. I just hate listening to people whine about situations like these because it's irrelevant to anything that's going on now.
Favorites have the tendancy to choke. i played at PCC from 2000-2004. we got beat my freshmen year by wolfe. and got beat next year by a whitesburg team that we beat 40 points at whitesburg. Hazard actually got the hardest draw of this tournament
It should be a great Hazard and LCC final!!
who are the sleepers in the region this year who could slip in and make it to rupp?
basketballwizz Wrote:who are the sleepers in the region this year who could slip in and make it to rupp?

Cordia Lions!
basketballwizz Wrote:who are the sleepers in the region this year who could slip in and make it to rupp?

Cordia.. and as of late PCC plus it being played at PCC. Tough team there.TongueirateSho
I wouldn't be so quick to say that Hazard is the obvious favorite in this tournament. To look at them statistically, yes. But to watch some other teams, don't be so quick to say that. Cordia is definitely the sleeper in the tournament. Perry Central is tough to play at their place (They came back on Hazard only losing by 6). And Letcher Central is playing just as good as Hazard right now. They took Hazard into OT at THEIR place. I think on a neutral floor such as PCC's, Letcher Central will play them even better. I am going to say that Letcher Central will beat Powell by 10. They will squeeze by PCC by 6-8, and meet Hazard in the finals. I've gotta go with the Cougars on this one. LCC in the championship by 4.
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:I wouldn't be so quick to say that Hazard is the obvious favorite in this tournament. To look at them statistically, yes. But to watch some other teams, don't be so quick to say that. Cordia is definitely the sleeper in the tournament. Perry Central is tough to play at their place (They came back on Hazard only losing by 6). And Letcher Central is playing just as good as Hazard right now. They took Hazard into OT at THEIR place. I think on a neutral floor such as PCC's, Letcher Central will play them even better. I am going to say that Letcher Central will beat Powell by 10. They will squeeze by PCC by 6-8, and meet Hazard in the finals. I've gotta go with the Cougars on this one. LCC in the championship by 4.

I'll agree with you that LCC will make it to the finals. However, Hazard has alot of experience in the post season and especially in regional finals. Im gonna have to take their experience and overall talent against anybody in the region anyday.
OMG Wrote:I don't think anyone will be able to hold Hazard this year. Clear cut 14th region champs. Good luck next season everybody.
We will see. Not as easy as you think. Teams will not have the pressure on them that the Dawgs have.
OMG Wrote:I don't think anyone will be able to hold Hazard this year. Clear cut 14th region champs. Good luck next season everybody.
Hazard is clearly the favorite, but don't think for a minute that they are unbeatable. They beat Lee County, a team that didn't even make it out of the 56th district, by only 1 point in the All A, and didn't exactly roll the Bobcats out of the gym in the rematch at Hazard. They've had several close calls in the region this year.
I think the tourney will be a little more interesting then expected. Alot of teams are playing really good ball right now and that helps come tourney time
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Hazard is clearly the favorite, but don't think for a minute that they are unbeatable. They beat Lee County, a team that didn't even make it out of the 56th district, by only 1 point in the All A, and didn't exactly roll the Bobcats out of the gym in the rematch at Hazard. They've had several close calls in the region this year.

In the rematch they beat them by 13 and was up alot more than that the whole game they just made a run at the end. They won this game easily.
I think it is a 3 team race with Hazard, Cordia, and Letcher.
I will say this to Hazard. Never count your chickens before they hatch. Cordia is a good team and when they get hot from outside it is hard to stop them. Remember at Cordia they lead against Hazard for over half the game. Just down 2 going into the fourth. I am going to Cordia and PCC will meet up in the regional finals.
Hazard is the favorite with 2 or 3 other teams playing really good basketball. Should be an exciting tournament.
This is Hazard's tournament to lose. All the pieces fell right into play and Hazard couldnt be in a better situation. The former region champ's dont make it, and they are opposite LCC and PCC, both of which are playing good ball right now. They have one game that may give them some trouble and thats with Cordia. Cordia has nice post play but doesnt have the guards to counter the Whitaker kid. Then they can coast into the championship and play a tired LCC or PCC team who battled it out the night before. So its there for their taking and their championship to lose!
If Hazard gets past cordia then more than likely they will meet up with estill who is also playing well as of late....i wouldnt count anyone into the finals yet...alot of teams are really wanting to show what they are made of
Hazard all the way
What is Letcher Co Central's record this year, have they had a winning season? I know they won their district.

Here you go with this "guaranteed" win stuff again.

I don't see how everyone can be so sure that Hazard will take this tournament with ease... Don't get me wrong, they may very well win it, but I will guarantee you that it will not be as easy for them as everyone lets on. Wink

Preacher Wrote:What is Letcher Co Central's record this year, have they had a winning season? I know they won their district.

Letcher Central's record up to this point is 19-10
LCC_Cougar Wrote:Here you go with this "guaranteed" win stuff again.

I don't see how everyone can be so sure that Hazard will take this tournament with ease... Don't get me wrong, they may very well win it, but I will guarantee you that it will not be as easy for them as everyone lets on. Wink

Letcher Central's record up to this point is 19-10

Well sorry but that's my opinion. Easy tournament and they come away with a regional championship.